-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  The Beach Boys and Ronald Reagan???
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys and Ronald Reagan???  (Read 77471 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »

The Tea Party movement from the beginning has been under control of concentrated power and wealth. The Occupy Wall Street movement is grassroots but it's not a political party you can vote for. It is however a real step in the right direction if any real change is going to happen in the U.S.
You know how when you're facing somebody -- their right hand is on your left?  I think that's what going on here.  Whoever dressed you this morning put your right shoe on the left foot.  And the left shoe, on the right foot.  Grin

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2012, 12:36:14 PM »

The Tea Party movement from the beginning has been under control of concentrated power and wealth. The Occupy Wall Street movement is grassroots but it's not a political party you can vote for. It is however a real step in the right direction if any real change is going to happen in the U.S.
You know how when you're facing somebody -- their right hand is on your left?  I think that's what going on here.  Whoever dressed you this morning put your right shoe on the left foot.  And the left shoe, on the right foot.  Grin

Interested in hearing your thoughts. I'm afraid I can't answer though since you haven't addressed any of my points nor have you made any of your own.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 11, 2012, 12:38:59 PM »

Secondly, it's import to use a Leftist's own language against them.  [/color]

In that case, please demonstrate where I used the term before you did...
That's impossible.  I'm ahead of you.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: May 11, 2012, 12:40:25 PM »

Then I'd suggest re-reading that thread where I listed not only the names but also the corporate interests and companies connected to the ad man who coined the "Occupy Wall Street" phrase as well as the man who was the first to send that phrase on Twitter. To say that man is a political activist would be an understatement, and to say he is grassroots or somehow disconnected from a larger political machine is an outright lie.

My memory is sharp on those things, I'll gladly repost to remind anyone who may have forgotten in the past month.

I remember what you wrote. Neither Ad Busters nor The Tides Foundation are funding or controlling OWS. That was a media fabrication. Yes, some figures in Ad Busters suggested some actions like Occupy, but they really had no control over it. And even if they did, Ad Busters is not a corporation, nor is it run by anyone from the corporate elite. At any rate, Occupy decisions are ultimately made in participatory meetings which are open to everyone.

Then we are at a stalemate because those statements about AdBusters, Tides, Occupy, etc. are not factual, but rather interpretations of evidence. It's all about the funding, and if a name like George Soros is not mentioned as swiftly as the name Koch, it is not 100% factually correct or honest in presenting the facts from either side.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 11, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »

Then we are at a stalemate because those statements about AdBusters, Tides, Occupy, etc. are not factual, but rather interpretations of evidence. It's all about the funding, and if a name like George Soros is not mentioned as swiftly as the name Koch, it is not 100% factually correct or honest in presenting the facts from either side.

Yes, but one can interpret evidence correctly or incorrectly. In reality, there is zero connection between George Soros and the Occupy movement. That was uncontroversially a fabrication:

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2011/10/13/on-george-soros-occupy-wall-street-and-reuters/
GreatUrduPoet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 11, 2012, 12:47:39 PM »

Yes, but one can interpret evidence correctly or incorrectly. In reality, there is zero connection between George Soros and the Occupy movement. That was uncontroversially a fabrication:

http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2011/10/13/on-george-soros-occupy-wall-street-and-reuters/

You do work for Media Matters, right? If not, you're missing a payday.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: