gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:09:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Looking For ONE Singer/Songwriter To Produce  (Read 866 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:16:20 PM »

Hey all...this is Adam Marsland.  A lot of you know that I post here on and off and I've done some production and session work for a few people on the board.  I'm a musician/producer with a home studio in L.A. that specializes in live, organic instruments and a big, vintage sound with the sonic approach of the '70s -- fat, punchy drum sounds, rich guitars and keyboards, that kind of thing. 

I'm about to wrap up my second full-length here at the studio (Norman Kelsey, kind of a '70s funk thing, really cool), and I'm looking for one specific project to produce when I'm between regular sessions.  What I have in mind is someone that wants a kind of semi-lush, '70s (or late '60s) sound -- acoustic guitars, 12-string, vocal harmonies, tasteful fat drums.  Think Badfinger, Elton John, Ben Folds, that kind of vibe.  Basically it could be a long-distance collaboration where the person would provide me a demo track to work with -- vocals and piano or guitar -- plus a rough sketch of how they hear the track being arranged.  I would provide the backing tracks for the album on my own.  The person could either provide me with finished vocals to sync to the track, come here to do the vocals, or I could mail them the backing tracks to finish on their end.

Because this would be a fill project for me, and I'd be doing the backing tracks independently, I'd charge less than my going rate for this kind of thing.  It depends on specifics, but I'm thinking around $2,500 to do a 10-song album.  Again, this isn't MIDI -- these are fully produced tracks with live drums, real harmonies, the whole ball of wax.

I basically can only take on ONE project of this nature at a time, so I'm looking for someone with good songs, a decent voice, and who wants something in this style but doesn't have the resources on their end to make it happen.

Feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested on another board...if you want to hear more of what I do, the promo video for my studio is here:

http://youtu.be/CkMTv_sj1F4

thanks all!
adam marsland
www.adammarsland.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx