gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:57:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Beach Boy Era Are You Currently Into The Most Now-a-Days? :)  (Read 10811 times)
rogerlancelot
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »

Instead of the Love /Baker sessions try Symphonic Sounds by Bruce Johnston W //guest vocalists..

No-one should try that album. It has aged me horribly.

Try this one instead: extend "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" (Caribou '74 sessions) artificially by looping certain sections until it can fill an 80 minute cd (make sure there is at least 30 minutes of the banjo riff repeating alone) and then try to listen to it on repeat while rolling on ecstasy (MDMA) and laying on the floor in a dark basement. This could age or warp even the toughest of character.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2012, 02:39:21 PM »

Instead of the Love /Baker sessions try Symphonic Sounds by Bruce Johnston W //guest vocalists..

Try this one instead: extend "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" (Caribou '74 sessions) artificially by looping certain sections until it can fill an 80 minute cd (make sure there is at least 30 minutes of the banjo riff repeating alone) and then try to listen to it on repeat while rolling on ecstasy (MDMA) and laying on the floor in a dark basement. This could age or warp even the toughest of character.
You tried that crazy ritual? Shocked

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rogerlancelot
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »

No. No plans to try it either. For one thing, I don't have a basement and for another I can't see wasting money on ecstasy (unless my wife wants some too). But I will work on the cd tonight and let you know how it turns out.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2012, 03:05:47 PM »

No. No plans to try it either. For one thing, I don't have a basement and for another I can't see wasting money on ecstasy (unless my wife wants some too). But I will work on the cd tonight and let you know how it turns out.
Thats good to hear, can't wait to hear it, maybe sample creepy smiley smile parts in it.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Paulos
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2012, 11:42:25 PM »

that's true i'm just a paranoid person :/..i have a question,how come people on here share interviews but not bb music?

Because we have rules on that: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html
SO IT'LL BE IMPOSSILBE TO GET SONGS FROM HERE? :[

I thought you figured that out! Just get the records, man. Or listen to them on Spotify, or Grooveshark, or something. Or google them, if you really don't want to buy really cheap cds or something. I mean, damn.
i've been looking for rio grande and i can't find it nowhere i heard it once and was mezmerized :]

Dude, you are seriously hard work sometimes.

http://www.amazon.com/Brian-Wilson-Dlx/dp/B00004WH69/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1327563613&sr=8-13

Only $6.43 for a brand new copy of Brian's debut album and hey presto you have Rio Grande.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2012, 06:38:57 AM »

Or try Spotify.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2012, 01:18:51 AM »

Late 80's/Early 90's....I've seriously pondered my own fanfics of an elderly Mike Love trying to get off with some thirty year old chicks thanks to the esteem boost of his band's recent hit, "Kokomo"....

I'm completely serious. And it's nasty.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »

Late 80's/Early 90's....I've seriously pondered my own fanfics of an elderly Mike Love trying to get off with some thirty year old chicks thanks to the esteem boost of his band's recent hit, "Kokomo"....

I'm completely serious. And it's nasty.
30? more like early 20's  LOL
petzounds
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2012, 04:15:42 AM »

Sunflower    Pacific Ocean Blue/Bambu   and Palisades Park
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2012, 07:42:48 AM »

How is this project going? I can't listen to the adrian baker sessions forever. Afro

Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2012, 07:49:51 AM »

1967-1977 Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx