gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:42:40 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian in 1977  (Read 26842 times)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2014, 07:49:30 AM »

I think it's already an all-time classic
Did you just call "The Night Was So Young" an all-time classic? It's overreaching, to say the least. Brian would've nailed it much better.

'The Night Was So Young' was, up to that point in 1977, the best new Brian Wilson song since 'Til I Die'. It would stay as the best Brian-written song until 'Melt Away'. Well, maybe 'Good Timin'', but that was written years before. In fact the Love You album is an all-time classic in the Beach Boys' discography, and with the exception of TWGMTR, their last great album. And TNWSY is the best song on it. In my opinion, of course. When I first heard this song, it blew my ears back. I figured the Beach Boys didn't do anything good after Holland. It was really something to be proven wrong...with such a magnificent tune at that.

Carl doesn't have to sing smooth, sweet and heavenly all the time to be beautiful. There's a nice wounded warmth in his voice on TNWSY.

+!, as they say on the Hoffman board
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: October 01, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »

I love the song...I just don't care for Carl's vocals on there. :/

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »

I love the song...I just don't care for Carl's vocals on there. :/

I like most of the songs on Love You, too. Other than "Good Time" though I care neither for the vocals, nor the arrangements and the overall sound. Someone should rerecord the whole thing. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx