gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681301 Posts in 27632 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 10:59:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 231629 times)
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2012, 03:48:14 AM »

It's so annoying that the European dates have not been officially (re)released but tickets are already selling..

Anyway, got my Italian tickets, now thinking about Sweden.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 10:59:28 PM by STE » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 20, 2012, 08:33:36 AM »

The first Chicago show sold out in minutes, second is nearly there

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: February 20, 2012, 11:50:00 AM »

Tickets secured for the concert in Denmark the 1st of August.  Grin Bring on summer!

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 20, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »

I'm hoping for a Hawaii concert following Japan to wrap the tour.

And some England dates - the Brits have been die hard supporters of the band
(even when the US wasn't 67-73) and it be a shame if there weren't any shows
there.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2012, 01:45:10 PM »

The Australian and NZ dollars are very high at the moment. Will make sense to come down-under and make some real coin next summer!

AGD has said it will  could be over mid- August but if all is well they should take a break then tour south including S America, Hawaii later in the year.

Better AGD? No offence meant.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 04:08:57 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2012, 01:55:19 PM »

The Australian and NZ dollars are very high at the moment. Will make sense to come down-under and make some real coin next summer!

AGD has said it will be over mid- August but if all is well they should take a break then tour south including S America, Hawaii later in the year.
And hopefully to the advantage of Aussie punters - big act good seat tickets are clocking in around $180 the moment

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »

AGD has said it will be over mid- August but if all is well they should take a break then tour south including S America, Hawaii later in the year.

Hello, and I don't think so. This is what I actually said (on the BBB MB):

"Looking at the announced dates... and factoring in the three semi-officially announced shows in Japan in August, I'm thinking the following:

1) there will be slightly more than 50 dates: 48 officially scheduled plus the Japan three is 51. Hopefully there'll be a UK (and antipodean) date to add to that 51.

2) the whole she-bang could be done, dusted and packed away by mid-August."

Please don't put words in my mouth that I never said: things tend to get ugly when that happens.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,11867.msg235924.html

I'd say, based purely on my unsupported assumptions and counting on my fingers, it'll be done by mid-August - oddly, the date the London Olympics close.

Didn't see the BBB post, but the above was posted on this site.

Will be/ could be/ it'll be....I'm not about to get in a discussion on the finer points of the English language but no offence was meant on my part.

I'll try again

AGD said on this site he thinks 'it'll  be done by mid- August', but I feel if all is well, they should take a break then tour south including S America, Hawaii later in the year.

Better AGD? As I said, No offence meant.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:24:09 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: February 20, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »

I think someone jumped the gun.

Does Al have any German in him? Wink

Ja, aber er ist Ganz Allein.

Immer, wenn ich auf die MIU Album der Beach Boys zu hören, brennt es wie Feuer, nachdem ich urinieren.

Huh

Ihr spinnt ja wohl alle!

Nein Micha –
das sind mystische Andeutungen. Die Kombination zwischen TM, Feuer, und Urin ist eine geheime Mitteilung. Sie will uns sagen dass während der zweiten Hälfte jedes Reunion-Konzertes das vollständige M.I.U. Album, und die komplette Summer In Paradise-platte gespielt werden wird.
Da läuft mir schon das Wasser im Munde… wunderbar!

M.I.U. während der Pinkelpausen !

Ach so, das wird auf den Toiletten gespielt! Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 21, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »

Gothenburg, 29 July. I've got tickets!!! Grin

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 21, 2012, 09:00:24 AM »

Both Beacon shows sold out in 10 minutes..

Man, they should be playing bigger venues but I guess this was the bands decision, just hope the real fans got some tickets

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 21, 2012, 09:39:11 AM »

Yeah this tour has been a feeding time for the scalpers.  For the Beacon shows, for example, the theatre sits nearly 3,000, and about 600 tickets went to scalpers for each show.  Including of course most of the front seats going for thousands of dollars.  So with the VIP Nation taking a portion of the front rows for their meet and greet packages and now the scalpers nabbing those seats too--it leaves very few for real fans to enjoy.  Sure few got lucky got some but there is no guarantee anymore that a fan can have an equal chance to get those front row seats than anyone else.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: February 21, 2012, 10:32:18 AM »

How do we know how many tickets went to scalpers ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: February 21, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »

Because Justin is a scalper ?  Grin

Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 21, 2012, 10:42:09 AM »

And he bought them JUSTIN TIME  LOL
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2012, 10:54:32 AM »

HA!  It's a good business...what can I say?  Anybody need 2 for the Beacon? Anybody?  Get your Beach Boys here...get your Beach Boys here!  Cheesy

Regarding the number of tix that scalpers grabbed, I got it off stubhub.  You can see for each venue how many tickets they have for re-sale. 

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=beach+boys&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50&searchMode=event&start=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

Beacon Theatre - 600 tickets
Chicago Theatre - nearly 1000 tickets for each show!! (WTF??)
Hollywood Bowl - 2500 tickets! 

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:56:37 AM by Justin » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2012, 10:57:47 AM »

Man, they should be playing bigger venues but I guess this was the bands decision, just hope the real fans got some tickets

Yep true , maybe the Radio City Music Hall down the road which holds around 6,000 would have been a better choice , however there are a number of shows in the not too distant area 
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »

And he bought them JUSTIN TIME  LOL

JUSTIN CREDIBLE!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:59:55 AM by Justin » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »

Because Justin is a scalper ?  Grin

HA!  It's a good business...what can I say?  Anybody need 2 for the Beacon? Anybody?  Get your Beach Boys here...get your Beach Boys here!  Cheesy

Regarding the number of tix that scalpers grabbed, I got it off stubhub.  You can see for each venue how many tickets they have for re-sale.  

http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?searchStr=beach+boys&pageNumber=1&resultsPerPage=50&searchMode=event&start=0&rows=50&geo_exp=1

Beacon Theatre - 600 tickets
Chicago Theatre - nearly 1000 tickets for each show!! (WTF??)
Hollywood Bowl - 2500 tickets!  

Seriously what bastards  Angry
How are they allowed to do this with the restriction of number of tickets per transaction ?

Its like organised crime ( I know its not criminal , but it is a crime to real fans )
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:03:42 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2012, 11:03:15 AM »

I think someone jumped the gun.

Does Al have any German in him? Wink

Ja, aber er ist Ganz Allein.

Immer, wenn ich auf die MIU Album der Beach Boys zu hören, brennt es wie Feuer, nachdem ich urinieren.

Huh

Ihr spinnt ja wohl alle!

Nein Micha –
das sind mystische Andeutungen. Die Kombination zwischen TM, Feuer, und Urin ist eine geheime Mitteilung. Sie will uns sagen dass während der zweiten Hälfte jedes Reunion-Konzertes das vollständige M.I.U. Album, und die komplette Summer In Paradise-platte gespielt werden wird.
Da läuft mir schon das Wasser im Munde… wunderbar!

M.I.U. während der Pinkelpausen !
Ach so, das wird auf den Toiletten gespielt! Grin

Ausgezeichnet!

"Du gleichst dem Geist, den du begreifst, Nicht mir!"

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 21, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »

I honestly wish I knew Rob.  They must have a network of people working for them to increase their chances to get the seats.  I doubt it's just a 2 or 3 man operation but rather a whole team to try to counteract the true fans trying to get the same tickets. 

Many acts now are trying to combat this epidemic by issuing paperless tickets...no tickets issued, simply show ID and receipt of payment and you're in.  I recall AC/DC doing this when they were last on tour.  Went to see Ryan Adams last year and a portion of his tickets went to scalpers and his management actually fought back and TOOK BACK those tickets from scalpers.  Bob Dylan I recall once did a show where it was just cash upfront at the door...no tickets.  You got in line, paid and in you went.  But it was a small club show so it was easier to do that.

Still though, I wish the Beach Boys would have taken some precautions for this.  With this obviously being a huge tour, they should have had the forsight to make it a little harder for scalpers to get to the tix. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #421 on: February 21, 2012, 12:37:28 PM »

Opening act for the 6/13 Cleveland show is Foster The People. It's a one off, apparently.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 21, 2012, 12:43:33 PM »

They're playing a mixture. Some theaters, a lot of amphiteater-style venues.

Nothing they're playing is much bigger than venues either Brian or the Mike-Bruce band have played on their own. I honestly don't know if they expected such demand.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: February 21, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

June 8         
The Woodlands, TX                           
Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
On Sale: February 24 

I hope a miracle happens and I have enough money to buy tickets. I want to go see this show SO bad...I missed out on one of Carl's last shows in 1997, and there's no way I'd want to miss this.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 21, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »

Opening act for the 6/13 Cleveland show is Foster The People. It's a one off, apparently.]

Good for them.  During that after-performance interview at the Grammys I recall Al looking up at Mike saying that wouldn't be a bad idea if they opened for them.  It will be interesting to see the full roster of acts opening for them.  I wish they had gotten Blondie and Ricky to open...that'd be nice.  But alas...
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx