gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:45:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes And Villains released single sleeve art  (Read 3108 times)
TheCanterburySound
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 09:03:06 PM »

Does anyone have any more info on this art that was used for the sleeve of the Heroes And Villains single?  Who was it created by?  When was it created?  Any other info would be nice, I'm just curious about it...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »

This is just a wild and crazy guess... but I'm thinking it was created in 1967, sometime before August. Possibly.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:53:28 AM »

What a constructive response!
Seriously, who designed it? Why so out-of-step with the times? The image doesn't exactly reference the lyric either.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »

What a constructive response!
Seriously, who designed it? Why so out-of-step with the times? The image doesn't exactly reference the lyric either.

...and yet, if you just handed the title "Heroes & Villains" and thought it might be similar to the Ray Stevens' song "Along Came Jones", this cliche melodramatic silent film imagery might seem completely apt.
TheCanterburySound
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 01:15:41 PM »

This is just a wild and crazy guess... but I'm thinking it was created in 1967, sometime before August. Possibly.

I figured about that much  Roll Eyes
willy
Smiley Smile Associate

Hooga hagga hooga!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »

Illustrated by someone called Green, if you look lower right.

But on which release/in which territory was it used? Come to think of it... *was* it used?

I bumped my head, the sky turned red, the aardvark said "Banana!"
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »

Yes.  It was used in the good ol' U.S. of A. 

Here's another Heroes & Villains sleeve too from the U.S. that's rarer than that one:

http://www.popsike.com/The-Beach-Boys-RARE-Picture-Sleeve-HEROES-AND-VILLAINS-/280737976676.html

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:41 PM »

Not used in the US though.  It was to be the sleeve for the 2sided single in February, but after the delays the new sleeve was prepared and the old sleeves used for the european release in Sweden.  I'd love to see the internal memos on all this - why not use the original sleeves in the Us?  Who actally thought the cartoon sleeve was better?  Brian?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 10:17:00 PM »

Not used in the US though. It was to be the sleeve for the 2sided single in February, but after the delays the new sleeve was prepared and the old sleeves used for the european release in Sweden.

In addition to a few other countries.  I believe mine came out of Canada.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 04:19:39 AM »

Not used in the US though. It was to be the sleeve for the 2sided single in February, but after the delays the new sleeve was prepared and the old sleeves used for the european release in Sweden.

In addition to a few other countries.  I believe mine came out of Canada.

If yours is Canadian, then the 5826 is blacked out and 1001 added. Alot of them don't have that

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mark H.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 04:58:23 AM »

I'm sure the cartoon sleeve was created as a result of the "Brother Records" deal - that made the Capitol sleeves obsolete in the USA.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx