gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681028 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 09:44:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: --- SMiLE A.D.: A Stereo Mix.  (Read 12327 times)
Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »

Thanks for your mix and the stereo previews! Just curious, which versions did you use for the stereo Wonderful? Did you extract all instruments and voices from the mono mix, or only the lead vocal and the instruments from the Wonderful sessions track on TSS? I ask that because the take of Wonderful included on TSS is actually a different take than the take used in the mono mix...Anyway, it sounds really good!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2011, 05:29:56 AM »

Would love to hear this but my downloader won't work with the filesonic link - is there any way you could post it to megaupload or rapidshare or mediafire or something?

Undecided

Mediafire link now posted. Enjoy! http://beachboyssmilead.blogspot.com/2011/11/smile-ad-stereo-mix.html

So far it sounds promising! Keep it up :D

Thanks! I think it's pretty cool. First verse took forever lol. I hope to get around to completing it one of these days.

Thanks for your mix and the stereo previews! Just curious, which versions did you use for the stereo Wonderful? Did you extract all instruments and voices from the mono mix, or only the lead vocal and the instruments from the Wonderful sessions track on TSS? I ask that because the take of Wonderful included on TSS is actually a different take than the take used in the mono mix...Anyway, it sounds really good!

No problem, thanks for listening!

It probably would be possible isolate the instrumental. With that said, I'm not sure if that's a project I wanna undertake. We're talkin double the amount of time of just isolating the vocal (and that takes a lot of time!). Plus the artifacts would be heavier on the overall mix. There would definitely be some extra phasing issues.

So, being that the alternate take of the Wonderful backing track is pretty similar to the master take, I chose to work with that. The only issue is that it's a bit faster than the master take, therefore some time-stretching is required on the vocal. I could have went with time-stretching the instrumental, but in my experience it's better to work with the vocal.

Speaking of, I wonder why we didn't get the master instrumental take on TSS. I could be nuts, but it sounds like the mix on Disk 1 has slightly worse quality than a lot of the other tracks. I wonder if they went with an older mix and blended the backing vocals in (which they clearly had the multitracks for).

Btw, at some point I'll make a "pack" of all the stuff I've isolated. Maybe for something like "Do You Like Worms", I'll bounce down the wav files individually so you can remix it in your audio program. That one is practically like playing with the original multitracks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:00:58 PM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
Paul2010
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 23, 2011, 05:53:14 AM »

No problem, thanks for listening!

It probably would be possible isolate the instrumental. With that said, I'm not sure if that's a project I wanna undertake. We're talkin double the amount of time of just isolating the vocal (and that takes a lot of time!). Plus the artifacts would be heavier on the overall mix. There would definitely be some extra phasing issues.

So, being that the alternate take of the Wonderful backing track is pretty similar to the master take, I chose to work with that. The only issue is that it's a bit faster than the master take, therefore some time-stretching is required on the vocal. I could have went with time-stretching the instrumental, but in my experience it's better to work with the vocal.

Speaking of, I wonder why we didn't get the master instrumental take on TSS. I could be nuts, but it sounds like the mix on Disk 1 has slightly worse quality than a lot of the other tracks. I wonder if they went with an older mix and blended the backing vocals in (which they clearly had the multitracks for).

Btw, at some point I'll make a "pack" of all the stuff I've isolated. Maybe for something like "Do You Like Worms", I'll bounce down the wav files individually so you can remix it in your audio program. That one is practically like playing with the original multitracks!

That DYLW multitrack project sounds great!

I don't know why we didn't get the master take, but I noticed and it's been mentioned before that that's the case for some more tracks, also Wind Chimes and The Elements: Fire (not all the takes that are used in the mono mix are included).
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »

Would love to hear this but my downloader won't work with the filesonic link - is there any way you could post it to megaupload or rapidshare or mediafire or something?

Undecided

Mediafire link now posted. Enjoy! http://icreateification.blogspot.com/2011/11/smile-ad-stereo-mix.html

Lovely, thanks.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:05 AM »

Undecided

Mediafire link now posted. Enjoy! http://icreateification.blogspot.com/2011/11/smile-ad-stereo-mix.html

Lovely, thanks.

No problem.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

So is this stereo Wonderful going to make its debut with SMiLE A.D. 2 or will you release it before then? I'm really eager to hear the completed studio mix! It's been a dream of mine for a long time to hear Wonderful this way, thanks for working to realize it  3D

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2011, 11:43:17 AM »

So is this stereo Wonderful going to make its debut with SMiLE A.D. 2 or will you release it before then? I'm really eager to hear the completed studio mix! It's been a dream of mine for a long time to hear Wonderful this way, thanks for working to realize it  3D

The full version of Wonderful will make its debut on SMiLE A.D. 2.0

In the meantime you can preview H&V from the 2.0 edition: http://beachboyssmilead.blogspot.com/2011/12/smile-ad-20-preview-heroes-villains-66.html

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:01:36 PM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 08:05:16 AM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx