gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:45:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreleased songs  (Read 8936 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

LUCY JONES and HEY THERE MOMMA are definitely different songs, although they're similar - and they both have wop-bops in the vocals.  But the chord progressions aren't the same.

Thanks for setting me straight, Alan. I had heard that "rumor" for about 10 years. That they are alike must be why Steve thought it was Lucy Jones when hearing it over the phone with a friend of mine.

Though I have always heard negative comments (from non BW fans) about Brian's reuse of certain "grooves", I love it! It gives a sort of wink to those of us that have followed him though the years. So the ADD SOME MUSIC coda - I'M THE PIED PIPER - CHILD OF WINTER - WON'T YOU COME OUT TONIGHT coda always brings a smile to my face.

And don't get me started about SHORTENIN' BREAD. Bob Hanes and I were talking about this riff back in 1998 when it was used in SOUTH AMERICAN. Hanes said that he thought that it was music to heal Brian's heart and keep it pumping strong.  Then when I was at the soundcheck for the PS tour stop in Houston, I saw a very nervous Brian sitting at the keyboard being asked by Darien what tune he wanted to rehearse. Brian pulled a pair of dark sunglasses from his pocket, took a long drawn-out breath, and started playing SHORTENIN' BREAD. He banged away for about two minutes,  toojk off his sunglasses and said "Let's Do This!"

Freakin' Priceless.

PS - I heard that you, Alan used this tune to help relax Brian during a back catalouge project.  True?

Bob Flory
Alan Boyd
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

Once, before an interview, Brian was a little nervous - so I had him sit down at the piano and teach me how to play that riff.  That worked!

I must say, the darned thing is kinda hypnotic if you sit and play it for awhile....
MBE
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006, 09:00:58 PM »

The Iggy Pop-Alcie Cooper story rules! "Too damn weird man!"
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx