gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:38:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finding The Flame  (Read 3789 times)
RadBooley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2011, 11:49:18 AM »

Hiya,
I've heard great things about "The Flame" but can't seem to find it anywhere for less than $100. Anyone know of any online resellers that have it for a reasonable price? Is there any digital download out there I could buy?

Thanks!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 12:11:42 PM »

Trying searching for the album under the title "Psychedelic Essentials", it's available digitally under that title from Amazon MP3, Spotify, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Essentials/dp/B0060BL52A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324152641&sr=8-1

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 01:04:06 PM »

Trying searching for the album under the title "Psychedelic Essentials", it's available digitally under that title from Amazon MP3, Spotify, etc.

http://www.amazon.com/Psychedelic-Essentials/dp/B0060BL52A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324152641&sr=8-1

@ RadBooley: if you buy this download, keep in mind that this is the correct playing order:

Side 1
•See The Light
•Make It Easy
•Hey Lord
•Lady
•Don't Worry Bill

Side 2:
•Get Your Mind Made Up
•Highs And Lows
•I'm So Happy
•Dove
•Another Day Like Heaven
•See The Light - Reprise

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 03:46:30 PM »

@ RadBooley: if you buy this download, keep in mind that this is the correct playing order:

Side 1
•See The Light
•Make It Easy
•Hey Lord
•Lady
•Don't Worry Bill

Side 2:
•Get Your Mind Made Up
•Highs And Lows
•I'm So Happy
•Dove
•Another Day Like Heaven
•See The Light - Reprise

Does it really make a difference Santa?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 04:35:45 PM »

Does it really make a difference Santa?

Only if you believe the band wanted people to hear it in that order, which I think people generally do when listening to albums.
RadBooley
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2011, 08:07:09 PM »

Thanks guys-- bought a copy and changed the running order as per your posting. Great little album.
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »

Thanks guys-- bought a copy and changed the running order as per your posting. Great little album.

Woop!  Grin I'm surprised it's going for so much online now, I got it for five pounds in HMV when it was rereleased!  Grin
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 02:17:28 PM »

you can sometimes find it on eBay for much less (I think I got the vinyl for around $25) if you keep your eyes peeled for the listings that don't mention 'beach boys'.

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »

Did they really have to add those ugly colors and new (misleading) title to the digital release?

I think 2012 would be the right year to re-release both The Flame and American Spring on CD and/or vinyl.
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2012, 05:23:23 AM »

Hello there,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but it seemed the most logical place.  I was reading a column by the mightly Al Kooper, in which he praises The Flame's Beatlesque work:
http://www.themortonreport.com/entertainment/music/new-music-for-old-people-beatlemaniacs/

In this piece, he makes an interesting point about the download version available on iTunes (and Amazon and elsewhere):

I downloaded the album from iTunes but their version contained COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MIXES and didn’t hold up to the LP version.

Does anyone know if this is true?  Has anyone else compared them?  I had assumed that the download would match the unofficial CD, i.e. a needledrop.  On the one hand, it surprises me that there'd be two different mixes of such a niche product out there, but on the other hand I would expect someone with as much pop nous as Kooper to have his facts right.  So can anyone help?

Also, I don't suppose that anyone's got any insight on whether or not a proper reissue of this record might be forthcoming at any point?  I see it's been discussed here on numerous occasions in the past, but is there actually any momentum behind such an idea?
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »

From the deafening silence, I'm going to assume that nobody knows anything about this mysterious alternate mix, or else that I have unwittingly committed some sort of forum faux pas by asking an obscure question with my first ever post.  Oh, well.  Hello, everyone!  I'm new.  And I must say, it's all going very well so far.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »

Seriously doubt it, or the Flame fans would have said something.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 12:03:55 AM »

Thanks for the response, which certainly chimes with my gut instinct.
gsmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »

Has anyone else heard "Psychedelic Essentials"?  I wanted to buy the Flame album from iTunes and noticed the two different versions on there.  I assume that the 2004 "release" with the proper track order and cover is identical to the needledrop that's been floating around for ages.  If the "Psychedelic Essentials" is a better mastering I'd like to purchase it.  Any comments?

Quote from: So cold I go burr
There are people who have taken LSD thousands of times and are as sane as Jeff Foskett. Well, that's a bad example, because Jeff hates Love You and that's INSANE.
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 03:52:13 AM »

Talking about The Flame I picked up the album on Amazon (UK) a few years ago for about £5 i think.. Has a white cover from memory...

I got this for christmas http://theband.hiof.no/albums/blondie_chaplin.html which i enjoyed! Is just nice to hear Blondie sing a entire album!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx