gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680739 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 03:37:55 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BEACH BOYS ANNOUNCE 50TH ANNIVERSARY REUNION, NEW ALBUM AND TOUR  (Read 145181 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 10, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »

I doubt they will be sharing individual dressing rooms too.

I don't know of any big name act that would have to have their principle members share dressing rooms.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 10, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

I doubt they will be sharing individual dressing rooms too.

I don't know of any big name act that would have to have their principle members share dressing rooms.

Throughout the early and mid-90's the Beach Boys regularly shared dressing rooms, even in the largest of venues.  Alan and Carl in one, Mike and Bruce in the other. On the 97 tour when Carl was ill, he had his own dressing room and Bruce, Al and Mike roomed together. No kidding.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 05:00:09 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: January 13, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »

Since "Adult Child" will NEVER be officially released I definitely think they should re-record some tunes from that for the new album! I really don't want to hear "Little Deuce Coupe" drowned in auto-tune since they've already ruined "Do it Again". All new material would be awesome but if they are gonna pull from the unreleased catalog they need to resurrect some of AC!

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 13, 2012, 03:58:30 PM »

Since "Adult Child" will NEVER be officially released I definitely think they should re-record some tunes from that for the new album! I really don't want to hear "Little Deuce Coupe" drowned in auto-tune since they've already ruined "Do it Again". All new material would be awesome but if they are gonna pull from the unreleased catalog they need to resurrect some of AC!
What's to say if they re-record Adult Child material that it won't be auto tuned? I think DIA sounds fine. What specific spots were ruined by auto tune? I would like to hear what you are hearing.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: January 13, 2012, 04:13:13 PM »

Imagine a slickly produced, electronic drums, autotuned version of It's Over Now... haha.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #730 on: January 13, 2012, 04:37:03 PM »

Listen to Mike from the New Years Eve show singing DIA compared to the new studio version his voice is infested with auto-tune! They're aging for sure but I'd rather hear a scratchy, off key or plain bad voice over poorly executed pitch correction any day.(It was Brian's imperfect vocal roughness that made "Love You"/"AC" for me) But, oh well, I'm just thankful they are even doing anything at all!

Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:56 PM »

Imagine a slickly produced, electronic drums, autotuned version of It's Over Now... haha.

Now you're just freaking me out, lol.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 13, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »

Brilliant idea..

A re-recorded version of today's Brian singing "Still I dream of it" would be a great closer to the album..

I smell a Grammy

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 13, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »

Listen to Mike from the New Years Eve show singing DIA compared to the new studio version his voice is infested with auto-tune! They're aging for sure but I'd rather hear a scratchy, off key or plain bad voice over poorly executed pitch correction any day.(It was Brian's imperfect vocal roughness that made "Love You"/"AC" for me) But, oh well, I'm just thankful they are even doing anything at all!
If DIA is auto tuned, then there has to be specific spots demarcated by time where this occurs. Comparing to what you just said, it would be like me saying Mike sang the original too perfect compared to the way he sings it in concert. Brian is quoted that he thought Mike sang it pretty well. I'm assuming he was talking about while they were recording it, not after his vocals were auto tuned.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: January 14, 2012, 05:03:46 AM »

You can hear it so plainly on "..Bodies" from sun tanned bodies and the high "GET together.." It's one of the most plastic things I've ever heard. The original is miles above this version as nostalgic as it may be.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: January 14, 2012, 06:01:05 AM »

You can hear it so plainly on "..Bodies" from sun tanned bodies and the high "GET together.." It's one of the most plastic things I've ever heard. The original is miles above this version as nostalgic as it may be.

Sure but I guess they tried to make the song sound "modern" and you have that effect on the voice quite often today. I don't mean necessarily because it is needed but because it is used as an effect. Like double tracking for example

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 14, 2012, 07:52:31 AM »

Not a big deal for me. Two words fixed that were sung by 70 year old guy, I can live with that. You are right though, we should be thankful that they are working on a new album.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: January 14, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »

Not a big deal for me. Two words fixed that were sung by 70 year old guy, I can live with that. You are right though, we should be thankful that they are working on a new album.

I wouldn't say it was only two words but most of the song. Yeah, enough griping.. I'm gonna have a hard enough time watching the grammys in hopes of a 10 minute (if that) melody of hits. Everything else is sure to be nauseating.

b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: January 14, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »

I wouldn't say it was only two words but most of the song. Yeah, enough griping.. I'm gonna have a hard enough time watching the grammys in hopes of a 10 minute (if that) melody of hits. Everything else is sure to be nauseating.
Yes it is all over the backing vocals as well. C'est la vie. I personally am hoping for an autotuned version of "Everybody Wants to Live."

- B00ts
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 14, 2012, 06:42:16 PM »

Yes it is all over the backing vocals as well. C'est la vie. I personally am hoping for an autotuned version of "Everybody Wants to Live."
Jesus, they must of really sucked when they went in the studio this summer. Here are some the best singers in popular music and they can no longer sing without autotune throughout the whole recoding. What a dilemma.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 14, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »

You think they will autotune the reunion concerts too? Man, if they can't sing in a studio with multiple takes, the shows will most likely be unbearable. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 14, 2012, 09:22:51 PM »

Well here we are in  mid Jan. Is there any news about recording sessions or material
for the new album? Have they done anything besides Do it again? In the studio?

I read some articles a few weeks ago, where some of the Beach Boys said they were
writing some tunes, but I haven't heard anything about sessions for the new album.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 14, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »

Well here we are in  mid Jan. Is there any news about recording sessions or material
for the new album? Have they done anything besides Do it again? In the studio?

I read some articles a few weeks ago, where some of the Beach Boys said they were
writing some tunes, but I haven't heard anything about sessions for the new album.

Apparently there were sessions scheduled in December. I think Brian had been working on some backing tracks earlier in the year, so it might not take a lot of group sessions to put together material.

But I don't think we'll hear anything about any sessions until the album is nearly done. Too many things can go wrong if information is released too soon. It does seem, though, that if they want the album out this year they had better get cracking.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx