gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:53:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who is looking forward to the Beach Boys reunion performance this weekend?  (Read 13017 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:43:19 AM »

Ha woke up and it kind of hit me today that the first reunion performance is THIS WEEK! Well that sure crept up on us, hey? I wonder what they will play! Do It Again maybe? I'm predicting maybe 3 songs or 2 songs and a hits medley or something...

*edit*
sigh, maroon 5/foster the people collab can't be a good thing quality-wise. maybe the mainstream buzz it will attract will sell tickets though, and i wish them success on the reunion tour
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:54:36 AM by roll plymouth rock » Logged

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 04:28:06 AM »

Ha woke up and it kind of hit me today that the first reunion performance is THIS WEEK! Well that sure crept up on us, hey? I wonder what they will play! Do It Again maybe? I'm predicting maybe 3 songs or 2 songs and a hits medley or something...
To repeat my guess:

1) Good Vibrations
2) God Only Knows
3) Do It Again
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 04:41:57 AM »

Can't top that guess Lowbacca - esp Vibes and DIA, though maybe H&V will get a look-in, given the recent SMiLE hoo-haa, or Calif Girls.  Any three from those five.

“We live in divisive times.”
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 04:47:04 AM »

6 words: Their Hearts Were Full of Spring

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 04:50:44 AM »

6 words: Their Hearts Were Full of Spring
Would be cool, really cool (!). But for something like the Grammys it's a track too unknown (/not interesting enough) to the mainstream teen audience - I guess. Could be featured at an actual reunion concert, though (something for the fans).
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 04:53:34 AM »

Depending on how many songs they can play I think it might be similar to the Reagan show.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 04:55:54 AM »

I'm excited for whatever they play at such a big event! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 05:03:33 AM »

Can't top that guess Lowbacca - esp Vibes and DIA, though maybe H&V will get a look-in, given the recent SMiLE hoo-haa, or Calif Girls.  Any three from those five.

Yah I think California Girls is a good bet at such a big California based event...

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 05:04:04 AM »

Maybe Brian blackmailed ("I won't do the show otherwise! There's plenty of cake at home!") them into

1) DING DANG (what an opener!!  Shocked)
2) SOLAR SYSTEM and
3) BARE NECESSITIES

Afro
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 05:04:32 AM »

Very few acts get to play more than one song at the Grammys.  There's just not enough time, especially considering all of the other acts scheduled this year.  

Nicki Minaj
Bruno Mars
Adele
Coldplay with Rihanna
Foo Fighters
Glen Campbell with The Band Perry and Blake Shelton
Katy Perry
Taylor Swift
Kelly Clarkson with Jason Aldean
Bruce Springsteen
Paul McCartney

The Beach Boys have still not been officially announced, but if they do perform, I predict they will play Do It Again.  Mike gets the lead on the verses, Brian gets the bridge.  If they do a medley, it won't be complete songs, but rather a bit of this...a part of that.    
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 05:09:38 AM »

Maybe Brian blackmailed ("I won't do the show otherwise! There's plenty of cake at home!") them into

1) DING DANG (what an opener!!  Shocked)
2) SOLAR SYSTEM and
3) BARE NECESSITIES

Afro
I'm up for that set of songs.  w00t!  Grin  But seriously, a redone version of "love you" done in concert would be awesome.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 05:09:49 AM »

Very few acts get to play more than one song at the Grammys.

Didn't know that. Never watched the damn thing.  Tongue

The Beach Boys have still not been officially announced, but if they do perform, I predict they will play Do It Again.  Mike gets the lead on the verses, Brian gets the bridge.  If they do a medley, it won't be complete songs, but rather a bit of this...a part of that.    

If they would just play Do It Again, why would Mike be talking about "harmonies like in '65/'66"? And I think a medley would be rather outdated, wouldn't it? Do they still do that?  Huh

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 05:10:43 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 05:12:30 AM »

Do It Again, likely, California Giris, Kokomo, and a quick, tight medley (they used to do lots of those!)

Should be grand!  Wink

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 05:16:19 AM »

Kokomo
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 05:18:33 AM »

My god, that image is a Til I Die level of darkness.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:19 AM »

I love how she looks up at the word 'kokomo' at the beginning of the GIF.  LOL
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 05:21:51 AM »

If they would just play Do It Again, why would Mike be talking about "harmonies like in '65/'66"? And I think a medley would be rather outdated, wouldn't it? Do they still do that?  Huh

Mike's talking about the new album when he talks about "harmonies like in '65/'66".  If you've never watched the Grammys, be prepared for a lot of cheese.  If you look at the list above, you'll see one act paired up with another in a few cases, and these pairings are either medleys, or just one song sung by both (or all) performers.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 05:24:01 AM »

Mike's talking about the new album when he talks about "harmonies like in '65/'66".  If you've never watched the Grammys, be prepared for a lot of cheese.  If you look at the list above, you'll see one act paired up with another in a few cases, and these pairings are either medleys, or just one song sung by both (or all) performers.
Geez......   Undecided

Well, we'll see what happens. I'll be SMiLiNG either way. I hope they let Brian talk and he'll say something funny.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 06:44:58 AM »

I have a feeling they'll be rushed through at the beginning of the broadcast with one quick song (probably "Do It Again" or "California Girls") and they'll be gone before you know it.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2012, 06:56:07 AM »

I have a feeling they'll be rushed through at the beginning of the broadcast with one quick song (probably "Do It Again" or "California Girls") and they'll be gone before you know it.

I think you may be spot on.  And if they do California Girls, I would not be at all surprised to see Katy Perry follow immediately with California Gurls.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2012, 07:28:22 AM »

The big key to me is, The Grammies aren't announcing it.  Leading me to believe they consider it a 'surprise', which means they have something big planned. 

There's 100 great songs they could sing, but I'm kind of wanting to hear Al *MURDER* Wouldn't It Be Nice one more time.  He sings the sh*t out of that song.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2012, 07:30:11 AM »

I think you may be spot on.  And if they do California Girls, I would not be at all surprised to see Katy Perry follow immediately with California Gurls.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing it.  Katy Perry is one of the prettiest women to grace the world stage in about 15 years, imho.  Blue hair and all.

Not so sure they will though, that song is a couple years old now.  She's done a bunch of other stuff since then. 

Haven't rumours been swirling about Van Halen being there?  Maybe they'll both do California Girls. 
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2012, 10:29:38 AM »

"Vege-tables"  Grin

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »

If it's just a one song performance, my money's on California Girls.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2012, 10:38:50 AM »

Some of you are expecting a mini-Beach Boys concert to take over the Grammy's...not gonna happen folks.  I know we are all starved for some Beach Boys action but the Grammy's is NOT where we should be looking for it.   The pacing on the Grammy's show is A.D.D. fast...don't expect them to focus on the Beach Boys longer than the one song they're probably going to sing.  Frankly, they ONLY need one song. 

Simon and Garfunkel reunied for the first time in years on the Grammy's..they opened the show and only did one song "Sounds of Silence."  They didn't do "Mrs. Robinson" and "Bridge Over Troubled Water."  Just one song.  The Beach Boys will probably do the same.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:39:44 AM by Justin » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx