gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:02:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rolling Up To Heaven  (Read 2509 times)
MBE
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:17:19 AM »

Is the R Rated version of Ding Dang from 74? If not when was it done, Brian still has his original voice
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:37:25 AM »

This was discussed in the Alan Boyd thread...he confirms it was cut in '74.....

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=277.150

If you're referring to the very odd version of "Ding Dang" that's floating around, that dates from the trip to Caribou Ranch in late 1974.  It's on the same reel as the original basic track for "Goiod Timin'."

It is interesting how he sounds like the old Brian there....maybe his new voice was one big put-on.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 12:24:59 PM »

say, does anyone have the lyrics? PM them to me...dont think these are legal to post   police

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »

There aren’t any quotable lyrics, are there? Just “Alley-oop..whoo!…a-sucka….a big tip” (or something that rhymes with tip)….Then, during the break down, high-pitched Brian goes “Well clangin’ langin’ langin’ langin’ langin’ langin’ langin’” and Mike says something like “She’s worried about her parents” which makes the others laugh.

I’d love to hear the individual parts isolated. So many things going on. Early on, way deep, Carl is growling something. No idea what he’s saying

edit...I wasn't trying to edit this, I was trying to reply! I have reposted what was originally posted. Sorry!-Billy
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 08:25:07 PM by Billy C » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 08:25:44 PM »

There aren’t any quotable lyrics, are there? Just “Alley-oop..whoo!…a-sucka….a big tip”

Close...move 4 letters to the right....

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 09:00:17 PM »

I just think this track is so funny. Shows Brian in wholly different light then how  I thought of him at this time. Everyone seems to have fun here. As far as the voice I have been told Brian consiously set out to coarsen it sometime in the mid 70s. Most of the damage must have taken place in 75. I doubt it was a fake, I mean his even when he singls falsetto from that time on he sounds different. His voice on the solo demos cut for Love You differ greatly from how Brian sounded on the recent items popping up from from 72-4.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx