gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
634750 Posts in 25407 Topics by 3613 Members - Latest Member: Sunflower gal July 21, 2018, 11:45:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Stephen Desper Thread  (Read 339114 times)
DRM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: April 22, 2018, 05:51:47 PM »

I hope you're doing okay, Mr. Desper.
COMMENT to DRM:  Thanks for asking if I'm OK . . . actually I've had pneumonia, which laid me up for over a month. Taking advantage of the bed-ridden situation, and with the help of my trusty IBM Thinkpad, I was able to tie up all the loose ends and finish the second part of the book. It is now being rendered in the Vimeo software we use for the Study-Videos. Then a final check. So, depending on everyone's schedule, your wait  should not be much longer . . . and will be rewarded with around 175 pages of some interesting stuff.  My health has returned to normal enabling me to now add commentary to a Beach Boy special in the works. Sorry, can't give you more information at this time, but it will be big. ~swd
Great news.  I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and doing okay. It's coming up on Beach Boys season and there are many of us who haven't forgotten your major role in creating some of the Beach Boys' finest work.  Not to mention your ability to communicate extensive knowledge in an artful and human manner. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 05:56:56 PM by DRM » Logged
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: May 25, 2018, 04:44:32 AM »

My health has returned to normal enabling me to now add commentary to a Beach Boy special in the works. Sorry, can't give you more information at this time, but it will be big.[/size] ~swd

I am glad you're feeling better. A Beach Boys special in the works that will be big? Can't wait!!! Thanks again for all you do.
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

Maintain Dynamics - Keep Peaks below 100%

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1902 on: May 29, 2018, 07:43:01 AM »

My health has returned to normal enabling me to now add commentary to a Beach Boy special in the works. Sorry, can't give you more information at this time, but it will be big.[/size] ~swd

I am glad you're feeling better. A Beach Boys special in the works that will be big? Can't wait!!! Thanks again for all you do.

COMMENT to Rick 5150:  "It will be big"  -- I was referring to the XM Channel 4 project, which at the time was in the works, but yet to be announced.
And if you have listened, you can imagine how much work Sirius has put and continues to put into filling this channel with entertaining and varied Beach Boy music non-stop, all summer long.  I'll tell you this much, it is certainly gratifying to turn to a radio station and hear songs you have engineered, but haven't heard for years.
  ~swd
DisneySpirit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: May 30, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »

I am listening to Sirius XM Beach Boys Channel right now! I love the variety of the songs they are playing! Thanks for making sure all their music is represented and not just the hits.  So now that this big project is underway,  is there any progress with the Vimeo rendering for part 2 of your online studies book?
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1904 on: May 30, 2018, 08:17:32 PM »

I am listening to Sirius XM Beach Boys Channel right now! I love the variety of the songs they are playing! Thanks for making sure all their music is represented and not just the hits.  So now that this big project is underway,  is there any progress with the Vimeo rendering for part 2 of your online studies book?

COMMENT to DisneySpirit: I am also listening to the XM Channel, but other folks have put together the play list -- which is a good mix of popular and rare, IMHO, and the editing of all the interview comments. As to part two, it is finished. It is now being rendered to Vimeo using our format for the study-videos. Professor Conner does this as his time permits. Then a re-check. Anticipated finish date is late July, pending no major problems. ~swd
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 08:18:32 PM by Stephen W. Desper » Logged
terrei
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: June 24, 2018, 09:23:01 PM »

I read in the Gaines book that the Bellagio studio was upgraded substantially circa 1968, and that the job took only a day. When was that exactly? Before or after the Friends album? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 09:45:29 PM by terrei » Logged
Stephen W. Desper
Honored Guest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1906 on: June 28, 2018, 05:52:17 PM »

I read in the Gaines book that the Bellagio studio was upgraded substantially circa 1968, and that the job took only a day. When was that exactly? Before or after the Friends album? Thanks

COMMENT to terrei:  Your question is answered in part one of my book. Please read the book at the link below. All related questions about the Bellagio studio will soon be thoroughly answered in the forthcoming release of part two, Recording The Beach Boys.     ~swd

http://swdstudyvideos.com
DRM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: June 30, 2018, 08:50:01 AM »

COMMENT to terrei:  Your question is answered in part one of my book. Please read the book at the link below. All related questions about the Bellagio studio will soon be thoroughly answered in the forthcoming release of part two, Recording The Beach Boys.     ~swd

http://swdstudyvideos.com
  Great news.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx