gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 03:28:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What "commemorative releases" should we expect for the 50th anniversary?  (Read 129071 times)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 17, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »

Awful thread, just awful.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 17, 2012, 10:49:02 AM »

i think everyone needs to chill and stop treating phil like a criminal.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: June 17, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »

The last few pages of this thread are inappropriate and should be deleted.

PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: June 17, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »

As for the nature of Alan's illness, has it not occurred to you that maybe the man would like a little privacy at such a time ?

Agreed; maybe the news shouldn't have been posted here in the first place.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 17, 2012, 02:50:14 PM »

I'd have no objection at all to this thread being wiped. Too much gratuitous trolling and instinctive responding which must seem pretty unpleasant to all.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: June 17, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

As for the nature of Alan's illness, has it not occurred to you that maybe the man would like a little privacy at such a time ?

Agreed; maybe the news shouldn't have been posted here in the first place.

Fair comment. I asked those concerned first and posted accordingly.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »

Has there been any useful news about the archival releases? I don't feel like wading through all the bickering.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 17, 2012, 05:36:34 PM »

Has there been any useful news about the archival releases? I don't feel like wading through all the bickering.

No

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 17, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »

No

Thanks Shady.
See why can't the thread be more like this, where we're nice to one another and say things like 'please' and 'thank you'? I think that would be a much better thread than the AGD Vs Phil Cohen slapfight.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: June 17, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

No

Thanks Shady.
See why can't the thread be more like this, where we're nice to one another and say things like 'please' and 'thank you'? I think that would be a much better thread than the AGD Vs Phil Cohen slapfight.

Seconded.  Let's get back to the actual *topic* at hand.  I'm the one that started it for crying out loud.  :-)  So if we have no info as to *what* the commemorative releases will be, do we at least have a *when* Capitol decides to reveal this info? 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: June 18, 2012, 02:53:36 AM »

So if we have no info as to *what* the commemorative releases will be, do we at least have a *when* Capitol decides to reveal this info?  

Yes.

Later. Not right now. Currently they've got a red-hot new chart album to push. As with Smile, there's a gameplan and it's unrolling nicely, the only difference being this time someone kept their mouth shut.  Grin

It's June 18th. Lots of summer, lots of the year left. I doubt the BB have had this high an recognition factor since 1976 or 1983. It's all good.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 02:54:50 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 18, 2012, 12:47:39 PM »

I'm happy to be patient. I'm still listening to TWGmTR and will be for a while yet! The archive release can wait a while... Maybe mid-Sept, so there's something to promote when the Beach Gents play Wembley! Grin

“We live in divisive times.”
egon spengler
« Reply #737 on: June 23, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »

a July 2012 EMI partner newsletter seeking sponsors for a Beach Boys event refers to the "fall release of the ULTIMATE career-spanning boxset"  Cool
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 04:24:47 PM by egon spengler » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 23, 2012, 07:28:32 PM »

a July 2012 EMI partner newsletter seeking sponsors for a Beach Boys event refers to the "fall release of the ULTIMATE career-spanning boxset"  Cool
weird how we haven't heard ANYTHING about this yet.

There needs to be a disc from each Beach Boy of what they think are their career spanning (without duplicates) plus their favorite songs that they sang lead/wrote/produced plus unreleased stuff by themselves. Bruce can finally put 10 Years of Harmony on there, and whatever he wants from Goin' Public & whatever he's been holding onto for years. Or a Mike disc, he can put out some of his solo stuff that never was released plus some Celebration material....etc.....I'd buy it!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 23, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »

Lawd I pray this will include witntla and cf....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:42:14 PM by pixletwin » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 23, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »

Lawd I pray this will include witntla and cf....

Man, even if "(Wouldn't It Be Nice To) Live Again" and the 1974 "California Feelin'" were the only new/unreleased tracks, I'd be happy. However I hope we get a lot of cool unreleased stuff. And not just stuff we know about. Hopefully some surprises on the level of "Surf's Up 1967" or the extra vocals on "Child Is Father Of The Man".

I think Brother and Capitol are getting the idea that people really dig The Beach Boys really artistic material and that there is quite a market for their unreleased material. Hopefully I'm right.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: June 23, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »

It's the Cohen of Silence...  Shocked

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 24, 2012, 06:10:18 AM »

excuse me?

I'm one of the Cohen brothers?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 24, 2012, 09:03:44 AM »

excuse me?

I'm one of the Cohen brothers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGEWQRL2sJk
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: June 24, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »

well, that's obviously hyperbole. I'm not saying it won't be cool, but that makes it seem like it's going to be the best box set in history.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 24, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »

a July 2012 EMI partner newsletter seeking sponsors for a Beach Boys event refers to the "fall release of the ULTIMATE career-spanning boxset"  Cool

It's the Cohen of Silence...  Shocked

Funny!!!  If only Phil could "Get Smart"!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
LdC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 24, 2012, 08:17:34 PM »

Personally I hope Joe Thomas does his "other" job and records the Beach Boys live at ,say Hollywood Bowl(I know they played already!),Red Rock amphitheartre ,Wembley or...Sydney (for my own reasons..lol). And would it be too much to ask for them too shoot in 3D?? That would be awesome..I think we need more live releases!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: June 24, 2012, 08:51:52 PM »

Personally I hope Joe Thomas does his "other" job and records the Beach Boys live at ,say Hollywood Bowl(I know they played already!),Red Rock amphitheartre ,Wembley or...Sydney (for my own reasons..lol). And would it be too much to ask for them too shoot in 3D?? That would be awesome..I think we need more live releases!

Yeah, because seeing a bunch of old geezers in 3-D would make the whole thing that much more exciting...

But seriously, here's hoping some documentation (DVD/Blu-Ray/CD) of these concerts is forthcoming...

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 24, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »

I do not understand why so many people want a live album or DVD. I hope they concentrate more on getting the box set out there (with all kinds of good unreleased stuff), and then after that, the greatest hits package (which I'm excited for because of MORE NEW SONGS!), and then hopefully another new studio album! Forget that live business, we already got Cooncert, Live In London, In Concert, and Knebworth, not to mention Songs From Here & Back. That is more than enough for now.

But if they do indeed do a live release, I hope it includes things like "This Whole World", "It's OK", and "Marcella".
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: June 24, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »

The way I see it, the more the merrier.  Of course I'm looking forward to the "commemorative releases", but I wouldn't complain if they threw in a live album of the reunion tour as well.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx