gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680813 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:45:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marylin Rovell  (Read 21865 times)
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2006, 01:37:03 PM »

What is your point?

There is nothing anti-semitic about mentioning someone is Jewish. It's okay for people to be different Greenberg. Boy, do people love to be "offended."

I guess you can't help acting like a tool.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 11:55:18 PM by Heywood Floyd » Logged

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2006, 01:44:06 PM »

Sorry we were over-sensitive, Heywood.

Wow, I've never been accused of not having a sense of humor...

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2006, 01:45:40 PM »

well, um...since the real Marylin isnt good enough for some, what does everyone think of the actress who played Marylin in An American Family? I believe she's pretty hot herself....

remembering.....

Marylin: "Brian, the baby is on it's way, I'm goin to the hospital."
Brian: (playing Shortenin Bread riff over & over) "Ok, bye."     LOL

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2006, 01:49:24 PM »

Marylin: "Brian, the baby is on it's way, I'm goin to the hospital."
Brian: (playing Shortenin Bread riff over & over) "Ok, bye."

Is that really in the film?

Wow, I've never been accused of not having a sense of humor...

Animators generally are a humorless bunch, man.
Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2006, 01:55:59 PM »

"Heywood"--

At least I'm not afraid to use my real name.

And why do I get the feeling you wouldn't dare talk to me like that if you were standing in front of me?

Glenn
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »

Can we all let this go?  I don't like deleting threads, but I will if the personal stuff keeps going.  Let's just leave it at discussions about Marilyn's personality or contributions to the Beach Boys World, and maybe leave our subjective analyses of her looks out of it?
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2006, 02:05:59 PM »

Words of wisdom.

Still my choice for the lead in "The Marilyn Wilson Story":

Ms. Illeana Douglas

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2006, 02:07:58 PM »

yeah, that really happend in the movie...i love it! though it's a poor portrail; i believe brian would have been right at her side. but mean, look at all the flaws in that film...brian w/ a beard in late 69, brian playin the With me Tonite riff before Pet Sounds comes out, the Help Me Rhonda affair with Murrry happening at the Pet Sounds sessions...on that point, did Murry show up to any PS sessions? or at least give his view on the album. the only thing i heard was that he advised Brian to speed up his voice on Caroline No to make him sound younger...which was also said in the movie, but during the Be True to Your School vocal sessions; weren't they young enough? it was their 3rd album for crying out loud. Also, on tape speeds, are there any slowed down or faster than the original take? I know the version of With a little help from my friends is slow, and it sounds very smiley to me...

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2006, 02:08:28 PM »

Ow yeah! good call Joe!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2006, 02:26:21 PM »

Can we all let this go?  I don't like deleting threads, but I will if the personal stuff keeps going.  Let's just leave it at discussions about Marilyn's personality or contributions to the Beach Boys World, and maybe leave our subjective analyses of her looks out of it?
Seconded.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2006, 03:12:38 PM »

I dunno, I think once a woman has achieved the status of wife and mother of a man's children, she should be off-limits.  Just MO.  It's in bad taste.  She's also the grandmother of Brian's grandchildren.  Would you like people talking that way about your mom, or your grandmother, or wife, or girlfriend?  Look around.  Most human beings do not look like models or actors/actresses, yet they somehow manage to get together, and even get married and have kids. 
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2006, 03:52:02 PM »

Marilyn is truly one of the most charming and warm people I've ever met- Diane, too.  If there's one person in this whole story who's definitely not asking for it, it's her.

The funny thing about the Illeana Douglas resemblance is that she actually did play Brian's wife- sort of- in "Grace Of My Heart".  She played a Carole King type character who marries a Brian Wilson-meets-Norman Maine (Matt Dillon).

When we got home from the theatre, I showed my girlfriend the cover of the Honeys CD and she was just blown away.

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »

"Heywood"--

At least I'm not afraid to use my real name.

And why do I get the feeling you wouldn't dare talk to me like that if you were standing in front of me?

Dude, remember, you don't know me. You don't know what I'd do.

Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »

Last reminder.  Take it to PMs or the thread goes.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »

I think you should get rid of this thread. I'm all for deleting it. No sarcasm at all.

Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2006, 04:34:12 PM »

I think Marilyn is an incredible person and deserves a thread, and Her role in the Beach Boys should be discussed.  that's why I've kept the thread going despite everything.
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2006, 05:26:13 PM »

I once heard Marilyn say that she had sung on pretty much every Beach Boys album (maybe after the first two or  three, I don't know).  Other than the duet on Love You, obviously, is there anyplace she's particularly apparent in the mix?

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »

"Busy Doin' Nothing" and "Funky Pretty" immediately spring to mind.  She's very prominent in those two, but I'm sure there are others.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »

Really?! Did not know that.

I know that's her on "Be True to Your School", and on a lot of songs off 15 Big Ones.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »

"Busy Doin' Nothing" and "Funky Pretty" immediately spring to mind.  She's very prominent in those two, but I'm sure there are others.

Thanks, I'll check those two out...

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2006, 05:56:54 PM »

I know she sang during the chorus of "Do You Wanna Dance" (although it's hard to pick her out with all that is going on).  As others have said, I'm sure she probably sang on other songs but was uncredited for her work.   
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »

I know that's her on a lot of songs off 15 Big Ones.

Marilyn is quite prominent on Side A of 15 Big Ones.

You can really hear her on "Rock And Roll Music", "It's OK", and at the very end of "Had To Phone Ya", she can be heard going "Hey, Brian". She is also very audible on "That Same Song".

I was mildly surprised to hear Brian using a female voice on the background vocal mix on 15 Big Ones. He didn't do that OFTEN did he? Bruce helped out on the "high part" in the late 70's, Matt Jardine was used on Stars And Stripes, and, of course, Jeff Foskett has been used most recently.
carlydenise2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2006, 06:40:39 PM »

and on Feel Flows, she is very prominent there
MBE
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2006, 08:59:18 PM »

This Whole World and Beaks of Eagles she is prominent. She told me Trader is her proudest moment with them though.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2006, 10:45:40 PM »

I can't believe she's on 'Funky Pretty' I've been diggin that track so hard since I came to Spain. I wanted to even start an appreciation thread for it. I remember the last few listens Ive been wanting to ask if there were some of the guys kids in that song because I could hear some really high voices in there (in pitch not drugged) but I guess its her.

I cant believe she's in Trader too...how awesome.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx