gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
639717 Posts in 25565 Topics by 3634 Members - Latest Member: godette502 November 18, 2018, 07:01:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Stephen Desper Thread  (Read 358412 times)
DRM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: October 21, 2018, 02:05:54 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SruCNOALxTA
DRM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: October 21, 2018, 02:12:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYufmMkiA4
DRM
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: October 21, 2018, 02:27:50 PM »

I fully support Stephen Desper. 

We all need to step away sometimes. 

For ourselves.  And for others...

Thank you for everything, Mr. Desper.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: October 21, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »

There still seems to be a significant misunderstanding as to why the videos were taken down.

Did Mr. Desper appreciate being challenged on his thoughts about the vocals? No, probably not. But that's not the reason why he took the videos down.

He took the videos down because he was worried he would not be given permission to use the music anymore because of the controversy that he thought the videos were creating. It was not taken down simply because he was being challenged. Both sides in this argument seem to be missing that crucial point.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
The Dr. of Wilsonomics
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1929 on: October 21, 2018, 11:01:57 PM »

There still seems to be a significant misunderstanding as to why the videos were taken down.

Did Mr. Desper appreciate being challenged on his thoughts about the vocals? No, probably not. But that's not the reason why he took the videos down.

He took the videos down because he was worried he would not be given permission to use the music anymore because of the controversy that he thought the videos were creating. It was not taken down simply because he was being challenged. Both sides in this argument seem to be missing that crucial point.

You know what? After re reading you’re right. I admit to my misunderstanding

RIP Alexa Lestage (8 May 1995- 10 June 2018) .

https://www.gofundme.com/help-support-the-jurkowlaniecs

Lady:”Sir why you are drowning my son!!! “
Guy:“Maa’m, the ad clearly reads...SEA horse rides for a dollar “
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: October 21, 2018, 11:30:45 PM »

Yeah, me too.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: October 22, 2018, 10:18:42 AM »

While I think that Stephen may be overreacting in terms of the actual level of controversy that this matter is creating at the various locations where such things are discussed, he's perfectly within his rights and prerogatives to take these actions. No one wants to see his privileges curtailed in any way, shape or form--not one iota. I think everyone who weighed in on the matter would be horrified and saddened at such a result. So what might seem like a higher level of risk-aversion than necessary is perfectly understandable under the circumstances.

As noted, I hope this will blow over sooner than later--and most importantly, that someone with deep pockets will see fit to subsidize Stephen's ongoing effort to provide a definitive look at the Beach Boys' group efforts in 1967-71 that centered around that amazing home studio at Brian's house. The diagrams that Stephen provided and the accompanying descriptions of the creative process, along with his capsule characterizations of the creative psyches of the band, are priceless and deserve to be a prominent part of the Beach Boy historical literature. Let's all do what we "can and oughta" to make that happen.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 [78] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx