gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 12:08:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 229945 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 24, 2012, 12:59:22 PM »

Ooh that sounds fun. Ever been to that particular venue before? This will be a first.

The Sands event center? It's gonna be brand new! (Opens week before concert).
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #476 on: February 24, 2012, 02:31:08 PM »

The Sands is a sellout - all 2250 tickets went in 2 hours.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 24, 2012, 02:44:35 PM »

Well I got my 2 tickets to the Grand Prairie show...up close and center!  Couldn't be happier.  Looks like there are still a lot of tickets left, too....

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 24, 2012, 02:47:42 PM »

Anyone know when the tickets bought as VIP tell us where our seats are?
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 24, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »

Anyone know when the tickets bought as VIP tell us where our seats are?

I don't think you find out until you pick up the tickets at the show.

SG7
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »

Ooh that sounds fun. Ever been to that particular venue before? This will be a first.

The Sands event center? It's gonna be brand new! (Opens week before concert).

Oh wow!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 24, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »

I was perusing some of the dates on sale and they all seem to be selling well..

I think The Hollywood Bowl will sell out in minutes, expect a second date there

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 24, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »

Have two tickets now ... VIP one for the Bangor, Maine, show (perhaps the cheapest available for that package -- only $300) and an extremely cheap seat in Boston for the next week.

Cool. Very cool.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 06:04:55 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 24, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »

Got 'em! Grin Section 202 at Grand Prairie. Not too shabby...I'm so pumped!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:33 PM »

I just fundticket prices for the Benedum hall Pittsburgh show. The cheapest tickets listed are $115.00. Per person. Ouch.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
bridencar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 25, 2012, 05:28:50 AM »

I just fundticket prices for the Benedum hall Pittsburgh show. The cheapest tickets listed are $115.00. Per person. Ouch.
Yesterdays paper had them going for $80.25 plus all the crazy taxes they add on.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: February 25, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »

The Sands is a sellout - all 2250 tickets went in 2 hours.

http://blogs.mcall.com/lehighvalleymusic/2012/02/did-blink-182-or-beach-boys-draw-bigger-line-for-tickets-at-sands-event-center.html

Sands Event Center has second sellout. Is it blink 182 or Beach Boys?

Categories: Music, Music News
Posted by John J. Moser at 02:55:23 PM on February 24, 2012

Beach Boys ticketsWhen tickets went on sale this morning for shows by pop-punkers blink 182 and The Beach Boys 50th anniversary reunion tour at the coming Sands Bethlehem Event Center, a line of 75 people stood outside the door to the center’s box office in the Shoppes at the Sands Mall.

Tom Mainhart was first in line Friday to buy tickets for new Sands Event Center shows.

But the surprise was for whom most of them were waiting.  And how quickly the show sold out

About 70 of the 75 people were in line to buy $69.50 to $150 tickets to the May 17 show by The Beach Boys, a band whose five members have an average age of 68, and whose last charting single was 24 years ago.

All the show's 2,250 tickets sold out in two hours, said Jerry Deifer, one of the center's owners.

The give the center the second sellout out of the six shows it has put on sale. Most tickets for country star Alan Jackson's May 19 show sold out in a half hour.

“We've gotten a great response," Deifer said. He said there were good reports of the box office's customer service, and that sales went smoother since buyers experienced slight delays when tickets for the first shows went on sale Feb17. "We’re just fine-tuning the machine here," Deifer said.

People who lined up even though tickets were sold online hope the Sands had held back some better tickets for on-site sales or would start selling them slightly before the 10 a.m. online time. Deifer said that indeed was the case.

Certainly one important reason there were so few blink 182 buyers in line for its $59.50 tickets to its May 20 concert was because the show is general admission standing – no assigned seats – for 3,500 people -- meaning the time the tickets are bought doesn’t determine the place from where you’ll watch.

But clearly the fact that this tour marks The Beach Boys’ 50th anniversary and reunites singer/songwriter Brian Wilson with the band for the first time in 27 years and Al Jardine for the first time in 13 years has generated fan interest.

Deifer said while standing outside the box office that more than 800 tickets were bought in an online pre-sale Thursday.

“This is the hot show,” he said.

That was the sentiment of Tom Mainart, 59, of Jeffersonville, Montgomery County. Mainart, wearing a Beach Boys T-shirt and lei, started waiting at the box office door at 10:30 p.m. Thursday – 11 1/2 hours before it opened – to get the best seats he could for himself and his wife.

He got front row, but off the center he had hoped for. He was told the band had reserved first-row center seats.

“I’m a huge Beach Boys fan from way back – 1964,” he said. He said he’s seen them more than 20 times — as well as solo shows by Brian Wilson and Carl Wilson — and also will see them on this tour in Camden, Atlantic City and Holmdel, N.J. He said he’s waited even longer to get tickets to other shows.

“It’s the music,” he said when asked the reason for his love of the group. “It’s great music.”

He said his favorite song is “God Only Knows” – a sentiment shared by Ellen Cooper of Longswamp Township, who was fourth in line and waited 2 1/2 hours. The difference is that Cooper said she’s a recent convert to the band’s music.

“The Beach Boys were not hip in my circle,” she said of a life of not paying attention to their music. But she said she was struck two years ago by the use of “God Only Knows” as the theme song to the HBO television series “Big Love,” researched The Beach Boys and “I’ve been totally immersed in Brian Wilson’s music since.”

She says it not only prompted her to stand in line for tickets to see Wilson at New York City’s Highland Ballroom in June, but to buy a piano to play his songs. “It reawakened my interest in music,” she said.

There were, indeed, a few blink 182 ticket buyers in line. Deifer said that show also is moving toward a sellout, but tickets still are available.

Kelly Brown, 20, of Bethlehem said she chose to go to the box office to avoid the $14.50-per-ticket surcharges added online to each of the 14 tickets she was buying for family and friends. The wait in line saved her $212.

“I’ve liked them from the beginning,” Brown said of the band. But she said she’s never seen them live.

Becky Rasmuson, 17, and Bobby Storer, 18, both of Bethlehem, said they simply hoped to avoid online hassles. Both got tickets and said they’re excited: It will be Storer’s third blink 182 show and Rasmuson’s first.

Deifer said online sales hiccups and surcharge savings are good reasons to wait in line, but he said he suspects avid concert goers also enjoy the experience of waiting in line for their tickets.

“They get the person-to-person interaction,” he said. “They get a better understanding of the venue they’re going into. And they spend time with people who like the same act as they do.”

The sales mean all of the event center’s six announced shows are available. Other shows are Incubus on May 19, which will open the center; Flogging Molly on May 24 and Paul Anka on May 27.

Deifer said more shows will be announced soon.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 25, 2012, 08:08:41 AM »

I keep reading such excited posts on here, twitter, tumblr of people buying tickets, I'm getting really jealous..

They really need to announce UK/Ireland dates, or at least say they won't be so I can travel

lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 25, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »

Just got a pair of tickets for the Raleigh, NC show this morning. It will be my first Beach Boys show and I'm thrilled.
Crow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 25, 2012, 08:58:12 AM »

Just got my tickets for Wisconsin, totally excited! I haveseen the beach boys four times - back when Carl was alive and Al was still in the band and I saw brian in londonfor smile. But to see them together..... Awesome!!
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 25, 2012, 09:52:17 AM »

Got tickets for WI. Anyone know how amphitheaters are? I got back reserved seating (yellow section, second seating section) - Is that going to be unpleasant at all? How is the sound in those places?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: February 25, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »

Got tickets for WI. Anyone know how amphitheaters are? I got back reserved seating (yellow section, second seating section) - Is that going to be unpleasant at all? How is the sound in those places?

Depends - do you have a morbid fear of amphitheatres ?  Smiley

NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 25, 2012, 10:10:15 AM »

I've never been to one lol
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: February 25, 2012, 10:17:13 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEa1X25nIBg

Promo clip for June 19th

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #494 on: February 25, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »

[brain fart]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:39:34 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Rich Panteluk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 25, 2012, 11:18:36 AM »

I hope this is OK to post here...
I have 3 extra Hollywood Bowl tickets for Sat June 2, 2012 available for face value (no scalping from this guy) that I won't be able to use.  They are much better than the seats that are currently left and available for sale.  They are in section K2.  I paid approx $90 for each ticket after ticketbastard fees.  These are actual hard copy tickets purchased from ticketmaster not paper or e-tickets.  Not looking to make any money, just to recoup my initial investment and find these decent tickets a nice home.  Shoot me an e-mail if interested.  I'd even consider trading if you have some neat-o rare BB / BW stuff!

Thanks!
richp20@hotmail.com 
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 25, 2012, 11:33:56 AM »

Just posted by Bruce on the BBB board:

"Here is what is going on in our BB 50th touring world:
Our Beach Boys 50th starts in April and ends August 19 in Japan. There will not be any concerts with all of us together after 8/19 I am told. At the moment we are struggling with finding a large enough venue in England for a concert but the Queens Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Summer Olympics seem to be center stage 'over there' when we are available to tour. I'm hoping for at least Birmingham to work for us."

Why not just do the o2?

Maybe do one or two nights, I checked and it's free through July and August

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #497 on: February 25, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »

For those of us living on a fixed income, VIP packages are utterly out of the question.

Man, ANY tickets are out of the question for me. I REALLY want to go to the Woodlands show, but probably won't be able to afford the tickets.

Question...where do you guys go to get tickets? I haven't been to any concert in 8 years (and that was Brian), and before that only one show in 1993, so I'm kinda clueless lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 25, 2012, 11:39:36 AM »

Just posted by Bruce on the BBB board:

"Here is what is going on in our BB 50th touring world:
Our Beach Boys 50th starts in April and ends August 19 in Japan. There will not be any concerts with all of us together after 8/19 I am told. At the moment we are struggling with finding a large enough venue in England for a concert but the Queens Diamond Jubilee and the 2012 Summer Olympics seem to be center stage 'over there' when we are available to tour. I'm hoping for at least Birmingham to work for us."

A really interesting post, and proof that us Brits aren't being overlooked. Surely there are a number of medium sized venues around the UK that would be available? I wonder if any football stadiums, or sports grounds would be the right kind of thing. As long as it's not too far away, I would be willing to travel so I just hope they manage to get a date soon! Then the question of money and ticket packages will be the thing I am stressing about!!!! But that's a good thing.....sort of!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 25, 2012, 11:44:33 AM »

I still don't understand why they can't just announce an Irish date, were not being bothered by that Olympic crap

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx