gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:38:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Camp California  (Read 1686 times)
michael
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »

I just trade this two tapes to a new friend This is all the ino Camp California cartoon sieries and the Campfire tapes?
This  was a summer replacement variety show that aired in syndication in '89. The BB had just scored big with Kokomo so their profile was once again, fairly high. It featured then-recent BB concert performances, BB performances on the Universal Soundstage, musical and comedy guests (a then relatively unknown Ellen Degeneres was one such guest). But the highlight of each episode was the "campfire singalongs". The BB, most of their families, their sidemen, and others gathered around a capfire with acoustic guitars playing and singing a la the BB Party album. Pretty sweet stuff! This show was a brainchild of one of the Full House producers who had the good sense to hire Steve Binder to direct the thing. Binder was the guy who directed Elvis' 68 Comeback Special. Now that I think about it, the Campfire jams was probably Binder telling the BB, "I did this sitdown set for the Elvis special----I think it might make for interesting viewing". Alan Boyd included a short clip from this show in ENDLESS SUMMER.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camp-California-Where-The-Music-Never-Ends-Camp-C_W0QQitemZ4842235429QQcategoryZ307QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Any further input would be appreciated.
 Aloha,
            Michael
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 07:35:12 PM by michael » Logged
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 08:23:30 PM »

They did have a variety show.. no idea about the cartoon.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx