gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:08:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mount Moon  (Read 1214 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2012, 03:08:39 AM »

I always feel like my music doesn't jive with the taste of most of the people who post in this subforum, but I would love if some of you gave these songs a listen.

It's acoustic guitar, bongos, some bass, male and female vocals. my main influences are 60s psych/folk and bands like the Misfits. even if you hate it, post a comment, would love to hear what people think.

http://mount-moon.bandcamp.com/album/lets-all-go-to-her-marmalade-workshop

also! there's a few different sounds on the EP, so if you don't like a track, maybe you'll like a different one. stick with it!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 07:48:58 PM »

I listened to all of them.  I will say it's not usually my taste, as far as the acoustic guitar being the main accompaniment and the dark melodies.

Having said that, I liked every song. But I favored "And So It Comes From Yesterday," "Wolf's Blood" and "Islands" (which I think I liked the most). I liked both of the vocalists too -- I'm into honest, straightforward singing.

Did you write all of them?
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:12:09 PM »

cool, cool. "Dark melodies", I like that description. I wrote most of the songs, "Islands" and "The Forest" were written by Jenny, the female singer. "Islands" seems to be the standout track.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx