-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Are there any female members on this board?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Are there any female members on this board?  (Read 97465 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2015, 01:08:50 PM »

Right, okay. So, closing the wage gap will bring this country to its knees. It's not like people will have more money to put into your beloved capitalistic economy - nooooooooooo. What will happen is Joseph Stalin will kill you. Great. I think we can wrap up this argument now and let the women have their thread back.
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 20, 2015, 12:36:05 PM »

Well this thread certainly took turn...

I consider Fillthepage my friend. And RangeRover too. And I enjoy reading Amy's and Cyncie's posts. Pretty Funky is funky pretty. What happened to Amanda Hart?

I'm right here! Just been a busy/stressful time, so I probably only browse around here 2x/week max.

As far as the rest of this feminism stuff, I don't have time to really think out what I want to post now, but I'll try to revisit this tomorrow. I work for myself, so a lot of these arguments that stem around the corporate world and economics aren't on the forefront for me. I think the biggest thing holding all people back is organized religion. For most of America, religious values are what set our definitions of gender behavior and many are able to use their religion as a cloak for their sexism, bigotry or whatever.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2015, 07:07:34 PM »

It's not that there aren't female Beach Boys fans. I know a lot of them. It's just that they don't seem to frequent message boards. That's just a different level of fandom.

And, in my experience as a female in a professional field: sexism, racism, ageism and any other -ism you care to name, are attitude problems first, and they go both ways. Men and women alike fail to respect the opposite sex. White people stereotype black people and vice versa. Young people scoff at the "old people" over 40 and seniors sneer at the kids and their tattoos and piercings. The world would be a much better place if we just tried a little harder to see the other side's point of view, instead of trying to argue them into ours.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2015, 07:19:08 PM »

I consider Fillthepage my friend. And RangeRover too. And I enjoy reading Amy's and Cyncie's posts. Pretty Funky is funky pretty. What happened to Amanda Hart?

I'm right here! Just been a busy/stressful time, so I probably only browse around here 2x/week max.

As far as the rest of this feminism stuff, I don't have time to really think out what I want to post now, but I'll try to revisit this tomorrow. I work for myself, so a lot of these arguments that stem around the corporate world and economics aren't on the forefront for me. I think the biggest thing holding all people back is organized religion. For most of America, religious values are what set our definitions of gender behavior and many are able to use their religion as a cloak for their sexism, bigotry or whatever.
I have agree with you on organized religion. While I have no issues with people who want to believe and have faith, they should keep it unto themselves and not force it on others. I understand that it is right for them. They just don't understand that it isn't right for me.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »

Good to see you're still around. Enjoyed your post from Chicago this week!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2015, 09:45:54 AM »

Good to see you're still around. Enjoyed your post from Chicago this week!

Thank you, Mikie. RIP  angel
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2015, 10:09:21 AM »

I am not a female, but I like females.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »

Check your cis privilege, white male scum.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2015, 08:48:55 AM »

Feminism needs erased from thinking processes on top of it.

Newsflash - if you live in Western civilization, that's the best deal women have. Go over to the camel cowboys in the Middle East and talk about feminism. Go ahead. We'll be waiting for your return.

and you wonder why women don't post here Roll Eyes

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2015, 08:54:24 AM »

I smell a white knight.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2015, 11:37:01 AM »

Locking this thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: