gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 11:22:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marylin Rovell  (Read 21836 times)
Sir Rob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2006, 03:11:26 AM »

Whoa...treading dangerous ground here... Undecided

Ah, come on!  All old ladies in LA (the wealthy ones anyway) look like Jackie Stallone, don't they?!  LOL

In history, we painted pictures grim.  The devil knows we might feel that way again.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2006, 03:16:34 AM »

Jedi Duel
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 03:18:07 AM by Heywood Floyd » Logged

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2006, 10:06:35 AM »

<<Dude, remember, you don't know me. You don't know what I'd do.>>

Well, I don't want to see the thread get deleted, so I'll refrain from responding.

But BOY, is it tempting...

Glenn
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2006, 01:27:55 PM »

Grin

cta
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2006, 03:21:16 PM »

I wouldn't kick her outta bed. 

That whole Melinda/Marilyn thing...yeah, I could possibly see that.   Being surrounded by musicians, who are usually eccentric in their own ways, I'm sure it gets a little weird.  Besides...she was pretty young when Brian married her.   It's not like she ever had that "early 20's" chance to sow her oats and to find out how things could be.  Just imagine...you're a 16 year old chick being thrown into a top recording artist's world with all this money.   Bet her ego being that young could probably topple bridges.   16 year olds seem to know everything - or so they think, so her frame of mind isn't, I wouldn't say "damaged" but more of a loopy alternate reality than we'd ever know.  Let's not forget...Melinda seems a little spacey at times...so as you can imagine, two spacey women affiliated with a rich once-top-form rock star...the claws may come out from time to time. 

Jeez, can you imagine if Brian wasn't "Brian" and hooking up with a 16 year old?   Try that being your average Joe.  Cops would be busting down your doors in two seconds.   I wouldn't thought.  Couldn't stand teenagers when I was a teenager...but that's another story...and I'm getting already quite off topic anyway.

Feh.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2006, 08:21:59 PM »

Let me also add...two women who have been very protective of Brian.

I often wonder what Marilyn thinks of Brian *now* though...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2006, 11:44:30 AM »

I stood next to Melinda during the Saturday night Roxy show- she was sitting at a little table-  and I thought about just telling her "thanks for taking care of the big guy for us", but decided to thank her by leaving her alone with her friends.  I feel the same way about Marilyn-  they were the guardians of a fragile human being who happens to be an international treasure.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Cabana Boy
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »

could we turn this into a Marylin Rovell pic thread?

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2006, 12:41:09 PM »

yeah! Yeah! more! more!  Grin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2006, 02:11:08 PM »

Shocked

Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2006, 02:49:43 PM »

We get it.  You don't like her.  So noted.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2006, 03:12:01 PM »

Marilyn was hot as heck as a late teenager. Anyone remember that home movie that I guess Brian took of her popping in and out of the house in the striped shirt? Cute as anything she is.  Afro

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »

i agree...the home video of her winking at the camera when Caroline No was played on the A&E bio

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2006, 01:55:24 AM »

could we turn this into a Marylin Rovell pic thread?

That's probably the best pic I've ever seen of her; she actually looks good in that one.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Cabana Boy
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2006, 06:33:57 AM »

Cabana Boy
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2006, 06:43:45 AM »

it looks like shes still trying to ride the beach boys wave
How's that? And if you have a reply, try not to filter it through some crappy emoticon. Cheers.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2006, 12:09:54 PM »

nice pics! whered you get them? she's looking good...

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Cabana Boy
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »

nice pics! whered you get them? she's looking good...

Just scans from the 'Honeys Collection' booklet. They're only diddy on the page, hence the pixely look. I thought the last of the 3 was a nice pic. Taken at the session that yielded The Honeys last Capitol 45.

Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2006, 01:00:01 PM »

That's a neat picture.  Sums up everything that is right about recording in the 60s.  What studio is that?
Cabana Boy
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »

Yeah, it's a lovely shot.
They used 2 studios for that single. I'm guessing vocals were done at the latter date, so it's probably Wally Heider Studios.
Bill Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2006, 03:26:09 PM »

Marilyn has always spoken affectionately and  honestly about Brian. It was hard for her to leave him, but she had to think of Carnie and Wendy and perhaps she felt that she couldn't help him anymore.

I wonder if anyone has read the book 'Rock Wives' which came out in the 80's?  I understand Marilyn wrote about her life with Brian for this.

I think she is still an attractive woman and an important part of the Beach Boy's history; after all she was the inspiration for many of Brian's best songs.

:D

I guess I've got a way with girls
Noble Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Noble Surfer, he's the #1 man!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2006, 07:28:26 PM »

She was also in the bg vocals for VegaTables and Time To Get Alone. Don't forget that crazy Honey's Row Row Row Your Boat.

SURF'S UP!!!
NOBLE SURFER

"I'm not a genius, I'm just a hardworking guy"-Brian Wilson
"Let the love I have for you, live in your heart...forever"-Dennis Wilson "Forever"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx