gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680865 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 03:51:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A little Harry Nilsson remix/experiment.  (Read 1380 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »

For ages, I've been captivated by Randy Newman's song 'Snow', which I first heard as a bonus track on Nilsson Sings Newman and then the beautifully arranged version on Harper's Bizarre's album Anything Goes. But, Nilsson's version lacks that sweet arrangement, and the guy from Harper's Bizarre has a really weak, thin voice.... So I decided to stick Harry's vocal on the instrumental track to the HB one.

http://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/snow-harry-nilsson-orchestral

It's not great, done today in not much time, and without much high tech - OOPS'ing the track in Audacity, then chopping up the left channel of the Nilsson demo to fit as there was less of the (out of tune in relation to the track) piano in that channel. So some of the edits are a little rough, and his piano comes through on some of the snippets.

But, er, whaddya think?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »

I think the effort was well-worth it. It IS indeed a great song and I'm totally with you on Nilsson's vocal being far superior than the Harper's Bizarre guy. Thanks for sharing - quite an interesting experiment!  Smiley

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:16:02 AM »

Thanks! I'd like to go through it with a finer toothcomb soon, but I'd need to get with my frequency extraction to do it satisfactorily. The guy who runs For The Love of Harry, the greatest Nilsson blog/resource, kindly put up a link to it too despite it's shortcomings.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »

The guy who runs For The Love of Harry, the greatest Nilsson blog/resource, kindly put up a link to it too despite it's shortcomings.

That's a cool blog. That's were I discovered the short but incredible live piano version of This Could be the Night that Harry performed for the Monkees, hoping that they'd cut it.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx