gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680773 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 01:52:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos In Reunion  (Read 50971 times)
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 18, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »

filledeplage:
my comment was meant a little sarcastic. I'm sure David did more than we can see in this video. But still there's some truth in it and there's no excuse to let Stamos sing that song instead of David imo. I mean Stamos is the guy who did produce (?) An American Family !!

Rocker - that is what this is about? OK.

But, you did not put that on the table.  

That muddies the waters.  

You don't get what I mean. Look at the bigger picture. In one of my first posts in this thread I said the problem is - besides he's no Beach Boy and musically just average - what he represents. It's not one single event but everything. You don't want David Leaf on stage, do you ? Or - if he'd still be alive - Landy ?
I'll keep it at that. We'll just wait what happens in the next months. I'm hopeful that Stamos won't be on the european leg of the tour

Rocker - It is 50 years. In that time span, there are people who come in and out of your life, who might appear well meaning, and have an agenda. That happens to everyone. Sometimes things are not as they seem. I don't know/or knew either of those people you mention and have to rely on news accounts, or interviews, long after the fact. Smart people just write bad people off, dust themselves off, and move on. It seems that everyone is moving on.  That stuff is old.

Mostly, it is not our business. If you look at this all, not for the politics involved, but just for Music Appreciation, as if it was a subject, which it is, it frees you to enjoy the work. 

Here is the difference, for me.  If Stamos were to sing, (and he could, in theory) "You Are So Beautiful" and I'm not that familiar with his personal work, I "might" mind. If I knew he promoted it, to further the general knowledge base, of Dennis Wilson, I would not mind.  I hope he sings "Forever" because he put "sweat equity" into it.  And it is incontrovertible, that Stamos did promote the Beach Boys in the middle of hip hop and rap.  They didn't "need" him, but, that involvement got them more TV exposure than when I was a teen and dying to see them on TV.   

And, I'm in the back seat, with the rest of the fans.  After Dennis was dead, Stamos helped to keep Dennis' voice and music alive, in a time, when he was pretty down and out, at his passing. He looked beyond Dennis' addiction to  Dennis' music, looking at the positive. Others have done similar stuff, like Billy Hinsche and Jon Stebbins, whose books I have not read, yet.  I hope you have seen those films.  It is Beach Boys 101.

All I am saying, as the great John Lennon sang is "Give Peace a Chance."   Wink

SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 18, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

I've probably seen about a dozen Beach Boys' concerts since John Stamos has been associated with the group.

I could not tell you how many (if any) times he participated. What I do know is,  if he did play, I didn't say to anybody at the office the next day "I saw John Stamos last night!"

I attend to see the Beach Boys and listen to the music. The only difference with this tour is that hopefully I can see one of these shows and see ALL of the Beach Boys, together one last time. While I certainly have my preferences for seeing certain people play with them, like everybody else... it really doesn't matter that much to me. I fully expect to enjoy the ride no matter what. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 21, 2012, 07:54:41 AM »

filledeplage:
my comment was meant a little sarcastic. I'm sure David did more than we can see in this video. But still there's some truth in it and there's no excuse to let Stamos sing that song instead of David imo. I mean Stamos is the guy who did produce (?) An American Family !!

David didn't sing Forever.  Stamos didn't sing Forever.  David was involved with the band for a year.  Stamos has been involved with the band for 20 years. 

Smiley

Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2012, 04:46:49 AM »

filledeplage:

David didn't sing Forever.  Stamos didn't sing Forever.  David was involved with the band for a year.  Stamos has been involved with the band for 20 years. 

Smiley

Yes but look at the albums David appeared on during that time, he's 50% of that original guitar sound and was a friend of Dennis from way back when in Hawthorne. Contrast that with Stamos who has achieved little or nothing in all the twenty odd years he's been hanging around the periphery of the band.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »

Dead Horse

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »

Perhaps someone can now create another petition to close this thread?
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2012, 05:57:14 PM »

Stamos was just in a superbowl commercial.  Some chick headbutted him.  If you're still upset about how he's going to be singing all over the new album, touring all 50 dates, and shooting and producing the three planned music videos, you may want to find that commercial to get some SHADENFRUED in . 

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 05, 2012, 07:24:20 PM »

filledeplage:

David was involved with the band for a year.  Stamos has been involved with the band for 20 years. 

Smiley

Guess you're no expert on Beach Boys history...or math. Dave started playing guitars with Carl in 1958, and started learning Brian's songs around the same time. He recorded 4 hit albums and 5 hit singles with the Beach Boys, iconic songs that Stamos sits in on during encores. Dave left the BB's in late '63. But he didn't stop there...he played shows with them in '69, '71, '94, '95, '96...was IN the band from '97 to '99...and has played shows with them nearly every year during the 2000's including a full UK tour in ' 2008. So to you that adds up to Dave was involved with the band for a year, but Stamos gets credit for 20? Skewed is all i can say.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2012, 12:20:51 AM »

anyone who thinks Stamos has more right than David Marks to perform with The Beach Boys is seriously misinformed and downright dangerous.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2012, 02:48:37 AM »

I guess Ron was just making fun hence that smiley

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 08, 2012, 01:09:14 PM »

If Stamos is onstage Sunday I think his number one aim should be to 'flip the bird' to the Grammy organization. Razz
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuxq01NY-Ts&feature=related
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2012, 10:45:30 PM »

Stamos said on twitter he won't be on stage at the Grammy's.

Thank god  Cheesy

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2012, 10:59:14 PM »

I would rather 100 John Stamos' before Maroon 5... and that's saying something!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2012, 11:03:47 PM »

I agree..

I'm still waiting for Adam Levine to post on twitter he can't make it

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #365 on: February 10, 2012, 07:59:33 AM »

I agree..

I'm still waiting for Adam Levine to post on twitter he can't make it

I subscribe to his account if there were even a slim-to-none chance that this would happen.

Maybe there is a Victoria's Secret runway show somewhere in the world he'd like to be a part of this weekend... Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 10, 2012, 10:47:14 AM »

Actually, they're going to run the Superbowl ad where Stamos is trying to steal some of this gal's yogurt and she headbutts him onto the floor.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RQPM6y3ZnAo

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 10, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »

Actually, they're going to run the Superbowl ad where Stamos is trying to steal some of this gal's yogurt and she headbutts him onto the floor.  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RQPM6y3ZnAo

Great acting by Stamos in that clip....  LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx