gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 07:15:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touring musicians 1967-2011 (rough guide)  (Read 20553 times)
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:08 PM »

According to Ian and Jon's book, Joe Pollard provided extra percussion during early to mid '73. Ed Tuduri played percussion and drums from late '73 to early '74.

References
Rustin, I., & Stebbins, J. (2013). The Beach Boys in Concert: The ultimate history of America's band on tour and onstage, pp. 1-404

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »

Daryl  Dragon was on keyboards for the Beach Boys'   3-5 nite run at the Universal Ampitheater , Los Angeles during the  summer  of ' 79.   I definitely remember seeing Daryl for the entire show I attended.  It was the only time I heard them perform Peggy Sue.

I hope no one else posted this and if I did post the same info again, I'm sorry.

We miss you Les.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »

Yes we do.

Les Chan, Beach Boys fan extraordinaire.  Was thinking about him yesterday when I played Sunflower.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2014, 11:09:10 PM »

The last few years we've lost too many good people much too soon: Les, Derek Bill, Coach Bob Haines, Greg Larson... brings it home, and hard - this thing's not going to last forever, so maybe we should all just try to get along while it does ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx