gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680865 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 03:50:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First Time Beach Boys Lineup at Grammys  (Read 15733 times)
tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »

The Beach Boys will be performing GV's with 'Foster For The People'

Surfer Girl with 'Maroon 5'

some more pics here:

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/The+Beach+Boys+rehearse+for+their+Grammy+appearance/G3345
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:32:47 PM by tony p » Logged

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2012, 03:40:29 PM »

some more pics here:

http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/The+Beach+Boys+rehearse+for+their+Grammy+appearance/G3345

Outasight!  Happy Dance

Cool photos! Although, in the picture where Brian is "deep in thoughts" - he's clearly taking a nap between rehearsals.  LOL
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »

YES! YES! This is incredible! This is absolutely fantastic! GV AND Surfer Girl! Who CARES if Stamos is there if they do these two songs. Who CARES if its with Maroon 5. People will LOVE this, LOVE the Beach Boys, and I will LOVE this. This is as good as it gets.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »

some more pics here:

Darian is there ! look at Pic No5  Cool
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2012, 04:38:47 PM »

some more pics here:

Awesome you spotted that! But you're right - that's Darian no doubt. Good for him. This is going to bring the house down on Sunday.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2012, 04:47:33 PM »

some more pics here:

Good eye.  That sneaked right past me.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »

some more pics here:

I'm reading that differently - Maroon 5 do "SG" on their own, FTP do "WIBN" on their own and they join the BB for "GV", as per this:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/awards/grammys/story/2012-02-09/beach-boys-grammy-performances/53033838/1

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 01:54:00 AM »

I'm really excited for all this Grammy thing. Who would have thought, even months ago, that this this celebration, with this level of worldwide exposure would happen? The BBs seem to be the biggest Grammy news these days, that these guys, at 70, and given the curve of their recording career, are receiving this level of attention is a blessing for us all.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 01:55:19 AM »

Al: "What did I tell you about bringing the dogs to the studio?"
Brian: "But they get lonely."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 03:47:42 AM »

If someone had of posted in 2002 that in 10 years 5 Beach Boys with a total of 250 years singing the bands music between them, will sit around a piano rehearsing for an awards show they have never won, with (cough) modern day artists as surport, but also recording a new album and heading out on a 50 gig tour? They would have been laughed off this board.

That number of years (250) will unlikely ever to be topped. Old Man
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:19:25 AM by Undesirable Element » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2012, 04:31:17 AM »

I'm worried about Mike Love and whether his voice is up to it as the lead singer.  That's why I would like to see Al handle lead at least for this performance. 

Mike is more than up to that job.  Brian has done a lot of live work, carries his own show, and his voice is pretty good as well. Al always sounds good. 

No worries there.  People just want to see their favorite band, live, and still enthused about the Music - the real star!  Wink
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2012, 08:14:44 AM »

If someone had of posted in 2002 that in 10 years 5 Beach Boys with a total of 250 years singing the bands music between them, will sit around a piano rehearsing for an awards show they have never won, with (cough) modern day artists as surport, but also recording a new album and heading out on a 50 gig tour? They would have been laughed off this board.

That number of years (250) will unlikely ever to be topped. Old Man

But if that same someone would have also posted that those of us on this board would be b*tching and complaining about every element of the "comeback"? THAT would have been believeable.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2012, 08:19:46 AM »

I'm really excited for all this Grammy thing. Who would have thought, even months ago, that this this celebration, with this level of worldwide exposure would happen? The BBs seem to be the biggest Grammy news these days, that these guys, at 70, and given the curve of their recording career, are receiving this level of attention is a blessing for us all.

Do you think that excitement and attention is centered around the Beach Boys or their "special guests"? Cheesy

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2012, 11:58:08 AM »

F#CK STAMOS ! Hell, what is this about ?! Anyway, I hope he won't be introduced or get the spotlight in any other way. It's the damn Beach Boys reunion and not a Full House episode...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2012, 09:00:44 AM »

Guys, maroon 5 isn't a modern band, they've been around for a decade and their heyday was at least 6 years ago.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2012, 09:11:56 AM »

Guys, maroon 5 isn't a modern band, they've been around for a decade and their heyday was at least 6 years ago.

really?  cause their last single was a billboard #1 in the US and in like 5 other countries
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 09:24:23 AM by Runaways » Logged
Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »

Since debuting in 2002, the band has sold over 10 million albums in the United States and nearly 15 million worldwide. Maroon 5's biggest hit was "Moves Like Jagger" featuring Christina Aguilera, selling over 7 million copies worldwide since December 2011, therefore establishing itself among the best-selling singles of all time
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx