gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:51:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Lyrics Thread: post the gauchest lyrics u got  (Read 15088 times)
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2012, 04:18:06 AM »

I've always found the lyric "I met you last summer when I came up to stay with my gran" partucularly grating

Gran has no place on a pop song. Especially funny as Brian wanted to submit the song to the Beatles. Can't see the John Lennon of "You Can't Do That" going to stay with his gran. Or maybe I can.......

I'm with you on this one!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2012, 04:19:27 AM »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:17:03 PM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2012, 06:02:17 AM »

I've always thought it says "stay with my friend".  Is this another case of misheard lyrics on my part?

I thought so too,  I asked this question on another thread and apparently it is Gran,  which is kinda out of place in a pop song really,   I prefer friend...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:07:43 AM by Wild-Honey » Logged
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2012, 06:06:23 AM »

The Adult/Child version of HEY LITTLE TOMBOY

Seriously the spoken lines at the end along with the pedophile giggles Brian, Mike and Al are into turns my blood to ice every time I simply see the title.

It is one of those songs that should not exist. Also God does not exist as if He did exist he would've set lightning to the recording studio.

Cheesy Your quote made me laugh. Really?!!   Makes me definitely want to listen to it now.  Then again...

Seriously, don't

Now I'm REALLY curious!  Cheesy   But I won't listen if its that bad,  wouldn't know how to find it anyway
Paulos
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2012, 11:47:11 AM »

I know it's not that bad, but I cringe every time I hear "cool water is such a gas"... it's not a gas! I don't know if I'm missing some point here, but "cool water, it ain't no gas" or something along those lines would have been a world better than the lyric Mike settled on imo.

Not sure what you are getting at here, Mike isn't lierally saying that cool water is water vapour, I'm pretty sure that 'gas' in context of the lyrics is slang meaning 'good thing'.
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 12:48:13 PM »

I need to corrupt a little girl today, and Wild-Honey's number came up.  Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6XFAArsbnE

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 03:03:45 AM »

I need to corrupt a little girl today, and Wild-Honey's number came up.  Here ya go:

Well.  That is bad in so many, many ways.  WTF were they thinking!  It sounds like they are circling around a girl and leering and bullying her. Brian sounds like a perverted sicko.  I need to wash my brain out with soap. I was warned I suppose.  Yuk.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »

I know it's not that bad, but I cringe every time I hear "cool water is such a gas"... it's not a gas! I don't know if I'm missing some point here, but "cool water, it ain't no gas" or something along those lines would have been a world better than the lyric Mike settled on imo.

Not sure what you are getting at here, Mike isn't lierally saying that cool water is water vapour, I'm pretty sure that 'gas' in context of the lyrics is slang meaning 'good thing'.

I get that's probably what Mike is trying to say, but even in that context I just can't gel with the lyric. All it makes me think of is the states of matter and how 'cool water' is one of  the furtherest states away from being a gas. I know I'm being very, if not ridiculously picky here, I think it's largely because the rest of Cool, Cool Water is all kinds of mindblowing and I can't come to terms with the fact that the perfect place for a money-monent in the song is instead filled with a terrific display of mediocrity.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2012, 09:45:34 AM »

I get that's probably what Mike is trying to say, but even in that context I just can't gel with the lyric. All it makes me think of is the states of matter and how 'cool water' is one of  the furtherest states away from being a gas. I know I'm being very, if not ridiculously picky here, I think it's largely because the rest of Cool, Cool Water is all kinds of mindblowing and I can't come to terms with the fact that the perfect place for a money-monent in the song is instead filled with a terrific display of mediocrity.

This is subjective; I think it's a wonderful little bit of word play and the first few times I heard it that bit made me chuckle. But to each their own.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2012, 10:56:36 AM »

This is subjective; I think it's a wonderful little bit of word play and the first few times I heard it that bit made me chuckle. But to each their own.

Everything in this thread is subjective*! While I can't agree with you, I'm not surprised that there are people out there who enjoy the lyric.

* That is everything except the posts that sing of the triumphs of 'it's so cold I go "brrrrrrr"'. They're right on the money, no questions asked  Grin

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »

Well.  That is bad in so many, many ways.  WTF were they thinking!  It sounds like they are circling around a girl and leering and bullying her. Brian sounds like a perverted sicko.  I need to wash my brain out with soap. I was warned I suppose.  Yuk.

LOL LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2012, 02:58:25 PM »

Don't even care about any of that, I've just always hated the phrase, "It's a gas!"

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
SBonilla
« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2012, 03:46:06 PM »

I've always found the lyric "I met you last summer when I came up to stay with my gran" partucularly grating

Gran has no place on a pop song. Especially funny as Brian wanted to submit the song to the Beatles. Can't see the John Lennon of "You Can't Do That" going to stay with his gran. Or maybe I can.......

I'm with you on this one!
Grans or grammas are the best. Gator must have got your grannie.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2012, 10:45:04 PM »

Don't even care about any of that, I've just always hated the phrase, "It's a gas!"

Yeah, but the song "it's a Gas", as vocalized by Mad Magazine's Alfred E. Neuman, with sax solo by King Curtis, is a fun listening experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J-LvMxKvFY
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx