gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:34:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 80"S CALIFORNIA FEELING boot with Rocky Pamplin  (Read 3022 times)
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »

In 83-86 there was vinyl boots of BB stuff..Smile 4-editions..Landlocked..Adult Child.,New album..Merry Xmas 1977 Among others..There was a boot of Honeys/Spring with Rocky Pamplin called..California Feeling..Rocky sang some leads..I have never seen a cd of that stuff.. Does it exist on cd..??..My collection is missing that stuff..There is a BW song on there called..ITS LIKE HEAVEN..Great ! Song.!!..I think I might have that on a Honeys //Spring collection..BUT,,Id love to own that song on cd..That song as far as i can tell was NEVER recorded by BB or BW..   Demo or finished recording..In the 80"s i had to buy a Shaun Cassidy LP to get that song..That is a song that BB should consider recording for their NEW LP,,Its a classic..Also i have never found a boot with the song..If there were time ..Bruce song ..Those 2 songs ive never found on a boot..Both great songs..The BJ song was recorded by Captain + Tennile
The recording of ITWT is a BJ demo..Piano + Vocals I had that on cassette..That cassette doesnt exist any more..!!..Both of those bold soongs are HITS.. In any era..IMHO
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 07:15:20 PM »

Rocky Pamplin, one of the full villains in the Beach Boys saga.....
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:16:19 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MBE
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »

The LP was mistitled Califona Feeling. It's probably been booted off the vinyl or tapes on CD but I am more of a vinyl guy so I'm not sure.
Camus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »

The Rocky Pamplin demo of California Feeling is on either vol 1 or vol 2 of Get The Boot.  There's a Beach Boys demo on one of the late 70s Dumb Angel CDs and Brian recorded a solo version with his band that was released on that best of the beach boys compilation chosen by Brian Wilson.  Al Jardine has also released his version of the song on A Postcard from California and I believe the Honey's recorded a version for a Stephen Kalinach CD recently.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:41:21 PM »

The Rocky Pamplin demo of California Feeling is on either vol 1 or vol 2 of Get The Boot. 
Volume 2, track 14

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 08:56:09 PM »

The Rocky Pamplin demo of California Feeling is on either vol 1 or vol 2 of Who The Fuck Is This Guy And Why Is He Singing: The Album!

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »

It's Like Heaven is a Spring song, recorded 1978, I believe. It's on the modern reissue of the American Spring CD. There's also a demo missing a few instruments and with alt. vox on Sea of Tunes: All This is That.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

“It’s Like Heaven” was included in The Honeys’ 1986 album "It's Like Heaven", released in Sweden on Ocean Records. It also came out as a bonus track on the 1988 “Spring” CD on Rhino Records. It was also released on “The Honeys - Capitol Collector’s Series” CD in 1992.

The song was also on Shaun Cassidy's album called "Under Wraps" released in 1978.

In addition to the 1983 bootleg release on vinyl (later on CD) called "California Feeling", the song "It's Like Heaven" was bootlegged in 1989 (later on CD) as "American Spring - Plus" on "See For Miles Records". Also on "The Honeys Rare Archives 1" CD, which included Honeys rarities and American Spring alternate versions. This one has the alt. version of “It’s Like Heaven” with Rocky singing.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:11:32 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 05:56:30 PM »

Man, I wish I could have bought vinyl boots of this stuff at concerts in the 1980s.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »

“It’s Like Heaven” was included in The Honeys’ 1986 album "It's Like Heaven", released in Sweden on Ocean Records. It also came out as a bonus track on the 1988 “Spring” CD on Rhino Records. It was also released on “The Honeys - Capitol Collector’s Series” CD in 1992.

The song was also on Shaun Cassidy's album called "Under Wraps" released in 1978.

In addition to the 1983 bootleg release on vinyl (later on CD) called "California Feeling", the song "It's Like Heaven" was bootlegged in 1989 (later on CD) as "American Spring - Plus" on "See For Miles Records". Also on "The Honeys Rare Archives 1" CD, which included Honeys rarities and American Spring alternate versions. This one has the alt. version of “It’s Like Heaven” with Rocky singing.

Didn't know the See For Miles CD was a boot - it seems very legit.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »

It is. 100% so.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »

Well thanks so much for all the info..Really
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »

Was unaware of that!  Mine is an illegitimate copy.  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 11:36:26 PM »

Was unaware of that!  Mine is an illegitimate copy.  Grin

See For Miles is a legit UK reissue label.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx