gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:02:58 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys 25 Years Together - "California Girls" Opener  (Read 3918 times)
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »

I've seen pieces of the 25 Years Together Beach Boys special, but I've never viewed it in it's entirety.  Tonight I had a chance to catch their opening number, "California Girls," and one part is cracking me up.  Various women are coming up to the guys on stage and putting leis on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6EuNzt_hw

At 2:06 in, a girl runs up to Brian and puts a lei on him.  He proceeds to scoop her up off of her feet and into his arms and walk away from his keyboard with her.  She definitely didn't see that coming.  They cut away to a shot of four girls watching the scene unfold.  Then they cut back to Mike singing.  Funny to see the look on his face.  Ridiculous concert moment right there in my opinion.  Just figured I'd share incase there's some of you out there who hadn't caught it either.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 01:10:10 AM »

haha, that is pretty funny. there's a lot of ridiculous things about that whole thing. just the fact that the girls keep on coming, it's an unending line of them. Mike lingers with all of them.

and I think it's hilarious that for their 25th Anniversary show, the second song is a cover.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Will C.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 07:58:15 AM »

I hear you Aegir, I caught most of it in one sitting the other day when I posted this thread.  Some exceptional moments, like the "Darlin'" performance and Ray Charles on "Sail On Sailor," but this is the 80s and it's not hard to tell.  To anybody who hasn't seen it, don't expect a performance of "Long Promised Road" or "This Whole World."  It's "Barbara Ann" time.

Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »

I have it on dvd, the whole thing is outrageous. Mike wearing all that pink gear! It's the way he looks at the camera and says "girls" it cracks me up everytime. Mike got so much ass that day  Cool Guy
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:34:26 PM »

I have it on dvd, the whole thing is outrageous. Mike wearing all that pink gear! It's the way he looks at the camera and says "girls" it cracks me up everytime. Mike got so much ass that day  Cool Guy
I also got the DVD... It's got a special place in my BBs-related DVD collection. Cool
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 12:25:05 AM »

I enjoy watching this on LD in all its uncompressed glory  Cheesy

Carl's rendition of Heaven is the absolute highlight for me, and the perfect version of the song.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »

Brian looks great in this special - even looks involved at first. I really don't think it's bad for network tv. No Long Promised Road or Caroline, No, but we do get a nice version of Heaven and Bruce even sings a bit of Disney Girls. And I'm not gonna complain about a show that brings the BB's and the Everlys together.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »

I love how every time a bikini girl runs by Mike he tries to get a peek. And then the look of slight disappoint when they run past him.

No mas, por favor.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 06:12:03 PM »

Carl on Heaven is great but the bit of Friends and Lovers he does is just incredible!
Mike's wardrobe choice might be the most ridiculous thing he ever wore.....and this from a man who wore turbans and gold sequin vests.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx