gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680874 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 01:03:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New 50TH Annv. Celebration Merch!!!!!  (Read 5039 times)
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:43:01 PM »

http://www.amazon.com/Sounds-Summer-Celebration-Merch-Set/dp/B006QVRX9S?tag=vglnk-c1173-20
Anybody know anything about this?

Cook pork throughly
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:50:51 PM »

Yeah, looks like everything is going down February

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 12:18:32 AM »

Product's been raised before in a previous thread.

My guess is another reissue of the Sounds of Summer CD, this time with a Celebration T-shirt.

If that's the case I won't be buying. Hope I'm wrong.

“We live in divisive times.”
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 11:33:14 AM »

I would imagine that they will release a two disc boxset (so, not this one) with Sounds Of Summer and The Warmth Of The Sun. Both albums are very good and together give a great look into the Beach Boys for new fans. And I hope that many new fans will come out of the celebration

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:37:21 AM »

I would imagine that they will release a two disc boxset (so, not this one) with Sounds Of Summer and The Warmth Of The Sun. Both albums are very good and together give a great look into the Beach Boys for new fans. And I hope that many new fans will come out of the celebration

Been done, though without much fanfare: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giftpack-2CD-DVD-Beach-Boys/dp/B001F0K0LS/ref=sr_1_54?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1326483374&sr=1-54

I might actually get this new re-issue though since I don't actually have SOS. Plus the allure of merch is tantalising, though not that much.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:41:38 AM by Max » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 11:44:23 AM »

Been done, though without much fanfare: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Giftpack-2CD-DVD-Beach-Boys/dp/B001F0K0LS/ref=sr_1_54?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1326483374&sr=1-54

Interesting. Never heard of that.
I like that they included the DVD of Sights & Sounds of summer. Only thing wrong about that imo is the video for GOK. They shouldn't have slowed down the audio

So, I guess they might just re-release Sounds Of Summer with a sticker on it promoting the 50th

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 12:28:50 PM »

On the Sounds of Summer reissue, they should use the Smile Sessions mixes for Good Vibrations and Heroes and Villains to make it more current.  Plus it would make sense to use the new version of Do It Again in place of the original.

MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 12:34:27 PM »

On the Sounds of Summer reissue, they should use the Smile Sessions mixes for Good Vibrations and Heroes and Villains to make it more current.  Plus it would make sense to use the new version of Do It Again in place of the original.

In addition to maybe, but in place of? The song went to #1 in the UK (if you'll excuse the Mike Love-ism) I doubt they'd replace it with the new version.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »

It doesn't make any less sense than having half-assed covers of Rock and Roll Music and Come Go With Me rather than Caroline, No or Sail On Sailor.  Honestly, I don't take that collection very seriously, some of the song choices are baffling and the track order is too all over the place in my opinion.  Classics Selected by Brian Wilson is a superior compilation in my opinion even if it's less comprehensive.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »

It doesn't make any less sense than having half-assed covers of Rock and Roll Music and Come Go With Me rather than Caroline, No or Sail On Sailor.  Honestly, I don't take that collection very seriously, some of the song choices are baffling and the track order is too all over the place in my opinion.  Classics Selected by Brian Wilson is a superior compilation in my opinion even if it's less comprehensive.
Because they had rather decent sized hits with both of those songs.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 07:44:58 PM »

"Rock and Roll Music" and "Come Go With Me" were both top 20 hits ... "Sail On Sailor" charted maybe #49 in '75, and "Caroline No" charted as a 'Brian Wilson' single (#32) ... maybe that explains it's absence. 

Mike Love sequenced the set like a concert.  Works okay for what it is.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 08:05:55 PM »

Put that gold 50th 'Celebration' logo on a blue t-shirt and I will wear it like yesterday!

Get on to it BRI. Fans here are ready to buy and give some free publicity. Thumbs Up
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 07:35:01 AM »

Im sure at the 50th Celebration concerts, there will be a boat load of new merch!

Cook pork throughly
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »

Im sure at the 50th Celebration concerts, there will be a boat load of new merch!

Four words:

I know Brian's dad !

- Jack Rieley
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »

I think not enough emphasis has been made on the fact that they are using the "Brother" logo for the celebration. They could have done with just the group's name, or a palm tree or something.

Still, they went for this image that the general public does not associate with the band, but means so much to the group, their friends, and their fans. I think it speaks of the integrity with which they are trying to run whole celebration; there is a classic seriousness to the 50th celebration brand that one hopes translates into all the different aspects of the event.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »

I think not enough emphasis has been made on the fact that they are using the "Brother" logo for the celebration. They could have done with just the group's name, or a palm tree or something.

Oh yeah, I agree. It's very classy. Hopefully the "celebration" will turn out to be too

- Jack Rieley
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 03:22:09 PM »

Oh yeah, I agree. It's very classy. Hopefully the "celebration" will turn out to be too

Aye, classy  - like re-reissuing an eight year-old compilation... and taking Stamos on tour... The logo IS great, I agree, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be the classiest thing about this tour!  LOL

In fact I have sneaking suspicion that someone in marketing might have noticed how well the recent replica Endless Summer tour T-shirts sold last year...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:24:24 PM by John Manning » Logged

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 03:28:28 PM »

In fact I have sneaking suspicion that someone in marketing might have noticed how well the recent replica Endless Summer tour T-shirts sold last year...

I thought the same....  Cheesy
In fact I'm still waiting for my shirt to arrive. I ordered it on dec. 16th (I believe) and it's still not here in Germany.

- Jack Rieley
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »

On the Brother logo. Could this have been down to Brians people? Sure, he does the beach, car, girl songs in concert but the theme of several tours has been PS, BWPS and Gershwin. I wonder if they said he will not be involved if it is a GH's tour. Guess we wil see.

Whoever it is. Good call and we hope some hidden gems get a airing. The musicians involved can cut it we know.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 03:42:09 PM »

BTW. Seen these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&sshmPath=at-a-glance&isAmazonFulfilled=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&orderID=&asin=&seller=A21YYV7FYEB82&isPopup=

Poor Mike!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »

I wonder if they said he will not be involved if it is a GH's tour. Guess we wil see.

It will be a GH tour. We'll just have to see if there will be some surprises. Maybe one of Brian's recent tours will be the guide. Don't know

- Jack Rieley
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »

I agree with Dr.Lenny..Using the brother logo..GREAT SPIRIT or the Surf"s up logo..End of the trail..Is very good..!!!..All us old farts identify with that logo.. I would wear that tshirt with pride..
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 07:43:07 AM »

I agree with Dr.Lenny..Using the brother logo..GREAT SPIRIT or the Surf"s up logo..End of the trail..Is very good..!!!..All us old farts identify with that logo.. I would wear that tshirt with pride..

I'm no old fart – I'm only 47-and-three-quarters – but I agree!  Grin

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 01:56:14 PM »

I'm no old fart – I'm only 47-and-three-quarters – but I agree!  Grin

I'm freshly 41, and am hoping for a redux of the great spirit belt buckle

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 09:38:52 AM »

You get a 50th Annv T-Shirt!

Cook pork throughly
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print