gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:41:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: George Fell into His French Horn stereo?  (Read 3127 times)
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2012, 04:09:51 AM »

A little while back this track, an apparently stereo version was making the rounds. Was this a true stereo mix or did it have reverb added to make a faux stereo out of mono?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 04:34:24 AM »

A little while back this track, an apparently stereo version was making the rounds. Was this a true stereo mix or did it have reverb added to make a faux stereo out of mono?

Sorry to say, this is one of the very few topics on this forum I can't care about... Embarrassed

...but let the others chime in at their leasure.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 04:58:25 AM »

i havent even heard the mono version. i thought it would be on the box set. but wasn't.. so i have yet to here any version of it.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 04:59:51 AM »

Its definitely on the 5CD set grouped with the Surf's Up sessions, but it is edited.
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 05:02:23 AM »

Its definitely on the 5CD set grouped with the Surf's Up sessions, but it is edited.

is it?? man ok well thank you. i didn't even know  Cheesy
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 05:04:30 AM »

I just checked and it is on TSS Disc 3 track 19, but called Surf's Up: Talking Horns 11/7/66
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:05:35 AM by Mooger Fooger » Logged
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 05:07:15 AM »

Sorry to say, this is one of the very few topics on this forum I can't care about... Embarrassed

But that one track is pivotal to all other Smile events. It holds the project together.
MyGlove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 05:11:35 AM »

that track just terrified me for some reason Ahhh!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 06:40:48 AM »

But that one track is pivotal to all other Smile events. It holds the project together.

LOL Sure.

Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 09:24:16 AM »

Did anybody else think that a lot of that Talking Horns track sounded like that Song of the Whales stuff? Anyway, how exactly does this junk hold Smile together, Mooger? I want to hear about that.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
SunBurn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »

Based on the sources I've heard, I believe this was originally recorded to one track. Assuming that's correct, there can be no true stereo mix. I'd love to be wrong, since I for one love this recording.
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 03:11:55 PM »

Did anybody else think that a lot of that Talking Horns track sounded like that Song of the Whales stuff? Anyway, how exactly does this junk hold Smile together, Mooger? I want to hear about that.

The key pivotal role this track had in Smile is a long and arduous road of explanation which will require years to re-tell, incorporating volumes of hand-written notes, audio taped interviews of key persons, and rare film footage and stills. Way beyond the scope of either my abilities or this forum's parameters.  Cool
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 08:13:56 PM »

Y'know, I shouldn't have called Talking Horns junk. It 's more like the debris from the explosion of greatness that was the Smile sessions.  Grin

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Reverend Rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 09:32:17 PM »

What the hell did you say?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2012, 01:10:14 AM »

The key pivotal role this track had in Smile is a long and arduous road of explanation which will require years to re-tell, incorporating volumes of hand-written notes, audio taped interviews of key persons, and rare film footage and stills. Way beyond the scope of either my abilities or this forum's parameters.  Cool

Best. Reply. Ever.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx