gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681222 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 09:08:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos In Reunion  (Read 51417 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »

cruel? really??!!!

i tried my best to keep it respectful... could have been a LOT worse!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 08:24:10 PM »

Holy sh*t...didn't expect to hear my 2nd favorite BB song played.

Whomever guesses my first favorite wins a cookie :D

Is it "Please Let Me Wonder"?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 09:46:43 PM »

I feel like killing the messenger.
gee thanks... Huh Huh
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »

I hate Stamos's version of "Forever" just as much as everybody here. But, you have to admit that he has been around since, what, 1984? Yes, he's annoying and cheesy, but this 50th reunion is supposed to be a big celebration for the group, right? So why wouldn't they invite their long time friend? He belongs there just a much as Billy Hinsche, Bobby Figuroa, Eddie Carter, Matt Jardine, Kowalski(apologies for forgetting his first name lol), Jeff Foskett, etc. Heck, I'd even invite Charles Lloyd(is he still living?).

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »

I don't have any beef with Stamos, it would be a neat addition. But please. PLEASE. Absolutely NO Stamos versions of "Forever". Though, in all reality, I really couldn't see Brian encouraging something like that for this tour (I know it's not totally his call).

Ummmm...if Stamos is involved in the reunion, then *of course* he's going to perform "Forever"!!!  Why the hell would he even be involved if he didn't play that song?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 10:00:13 PM »

Jay, Mike Kawalski.  And I saw all those guys play and would love to see then on stage again, but it's not to be. Carter and Kawalski played with them since '68 - probably the longest of all the supporting musicians. Hinsche put in quite a bit of time with them - 20 plus years. Kowalski faded pretty bad at the end - his timing was off at times and he stayed a little longer than.........well, those guys were in surf bands before The Beach Boys too. They know the Beach Boys music very well.

You know I'm kiddin', Jimmy!  You da man.  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:01:17 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 10:01:34 PM »

Good.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:42 PM »

Jay, Mike Kawalski.  And I saw all those guys play and would love to see then on stage again, but it's not to be. Carter and Kawalski played with them since '68 - probably the longest of all the supporting musicians. Hinsche put in quite a bit of time with them - 20 plus years. Kowalski faded pretty bad at the end - his timing was off at times and he stayed a little longer than.........well, those guys were in surf bands before The Beach Boys too. They know the Beach Boys music very well.

What happened to Mike Kawalski? I mean, does he have health problems that affect his playing? Or is it just general old age wearing him down? Hmm...that might have come out sounding a little meaner than I intended.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 10:44:10 PM »

They'd better have a reinforced stage big enough to hold all these people being listed if they decide to go that route... Smiley Don't forget they need to save some room for the dancing cheerleaders and surfer girls.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 11:24:38 PM »

I can honestly say I don't really care if John Stamos is there or not, one way or the other. It's not like the whole show is going to be centered around him or anything.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »

What happened to Mike Kawalski? I mean, does he have health problems that affect his playing? Or is it just general old age wearing him down? Hmm...that might have come out sounding a little meaner than I intended.

If you ever saw - or heard - him at the early 2000s shows, you'd understand why he had to go. In London in 2004, he lost the beat halfway through the first song. Which was "Do It Again", as straight a 4-4 as you can get.

Oh, and it's Kowalski.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »

Let's wait and see - we only have this from Stamos himself at the moment and he was mildly steaming* when he blurted it out. Could be a case of wishful thinking.

I won't believe it until Al Jardine says it's true. Wink

* allegedly (back down, lawyers!)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:22:40 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »

Let's wait and see - we only have this from Stamos himself at the moment and he was mildly steaming when he blurted it out. Could be a case of wishful thinking.

I won't believe it until Al Jardine says it's true. Wink

And then denies it two days later.

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 12:46:40 AM »

...and he was mildly steaming when he blurted it out.

Does that mean he was a bit toasted?  Cheesy

I got the same impression, although I was unsure as my connection was a bit jittery.

Could mean he's in training for the tour

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2012, 02:29:22 AM »

Is anybody going to blame Brian Wilson for Stamos joining the tour?

'Cause even if it's true that his inclusion is Mike's idea, which everybody seems to asume, he couln't force this upon the other guys. Specially Brian, who -I'm sure- has to give his approval for nearly everything.

Besides, I remember well that Brian sang on Kokomo (!) in a Full House episode, along with Carl. Both overruled by mean ol' Mike, I suppose.

See, everyone blames Mike Love for the group's embarrassing Tv appearances, as if all those ideas were his (were they?), and as if he pushed the other guys in front of the camera. Time to grow up.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Zack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2012, 03:40:30 AM »

Stamos will sing Forever, no doubt.

"I experimented myself right out of action."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2012, 03:51:13 AM »

Did Stamos ever play a show outside of the US with the boys ? Since I'm going to Berlin, I hope he won't be there. It's not against him as a person or drummer, but like others said he represents all that cheesiness and that should be forgotten. Every time he is part of a show they act like it's the biggest thing in the world but let's be honest, even he is a somewhat "part of a time long gone" and nothing more but a novelty.
And I wouldn't want him to do "Forever" when there's Brian and David on stage. Don't let this last chande the Beach Boys will ever have become such a cheesy, freaky show. Before adding some non-Beach Boy, get Blondie and Ricky

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2012, 04:17:38 AM »

If having John Stamos demeans the legend because he participates in a concert, then that doesn't say too much for the legend before his arrival. This is a Celebration folks, they should have whoever they want on stage with them.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2012, 04:27:28 AM »

If you ever saw - or heard - him at the early 2000s shows, you'd understand why he had to go. In London in 2004, he lost the beat halfway through the first song. Which was "Do It Again", as straight a 4-4 as you can get.

Oh, and it's Kowalski.

His drumming was equally poor at the 2004 Glasgow gig. It's Mike drumming at Live Aid too isn't it? That was kinda static sounding I think, they're better off with Cowsill these days.
Nicko1234
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2012, 05:54:30 AM »

I couldn't care less if Stamos joins them for a few shows. As it's meant to be a celebration it would be nice if a whole host of former associates could guest with them as they tour the world. Obviously Blondie, Ricky and Glen Campbell would be top of the list but I would hope that Carnie, Wendy, Matt, Billy, Eddie Carter, Mike Kowalski (if only on percussion for a song or two) etc. could all put in an appearance.

I wouldn't even care if Adrian Baker was allowed on stage for a while when the tour moves to the U.K.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:11 AM »

I'm terribly against this.  I mean, really, have Blondie or Ricky up there before Stamos, This is already turning into something I didn't want to see...why can't they just do one classy tour for one damn time.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2012, 06:11:02 AM »

here's some footage of a recent Stamos appearance. the guy's an embarrassment.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/12/beach_boys_rock_st_george_thea.html

the Beach Boys are better than this.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 06:12:56 AM »

People who should be there by right before Stamos:

Ricky
Blondie
Matt Jardine
Billy Hinsche
Eddie Carter
Bobby Figueroa
Mike Kowalski
Daryl Dragon (yeah, I know but I'm making a point)

Stamos was never a regular touring member. Not a Beach Boy. Never was, never will be. Dennis wannabe, and that's what irks me about him. Thus far, the C50 shows have been tolerably well handled, at least as regards the makeup of the band. This would be a huge misstep, and FWIW I've told someone as much.

Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 06:16:29 AM »

People who should be there by right before Stamos:

Ricky
Blondie
Matt Jardine
Billy Hinsche
Eddie Carter
Bobby Figueroa
Mike Kowalski
Daryl Dragon (yeah, I know but I'm making a point)

Stamos was never a regular touring member. Not a Beach Boy. Never was, never will be. Dennis wannabe, and that's what irks me about him. Thus far, the C50 shows have been tolerably well handled, at least as regards the makeup of the band. This would be a huge misstep, and FWIW I've told someone as much.

I was about to say, is there ANY way AGD that you have any say in this! I mean, seriously, anyone who is anyone who can make a difference PLEASE try, this is ridiculous.  This is really a shame...

Here I am trying to convince my friends this is a legitimate reunion, and a guy like Stamos is now part of it.  What a joke.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 06:19:40 AM »

Stamos will sing Forever, no doubt.
Brian should walk off the stage if he does sing forever.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx