gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680871 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stamos In Reunion  (Read 51064 times)
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »

TMZ says Stamos is part of reunion...Please don't kill the messenger Shocked Shocked Shocked
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »

I'd rather see Stamos than Jeffrey Foskett.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »

Please don't kill the messenger Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ninja

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »

Not overly surprising really - as long as he doesn't do the awful power-ballad version of "Forever," I don't think his participation will be as bad as many think.
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »

I don't have any beef with Stamos, it would be a neat addition. But please. PLEASE. Absolutely NO Stamos versions of "Forever". Though, in all reality, I really couldn't see Brian encouraging something like that for this tour (I know it's not totally his call).
SG7
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »

So Billy Hinsche rapping and girls with pom poms also?  Grin
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »

Only way I'd tolerate it if was if Brian just threw passive aggressive zings across the stage at him whilst checking his watch, or something. But there was always going to be a high chance of Stamos, sadly.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »

Good.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »

Fraud
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »

Potato Salad.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »

Freud
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »

John Stamos is not a Beach Boy or BW band member.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Really?  I love Jeff Foskett.  I think it's amazing how he can hit those high notes despite his age.  Stamos on the other hand... well, I mean, I liked him on ER but I really don't want to see him as a Beach Boy. 

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »

The Good: This will possibly increase attention for the reunion and drum up publicity.

The Bad: This may worse the BB's 'cheesy' image in the eyes of the general public (i.e. the non-die hards)

The Ugly:
Not overly surprising really - as long as he doesn't do the awful power-ballad version of "Forever,"
 If that happens, I'm gonna have to do this...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »

Really?  I love Jeff Foskett.  I think it's amazing how he can hit those high notes despite his age.  Stamos on the other hand... well, I mean, I liked him on ER but I really don't want to see him as a Beach Boy. 
Foskett was in the touring band for the BB before he joined Brian's band, so as much as I don't care for his falsetto that much, he belongs.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »

Doesnt anybody like the way Stamos plays the drums.?.Ive allways enjoyed his drum playing. But his guitar+vocal skills are just ok .
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 06:06:42 PM »

What a tragedy

F Stamos
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:07:35 PM by Slim Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 06:08:10 PM »

What a tragedy
Mike and Stamos are going to ham up the reunion. John Stamos is not a fucking Beach Boy! Angry

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 06:10:46 PM »

I feel like killing the messenger.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »

What a tragedy
Mike and Stamos are going to ham up the reunion. John Stamos is not a f*cking Beach Boy! Angry

He also brings so many awful associations with him..

Full House, Kokomo, Pink tank tops, bongos, The Olsen Twins, FULL HOUSE!  

Cry

I hate that guy

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 06:12:08 PM »

Good.

Luther - I second it! John Stamos brings that missing element since Dennis' passing...

The "screaming girls" dynamic has been AWOL and frankly, I find it awesome to have that excitement back in the Beach Boys shows! That new generation of BB fans!

And, some solid assurance, that the music (our music) will carry on...Whether you like him or not, he has that "star quality" that Dennis had, and you see with the New Kids on the Block and some of the other "boy bands."  

Star power and screaming females!   Wink
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »

Good.

Luther - I second it! John Stamos brings that missing element since Dennis' passing...

The "screaming girls" dynamic has been AWOL and frankly, I find it awesome to have that excitement back in the Beach Boys shows! That new generation of BB fans!

And, some solid assurance, that the music (our music) will carry on...Whether you like him or not, he has that "star quality" that Dennis had, and you see with the New Kids on the Block and some of the other "boy bands."  

Stamos is like 50 now, who's screaming for him?

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

Good.

Its an Insult to the memory of Dennis Wilson to compare him to John Stamos. Angry John Stamos has spent his whole life trying to be Dennis and has failed miserably.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:17:07 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:20:25 PM »

Good.

Its an Insult to the memory of Dennis Wilson to compare him to John Stamos. Angry John Stamos has spent his whole life trying to be Dennis and has failed miserably.

This

Once more, what a shame

oldsurferdude
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »

This reeks of Myke Luhv-JS is his "good buddy". Just another episode in demeaning the legend. Pickin' up vibes that there's gonna be a trashy side to all of this. Sad.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx