gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681374 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 05, 2024, 04:03:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 231687 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

Haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but...
Is anyone else taken aback by the ticket prices? The Beacon Theater shows in NYC are $236 or $153 for balcony. That's a lot of clams.

Don't worry , god knows why the site has a link to that page ? please see the top right hand corner

'We are a resale marketplace, not a box office or venue.'

Enough said
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 15, 2012, 09:45:06 AM »

Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, Tx.  Maybe a 30 min. drive.

I CAN'T WAIT.

"Jeff, you care." --BW
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »

Ughhhhh...not the Bowl.....!  It's nearly impossible to get any of the pool circle seats up front as you have to be a member of the ticket club.   Siiiiiiigh.

Yep, my first thought too.  Stub hub here I come...

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 15, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »

Haven't read this whole thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but...
Is anyone else taken aback by the ticket prices? The Beacon Theater shows in NYC are $236 or $153 for balcony. That's a lot of clams.

Don't worry , god knows why the site has a link to that page ? please see the top right hand corner

'We are a resale marketplace, not a box office or venue.'

Enough said

Exactly. I nearly fell off my chair when I found a site listing them from the St. Augustine Amphitheater in Florida and they were $150 and $212, but it said it was a resale marketplace like you said, so it isn't the actual price.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 15, 2012, 09:58:30 AM »

Ughhhhh...not the Bowl.....!  It's nearly impossible to get any of the pool circle seats up front as you have to be a member of the ticket club.   Siiiiiiigh.

Yep, my first thought too.  Stub hub here I come...

I hear ya, southbay.  But, do I have that right?  Are non-subscribers completely shut out from getting the pool circle seats?  I'm trying to look into getting how to be a subscriber but since the Beach Boys aren't listed on the Bowl website it's hard to find any answers before tickets go on sale this Friday....
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 15, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »

I checked the Chicago Theater website, and while tickets don't go on sale until Monday, they do list the prices (with fees and taxes)...$54.07 and $271.53.  Nothing in between.  I'd almost rather see them there than at Summerfest in Milwaukee, even though it's an extra hour drive (at least), and I hate driving in downtown Chicago.  Can't afford $271, but $54 is certainly in my price range.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 15, 2012, 10:00:07 AM »

Yipeeeee!!!  Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I'll see a few of you Bay Area fans on June 1 at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley or the following month at Harvey's Lake Tahoe Amphitheater in Stateline, Nevada!

Gotta be cool now, power shift here we gooooooooo!    Grin

What is the ticket/seating situation at the Greek?  Have to be a season ticket holder for good seats?  I live in central Cali and am debating whether to hit this show or the Bowl the next day

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 15, 2012, 10:16:57 AM »

Southbay, I saw Brian at the Greek during the Smile tour in '04 and The Boys many years before that. Every seat in the ampitheatre is good - floor, concrete bench, grass, or climb one of the trees for a real good vantage point. Very good acoustics. Sat on one of the cement benches last time and got a sore butt, so........recommend getting your ticket(s) early to get preferred seating. No doubt, it'll be a sell-out quickly.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:34:34 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 15, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

Southbay, I saw Brian at the Greek during the Smile tour in '04. Every seat in the ampitheatre is good - floor, cement bench, grass, or climb one of the trees for a real good vantage point. Very good acoustics. Sat on one of the cement benches last time and got a sore butt, so........recommend getting your ticket(s) early to get preferred seating. No doubt, it'll be a sell-out quickly.

I sure wish we had a Greek Theatre in Berkeley , Gloucestershire in the U.K. where I live.
However we do have a rather fine Castle that has hosted outdoor gigs in the past ( show capacity of 8,000 ) , NOW that gives me an idea what is the email address for BRI  Roll Eyes
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »

Southbay, I saw Brian at the Greek during the Smile tour in '04. Every seat in the ampitheatre is good - floor, cement bench, grass, or climb one of the trees for a real good vantage point. Very good acoustics. Sat on one of the cement benches last time and got a sore butt, so........recommend getting your ticket(s) early to get preferred seating. No doubt, it'll be a sell-out quickly.

Thank you, sir

KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:21 AM »

Damn....Greek Theatre Berkeley....that's like ten minutes walking from my house. I believe there's a few spots around the theater (I know there's at least one) where you can actually peep in and watch the proceedings. Might be worth a free look.  LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:33 AM »

They really chose some beautiful venues for this tour..

Should be wonderful

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 15, 2012, 10:50:06 AM »

April 26    
Grand Prairie, TX                                
Verizon Theatre
On Sale: February 25

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 15, 2012, 10:52:26 AM »

Hopefully, I can get to see them twice at Atlantic City and also in Camden. One indoors and one outdoors. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:31 AM »

Anybody feel they're going to plan something special for the Beacon shows?
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 15, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »

Im sorry the Hollywood Bowl only has good sight lines cause they put up video screens .Before the screens if you were 1/2 way back they looked like ants.. Yes the sound has been improved greatly..
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »

Hmm, that stinks.  Thanks for the tip, though.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:27 AM »

Im sorry the Hollywood Bowl only has good sight lines cause they put up video screens .Before the screens if you were 1/2 way back they looked like ants.. Yes the sound has been improved greatly..

I've been to the Bowl 3 times and had okay experiences.  I was halfway down the bowl on the wooden bleachers.  The further back you go the more blase people get...sitting, eating, not singing/dancing along.  I would love to be closer to where the action is but like I mentioned the entire first 3 sections of the bowl are limited to season ticket holders and large groups.  The front half is all box seating with tables etc...great if you want to have a picnic while you're at the show.  I hate to knock the Bowl since it's such a cherished venue in LA but for someone who wants to be part of the action up front...it's a nightmare.
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 15, 2012, 12:00:09 PM »

I've been to the Bowl 3 times and had okay experiences.  I was halfway down the bowl on the wooden bleachers.  The further back you go the more blase people get...sitting, eating, not singing/dancing along.  I would love to be closer to where the action is but like I mentioned the entire first 3 sections of the bowl are limited to season ticket holders and large groups.  The front half is all box seating with tables etc...great if you want to have a picnic while you're at the show.  I hate to knock the Bowl since it's such a cherished venue in LA but for someone who wants to be part of the action up front...it's a nightmare.

I'm a total Bowl partisan after the last few shows I've seen there.  Somehow even shy, retiring indie bands who have a reputation for introverted performances manage to put on fantastic shows at the Bowl.  Pavement the year before last was a total lovefest, with people dancing in the aisles throughout.  I've never been anywhere near the front rows there, but it's just not that kind of venue for me.  I'm not gonna be seeing the Beach Boys at Spaceland or the Troubadour or something, so "up front"  isn't even on the table.  A few months ago I saw the Serge Gainsbourg tribute from the literal last row and it was still a beautiful, involving show and a great night all around.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 15, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »

It should be noted that on the official site, they are now only showing the US tour dates..ending with Nevada on July 15th.  Any overseas date after that has been removed from the site.  Perhaps they withdrew it after they realized the UK dates weren't listed?
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 15, 2012, 12:28:22 PM »

And according to the press release on the official site...

Exclusive VIP ticket packages will are available through VIP Nation, including premium seats, meet & greets, soundcheck access, exclusive merchandise and more. For more information please visit vipnation.com
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 15, 2012, 12:32:07 PM »

It should be noted that on the official site, they are now only showing the US tour dates..ending with Nevada on July 15th.  Any overseas date after that has been removed from the site.  Perhaps they withdrew it after they realized the UK dates weren't listed?

This should be noted by everyone. Pause the panic. At least for now.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 15, 2012, 12:34:18 PM »

If you want to sit in 1st 3 sections just buy ONE ticket to the bowl.I sat in a box in 1st rows of 3rd section behind soundboard in 2000 for Pet Sounds + 2005 for SMILE.. Having a ticket for that section you can see + hear really well and you can WANDER around.! I did that + STOOD at soundboard  + danced and no ushers bothered me when they saw my ticket. it was weird sittin in a box with a family i didnt know BUT.. It worked out just fine. Also there was about 12 000 people at either of those shows  and ive seen BB twice there in 80"s + none of those 4 shows sold out. And when you get near the top in back the seats get cheap cause your so far away. At classical shows those seats go cheap like 10.00 or so.. Some kinda LA rule to provide entertainment for the poor.. If i can go im gonna get what i can get + Wander around + make the best of it.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 15, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »

Although I'm not surprised they're not playing Halifax, NS, Canada, I am surprised they're only playing Toronto and Montreal... Guess I'll see if I can make my way to one of those shows though!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 15, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

Does anyone know ticket prices and sale dates for Bethlehem, PA (5/17/12)?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx