gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 10:36:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 229701 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 01, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »

Could anybody give me advice on what might be the best place to get handicapped accessable tickts to the Benedum Hall? I have seen several different websites with several different prices. It doesn't help that I can't find pictures of what the seating arrangment for the Benedum Hall looks like.

seating.. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=benedum+center+seating+chart&qpvt=benedum+center+seating+chart&FORM=IGRE#x0y0
Thanks!!  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 01, 2012, 06:48:36 AM »

Beach Boys are the second biggest selling act on ticketmaster right now, behind Madonna

Impressive  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: March 01, 2012, 08:16:05 AM »

You're chance to win tickets for June 15th

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/42290/

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SG7
« Reply #578 on: March 01, 2012, 08:50:06 AM »

Incidentally, a fantastic documentary has been posted about the secondary ticket selling market:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWlnL8drSdw

Makes you wonder if the US is the same in that regard  Roll Eyes
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: March 01, 2012, 10:55:17 AM »

Well, I waffled back and forth on doing the VIP packages. But once I had someone special to go with, it actually made the choice easy, as I simply can’t do $600 to $1,000 for two VIP packages. So, I’m bummed there’s no soundcheck or swag, but I just bought two tickets for The Beach Boys at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA. It was still about $290 after all the charges for two tickets. Got a bit more off to the side than I’d like, but it’s still a reserved seat in an actual seat/chair (not reserved bleachers or general admission lawn). I can buy the swag I really want at the merchandise stand.

But I have to say, I have to count my blessings. I just bought tickets to see the freakin’ Brian Wilson, Al Jardine, Mike Love, Bruce Johnston, and David Marks as The Beach Boys! That’s still kind of mind-blowing.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 01, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »

Same deal here, Jude! Just got two tickets for the Greek on June 1. Got in on the pre-sale and at 10:02 AM PST, all the $125 tickets were already gone. So I selected "Best ticket" and it gave me reserved seats that are still in the ballpark. If it isn't sold out already, it definitely will be in a matter of hours.  

Gotta be cool now, power shift here we go..........      Grin

P.S. This is suppose to be a "pre-sale" and all the best seats were gone within minutes?  So on the regular sale coming up, does that mean there will be no more decent tickets to sell, if any? What good is the regular sale when all the best seats are already gone? They're gonna have to add another date! And the lower-end VIP's are gone already. Ha Ha Ha Ha!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 11:21:39 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 01, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »

I went to the Greek years ago to see Elvis Costello and the only thing I remember about it was that it was cold in summer, very uncomfortable to sit on the stone benches, the performers seemed like a million miles away, and it was not a pleasant experience.  I've avoided the place ever since.  How/where do you park (and how much does it cost and how hard/long is it to get in and out of the lot after the show), or do you just walk uphill for half an hour from the downtown Berkeley BART station?  I sort of would like to see them, but I wish they were at a different venue.  If gas weren't so expensive, I'd consider Tahoe. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »

Beach Boys are the second biggest selling act on ticketmaster right now, behind Madonna

It still sounds odd to me that they are selling so well.  I never would've thougt that and I hope there won't be any undesired surprises.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2012, 11:31:24 AM »

MCG1119, I'll probably look at Tahoe too, but trust me, I've been to that outdoor venue at Harrah's and it ain't much better with the wind and cold blowing off the lake and the direct sun with no shade at all. Froze my ass off in Tahoe last time, and when I saw Brian and Smile at the Greek in '05, it was just fine. The girlfriend didn't care much for the second-hand pot smoke (I'm use to it) but other than that, the Greek was great that night. Will probably bring cushions for our butts this time around for the concrete benches though.

This is The Beach Boys, not the Mike & Bruce band. I'll do what it takes to get in the house to see these guys; money, parking, weather, whatever inconvenience - dudn't matter to me on this one!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:15:13 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 01, 2012, 11:54:39 AM »

Thanks for the info, Mikie.   It was many years ago that I saw Elvis and it wasn't a very good show (his tours vary in quality), so that could color my perception of the venue.  I'm just not sure how much I want to see the reunion.  I'll wait for the reviews.  Most of the shows don't seem to be complete sell-outs and GA/lawn seats might still be available later on. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:46 PM »

I think the way most presales work is that they set aside a block of seats for each presale. So the “Another Planet” presale has a block of seats, the “Citibank” or whatever sale gets another block, etc. You also of course have the “VIP” packages pulling from some other source for seats that have already been set aside.

So it is technically possible to wait and get better seats on the actual regular “on sale” date. But it’s hard to know. It’s really all a crap shoot. The general “On Sale” date probably has a larger pool of seats to pull from, but you’re also competing with more buyers on that general sale as well. It probably balances out. I got something six rows back in the letter sections behind the pit, so they had some of those tickets available today.

I’m pretty happy overall all things considered. I kind of wanted a VIP package, but then I started breaking down what they offer and what I’d be paying. If I were already paying $300 for instance, if someone came up to me and said if I gave them $200 so I could meet the band and get a picture, there’s no way I’d say yes.
Would I pay an extra $175 right now to get into the soundcheck? That’s kind of stretching it too. I would have liked the merchandise and soundcheck more than actually meeting them. That doesn’t really interest me too much.

The Greek Theatre isn’t my ideal venue I suppose. I think the venue itself is fine, but I don’t like going that far north. It’s just me being lazy I guess, but something in the South Bay would have been better travel wise. I did see the Brian Wilson “Smile” show in 2005 at the Greek (I think he did the Davies Symphony Hall in 2004 in SF), and I was at the very back of the reserved folding chairs. That seemed like an okay seat. Looking at pics of the venue, it’s really weird. Some perspectives make all the reserved seating appear really close the stage. But other pics showing bands playing make it seem like the stage is quite a bit high off the ground, so even front row seats have to look up quite a bit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:37:45 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: March 01, 2012, 12:37:59 PM »

There are also some relatively big gaps in the tour schedule around the Berkeley show, so I’m wondering if those dates are set aside for time off or possible additional bookings. Something else in Vegas and/or California would seem relatively likely.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 01, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »

Hollywood Bowl is sold out, really wish I was going to that show

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 01, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »

Jude, I'm already hearing rumors through Bruce that Santa Barbara might be added, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if more Bay Area and/or Socal dates and Vegas are added.

Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 01, 2012, 01:31:13 PM »

Just bought my Saratoga tickets!

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
theentrtnr
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 01, 2012, 02:19:00 PM »

Hey!! I just got tickets for Camden, NJ today through the Citi Presale... I don't have a Citi card but I found out my dad had one... Sweet!! Anyway, the wife and I are taking our parents and this will be our son's first concert... well, unless you count The Wiggles, lol. Anyway, money is tight so we bought cheaper seats but it's a thrill jsut to know we're going to be there. I've seen Mike & Bruce, even met them backstage back in 2008, but it'll be my first time seeing Brian, Al & David, so I'm really excited about this show!!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 01, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »

August 31, 2012:  BB King Blues CLub, New York… with the Four Seasons?Huh

John , you had me going , its a tribute show to both bands

Bizarrely, this (non)gig is listed on the Beach Boys' official Facebook Page.   Roll Eyes

“We live in divisive times.”
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 01, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »

RE: July 14             
Eugene, OR                       
Cuthbert Amphitheater
On Sale: March 2 

Website says, "50th Anniversary Tour featuring The Beach Boys
Stay tuned for more information

Please note that due to a request from band management, the concert date and the on sale ticketing date have been removed temporarily while the entire tour is finalized.

Please keep checking back for updates.

Once confirmed, event details will be updated on this web site, on Facebook, and on newsletter announcements.".

Trouble in band land?

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 01, 2012, 06:21:32 PM »

Same deal here, Jude! Just got two tickets for the Greek on June 1. Got in on the pre-sale and at 10:02 AM PST, all the $125 tickets were already gone. So I selected "Best ticket" and it gave me reserved seats that are still in the ballpark. If it isn't sold out already, it definitely will be in a matter of hours.  

There's still plenty of $125 tickets. I'm so confused though. I want the pit seats (which I imagine are standing in front of the stage) but they aren't coming up at all.

It seems like $125 is for the reserved (lettered sections), $75/55 will get you the numbered outer sections and $45 will get you the grass up top. As of now, I'm still able to pull second row seats right up next to the stage for $125 and I imagine there will be plenty more available once the actual on-sale occurs this Sunday.

Personally, I want the damn pit in front of the stage or nothing. Otherwise, I will simply watch the show from a few places outside for free that my sister has informed me about. I know that's not an option for a lot of you (especially those driving long distances), but I live a twenty minute walk from the stadium, so I'd rather pay through the nose to be near the stage or not pay at all. The grass/rafters at Greek Theatre make everyone look like ants in my opinion.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:54 PM »

I'm sure the VIP ticket packages have most or all of those pit seats reserved.  That program really sucks, especially since they charge the same face value prices for inferior seats further out.  However, if people are willing to wait until the last minute, the VIP programs will often release unsold tickets back to Ticketmaster.  You can often get prime seats within a few rows of the stage a week before the show, if you keep checking.  It's almost like they penalize people who buy early.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:36:56 PM by mcg1119 » Logged
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 01, 2012, 10:41:18 PM »

I think you're right. Most of the pit seats going to VIPs is also what I'm thinking. And yes, it does seem like if they don't sell enough VIP packages that they'll release some of those seats back for sale or for contest winners, etc. Also, there could be some of the pit seats up for grabs. Ticketmaster often likes to be stingy about handing out the best seats during presales, so perhaps some will float out this weekend (can't be many though because the pit doesn't really seat a crazy amount).
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 02, 2012, 12:28:51 AM »

It still sounds odd to me that they are selling so well.  I never would've thougt that and I hope there won't be any undesired surprises.

There is a benevolent God.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 02, 2012, 02:48:17 AM »

It's incredible, The Beach Boys are just one of those bands everybody likes, so everybody is buying a ticket  Grin

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: March 02, 2012, 04:50:21 AM »

Japan dates:

Aug. 16 – Tokyo, Japan (QVC Marine Field, tix on sale April 28)
Aug. 17 – Osaka, Japan (Oskaka Prefectural Gymnasium, tix on sale April 28)
Aug. 19 – Nagoya, Japan (Gaishi Hall, tix on sale April 28)

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »

Japan dates:

Aug. 16 – Tokyo, Japan (QVC Marine Field, tix on sale April 28)
Aug. 17 – Osaka, Japan (Oskaka Prefectural Gymnasium, tix on sale April 28)
Aug. 19 – Nagoya, Japan (Gaishi Hall, tix on sale April 28)

Thanks, added

Gotta say kids, it's not looking good for the the UK at all

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx