gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681222 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 08:25:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos In Reunion  (Read 51416 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »

This reeks of Myke Luhv-JS is his "good buddy". Just another episode in demeaning the legend. Pickin' up vibes that there's gonna be a trashy side to all of this. Sad.
About time you showed up to comment about this travesty. Think I will join you in trashing Stamos and Mike if they ham it up at the reunion.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:57 PM »

Oh for f***'s sake, let's melodramatize the situation a little more: Dennis was the only sex symbol in the history of pop music and anyone else who is, was, or ever might be good looking is more or less Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein's love child.

People, it's pop music. John Stamos is a good looking guy who is modestly talented--enough that he can sit in with the band--and has been a long-time champion of the band, including when they weren't especially popular. If you'd prefer Dennis, or Carl, or some other dead person to be on the stage this year, you're someone who cannot be pleased. Get over it. You know, I'd like for the reunion to include a Brian who is about 24, who isn't more or less catatonic, and who can sing in the long-gone angelic voice. I'd like Carl Wilson not only to be there singing, but preferably in a green satin jacket. I'd like Al Jardine to be more than three-foot-six. Ideally, their brilliance would be above the pop audience level so that only someone as in-tune with the true nature of Brian Wilson as myself would even understand. Hell, I wish there were no audience but me. Ideally, it would be just me. Nobody else is smart enough. Yes, the band circa 1966--miraculously getting along and all in tune not only with Brian but more importantly with my ideal of what a Brian could be--should perform for me alone.

This is what should happen. If Stamos shows his not-ugly face, well, it's ruined.

It's pop music, people. The key characters are old, diminished, and in a few cases dead. If a famous, handsome guy is lending a hand, good.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »

Good.

Luther - I second it! John Stamos brings that missing element since Dennis' passing...

The "screaming girls" dynamic has been AWOL and frankly, I find it awesome to have that excitement back in the Beach Boys shows! That new generation of BB fans!

And, some solid assurance, that the music (our music) will carry on...Whether you like him or not, he has that "star quality" that Dennis had, and you see with the New Kids on the Block and some of the other "boy bands."  

Star power and screaming females!   Wink

Stamos is like 50 now, who's screaming for him?

Well, when was the last time you have seen the Touring Band?  Both with and without Stamos?

For starters, when Stamos is not there, because of a prior commitment, as at the
Westbury show last summer, there were girls who just kept calling out "Where is John Stamos?"

Second, he is on his 2nd generation of Full House fans, who come just to see him! How many millions have seen the
Boys on his show, still running on several networks?

He might be late 40's but has unique visibility in high female viewership markets...

Frankly, I had seen him with the old band (Carl's ) and did not know how I felt, until I saw him interact with a lot of the special needs people who just love the Beach Boys music.  He is one of the kindest public figures I have ever seen.  Kinder than many teachers I worked with. And, he is a team player. JMHO
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »

Good.

Luther - I second it! John Stamos brings that missing element since Dennis' passing...

The "screaming girls" dynamic has been AWOL and frankly, I find it awesome to have that excitement back in the Beach Boys shows! That new generation of BB fans!

And, some solid assurance, that the music (our music) will carry on...Whether you like him or not, he has that "star quality" that Dennis had, and you see with the New Kids on the Block and some of the other "boy bands."  

Well, when was the last time you have seen the Touring Band?  Both with and without Stamos?

For starters, when Stamos is not there, because of a prior commitment, as at the
Westbury show last summer, there were girls who just kept calling out "Where is John Stamos?"

Second, he is on his 2nd generation of Full House fans, who come just to see him! How many millions have seen the

He might be late 40's but has unique visibility in high female viewership markets...

Frankly, I had seen him with the old band (Carl's ) and did not know how I felt, until I saw him interact with a lot of the special needs people who just love the Beach Boys music.  He is one of the kindest public figures I have ever seen.  Kinder than many teachers I worked with. And, he is a team player. JMHO

I'm one of those fans who would love to forget the Kokomo/ Full House/ Home Improvement era the Boys went through, I was hoping the reunion would forget that too.

I bet Stamos is a good guy but you can't deny he's no more than a novelty on stage, I see where the reunion is heading, can't say I like it but I will be there

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2012, 06:40:03 PM »

Meh...not sure how this has effectively ruined anything.  It's not like they've deleted any members of the cast to make room for him...it's just one more person up there who will probably be drowned out by all the others around him.  I've said before that I was expecting Stamos to join and I still expect him to be part of the show but my guess is that it will be on a very small level.  Maybe appearing at the second half of the show/end of the show, I would guess that he's only popping up on certain shows and not on the entire tour.  In the video, it's clear he's a big fan, wanting to give them the entire spotlight so I would expect him to be be respectful of the occasion.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 06:44:21 PM »

Oh for f*ck's sake, let's melodramatize the situation a little more: Dennis was the only sex symbol in the history of pop music and anyone else who is, was, or ever might be good looking is more or less Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein's love child.

People, it's pop music. John Stamos is a good looking guy who is modestly talented--enough that he can sit in with the band--and has been a long-time champion of the band, including when they weren't especially popular. If you'd prefer Dennis, or Carl, or some other dead person to be on the stage this year, you're someone who cannot be pleased. Get over it. You know, I'd like for the reunion to include a Brian who is about 24, who isn't more or less catatonic, and who can sing in the long-gone angelic voice. I'd like Carl Wilson not only to be there singing, but preferably in a green satin jacket. I'd like Al Jardine to be more than three-foot-six. Ideally, their brilliance would be above the pop audience level so that only someone as in-tune with the true nature of Brian Wilson as myself would even understand. Hell, I wish there were no audience but me. Ideally, it would be just me. Nobody else is smart enough. Yes, the band circa 1966--miraculously getting along and all in tune not only with Brian but more importantly with my ideal of what a Brian could be--should perform for me alone.

This is what should happen. If Stamos shows his not-ugly face, well, it's ruined.

It's pop music, people. The key characters are old, diminished, and in a few cases dead. If a famous, handsome guy is lending a hand, good.

Exactly.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 06:50:18 PM »

Well this is annoying......can't say I'm surprised though. Not gonna affect me going to a show or anything, but annoying nonetheless. I can deal with him in the band...but he shouldn't be in the front row and the spotlight with a guitar  (I'm not sure his guitar is even plugged in anyway ) and definitely should not be singing a lead because he's not a BB and this is about the BB reuniting.
Playing some percussion is appropriate.
I can already hear Mike's BTTYS joke about his Mom. Undecided
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »

Good.

I'm one of those fans who would love to forget the Kokomo/ Full House/ Home Improvement era the Boys went through, I was hoping the reunion would forget that too.

I bet Stamos is a good guy but you can't deny he's no more than a novelty on stage, I see where the reunion is heading, can't say I like it but I will be there

That all depends on what people expect when they go...if they expect to see a bunch of guys who look and sound as they did, in the  60's and 70's, they are sure to be disappointed. Life goes on; even Stevie Nicks says, " I'm getting older, too" on Landslide.  

Just for example, I saw hunky Steve Stills this fall.  He was "earthy" to say the least, whipped out his hearing aids, pointed to his teleprompters, and rocked out like the wild man he was in his earlier days.  His fire for the music made the crowd nuts!  Isn't that what it's about "For What it's Worth? " (I could not resist!)

On Full House, the guys were in their 40's and 50's.  TV keeps people in that time warp.  Now, not only are they older; so are we.  Just the fact that Brian, outlived his whole family, for better or worse, and was able to salvage his life, is a miracle.  To see the bands, all working separately, pull it together and do more recording together, I think is phenomenal.  

We'll just have to wait and see...
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »

QUOTE:

John Stamos wasn't even born when the Beach Boys first got together ... but the actor tells TMZ ... he's been invited to play with the band on their upcoming 50th Anniversary Reunion tour.

Seems he was celebrating last night ... 'cause a boozy Stamos (but not boozy in a bad way) was hangin' at the Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd. when he revealed, "[The Beach Boys] asked me to be a part of the show ... I feel very honored."

The former "Full House" star performed with the band on a pretty regular basis during the '90s ... and participated in a few gigs in the past couple of years.

The band is reportedly set to kick things off at the Grammys next month ... followed by a 50-date tour.

UNQUOTE.

Watch the video here, and notice the music being played:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/12/john-stamos-beach-boys-reunion-jesus/

« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:11:59 PM by PongHit » Logged

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »

On Full House, the guys were in their 40's and 50's.  TV keeps people in that time warp.  Now, not only are they older; so are we.  Just the fact that Brian, outlived his whole family, for better or worse, and was able to salvage his life, is a miracle.  To see the bands, all working separately, pull it together and do more recording together, I think is phenomenal.  

It is phenomenal, it's about "The Beach Boys" getting together and doing it, literally, one last time..

Like people said when the reunion was announced, no need for palm trees, dancing cheerleaders and Stamos..

It's about the Wilson, Love, Jardine, Marks and Johnston, the guys that made all that brilliant music..

To be honest though, if the guys want Stamos there, so be it, I'm officially giving up on any hope of hearing "Leaving this town"  Grin

PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »

Notice he says they asked him to do "….something."  So, maybe he'll just be part of some shows?  For only 1 or 2 songs?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:10:48 PM by PongHit » Logged

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 07:20:24 PM »

WOnder if these'll be US-only appearances? Stamos is practically unheard of in the UK and will pull no more audience in than if they announced cheerleaders.

“We live in divisive times.”
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2012, 07:21:38 PM »

WOnder if these'll be US-only appearances? Stamos is practically unheard of in the UK and will pull no more audience in than if they announced cheerleaders.

Evidence once again of the UK fans getting preferential treatment over US fans Wink
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »

It is phenomenal, it's about "The Beach Boys" getting together and doing it, literally, one last time..

Like people said when the reunion was announced, no need for palm trees, dancing cheerleaders and Stamos..

It's about the Wilson, Love, Jardine, Marks and Johnston, the guys that made all that brilliant music..

To be honest though, if the guys want Stamos there, so be it, I'm officially giving up on any hope of hearing "Leaving this town"  Grin

Slim Shady - I know just what you mean about "Leaving This Town."  That is exactly my favorite era.  It was serious consciousness raising music.  When you look  at 50 years, you just can't keep wearing the striped shirts; you gotta move on...and you are right, those guys are all brilliant and made the music brilliant, period, end of story. But you gotta change things up, from time to time and bring new blood in...Carl brought in new people...no one complained... And.I loved the scenery where the stage was set up like a sailboat, with clever use of the lighting.  

People expect to see fresh ideas. At some shows, there is a real or virtual American Flag, and people seem to like that.  I prefer that, to the palm fronds, because I can't see all the guys from all directions.  And every venue has its own regulations, some with curfews.  

My guess is that people won't be disappointed.  I think the setlist will be thoughtfully crafted.  Again, I have never been disappointed and always have a great time.  My mother always said that if you don't have a good time, it's your own fault, and that advice has stood me well...consider it an adventure!  You'll have a blast!  Wink
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37:29 PM »

I'm guessing Stamos will be there just for some shows, but not all of them. I'd still rather see Matt Jardine and Billy Hinsche joining Jeff in the backup band, because they add something musically to the act.

No cheerleaders, PLEASE! I have no interest in seeing dancers onstage in any show -- they're boring, imho.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 07:40:52 PM »

QUOTE:

John Stamos wasn't even born when the Beach Boys first got together ... but the actor tells TMZ ... he's been invited to play with the band on their upcoming 50th Anniversary Reunion tour.

Seems he was celebrating last night ... 'cause a boozy Stamos (but not boozy in a bad way) was hangin' at the Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd. when he revealed, "[The Beach Boys] asked me to be a part of the show ... I feel very honored."

The former "Full House" star performed with the band on a pretty regular basis during the '90s ... and participated in a few gigs in the past couple of years.

The band is reportedly set to kick things off at the Grammys next month ... followed by a 50-date tour.

UNQUOTE.

Watch the video here, and notice the music being played:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/12/john-stamos-beach-boys-reunion-jesus/

Holy sh*t...didn't expect to hear my 2nd favorite BB song played.

Whomever guesses my first favorite wins a cookie :D

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »

It took Stamos 5 minutes to explain in 5 different ways that he's going to join the band for the 50th.

Just what I want to hear during the show -  a buncha girls squealing for Jesse. What an effing hamburger he is. A big distraction. What's he gonna do, play dueling drums with Cowsill? Let him stand at the back of the stage with a tamborine. Same ol' drum solo schtick.  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen...........budadumdadumbadaboom!

I like the guy's comment under the article:

"Stay away from Brian Wilson you douche, you're not fit to shine his shoes".

Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:54:49 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »

This reeks of Myke Luhv-JS is his "good buddy". Just another episode in demeaning the legend. Pickin' up vibes that there's gonna be a trashy side to all of this. Sad.
About time you showed up to comment about this travesty. Think I will join you in trashing Stamos and Mike if they ham it up at the reunion.
"Ladies and Gentlemen,step right up to the Beach Boys Circus"
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »

Sign the petition to keep John Stamos out of the 50th Anniversary Celebration!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no_john_stamos

that's right... just do it.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »

I'm guessing Stamos will be there just for some shows, but not all of them. I'd still rather see Matt Jardine and Billy Hinsche joining Jeff in the backup band, because they add something musically to the act.

Me too. Along with Bobby Fig. Just like the old days.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 08:01:33 PM »

Sign the petition to keep John Stamos out of the 50th Anniversary Celebration!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no_john_stamos

that's right... just do it.

LOL

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 08:02:59 PM »

this is no laughing matter

Angry
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »

You'd be fine even if you removed the snarky second paragraph in that petition.  It's not like you need any more emphasis to display your disapproval of Stamos---you already have a petition asking him to stay out of the reunion! 
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 08:14:27 PM »

i tried to keep the snark factor to a minimum... easier said than done i suppose.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »

That petition is kinda cruel.  And I thought my negative post above was bad!  Shocked

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx