gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 12:39:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BEACH BOYS ANNOUNCE 50TH ANNIVERSARY REUNION, NEW ALBUM AND TOUR  (Read 145554 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 07:41:12 AM »

Trending worldwide on twitter

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 07:43:19 AM »

Do it Again sample didn't sound as bad as I thought. Brian in the middle sounds great. His voice is sounding better and better.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 07:46:54 AM »

Sounds very dry and inoffensive. Not sure what to think about it. Probably could have turned out much worse.

Yeah, I was trying to be positive..

Sounds better than expected but nothing near the original

"Do It Again" is an incredibly difficult song to cover I think, as the original recording just burst with youthful energy.

Hope it's going to be the only remake they'll do for the upcoming album project.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 07:51:04 AM »

Is anyone else replaying this thing over and over just to hear those harmonies again?  God I love this band!

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 07:53:37 AM »

Amen on having the thing on repeat. When I see 'em all there it makes me almost lose it.

And just for clarification the sidemen appear to be Scott, John, Nicky and Brett and (by the sounds of it) Jeff.
Tristero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2011, 07:55:09 AM »

"Do It Again" is an incredibly difficult song to cover I think, as the original recording just burst with youthful energy.

Hope it's going to be the only remake they'll do for the upcoming album project.
I have to admit, I'd be curious to hear them take on some of the SMiLE material again, maybe one of the less completed songs like Worms of Dada/Blue Hawaii with the finished BWPS arrangements.  That may be a pipe dream, but it would be cool to hear the Boys do a finished take on this stuff.

I'll also be eager to hear what archival projects are in the pipeline, beyond the obligatory greatest hits collection.  Here's hoping for a successful reunion that wakes the world to the magic of the Beach Boys.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2011, 07:56:41 AM »

I'm excited beyond belief! I wonder what those special commemorative releases are?  Shocked Do It Again sounds pretty nice, but that falsetto... Foskett...  Sad

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2011, 07:59:22 AM »

All I can say right now is...about damn time.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2011, 08:01:55 AM »

Please forgive us diehards(or d*ckheads-your call Wink), but with Brian, Al and David on board, it looks like what we finally have here is the real damn thing. Way to go guys! Looking forward to the whole shebang! w00t! w00t! w00t!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 08:10:39 AM »

I'm excited beyond belief! I wonder what those special commemorative releases are?  Shocked Do It Again sounds pretty nice, but that falsetto... Foskett...  Sad

Make that an Autotuned Foskett. Really wish they'd tone that down a little, but maybe the average listener won't care.

Also wish there was a little more bass in the mix.

BTW, anyone else notice that Brian sounds very Imagination-like in the bridge? (Not a bad thing necessarily)
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 08:15:33 AM »

Make that an Autotuned Foskett. Really wish they'd tone that down a little, but maybe the average listener won't care.

BTW, anyone else notice that Brian sounds very Imagination-like in the bridge? (Not a bad thing necessarily)

It's ridiculous, he sounds like a synth and to boot, it's real loud in the mix! Sad I hate to be a debbie downer when we should be celebrating, but I must be!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:32:34 AM by Quzi » Logged

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 08:17:37 AM »

er, there is so much autotuning on that, isn't there?

But, goshdarn

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »

THE BEACH BOYS ARE BACK! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:03 AM »

Great news, I'm very excited to see what they do!

Now onto that video clip: I'm not passing judgement, I'm not second-guessing or critiquing before hearing the finished product, but I am questioning and hoping maybe someone will explain this from a sonic perspective, just as a curious fan who is into recording and such:

Why isolate each band member inside these gobos/baffles to track vocals when these same guys are quite possibly the finest group vocalists in all of rock history, with the best studio blend of vocals we've ever heard? In the same clip there are scenes of them gathered around a single mic, but that looks staged for the cameras while this shot has each of them on a single mic inside a booth...I'm just curious why or what they were doing when this was filmed.

I know this is 2011 and that's how it's done but when there is the finest group of harmony vocalists in the studio I don't get the setup in this shot:

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »

What a great time to Beach Boys fan, the last 10 years have been unbelievable and now look at what we've got to look forward to...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:22:15 AM by Zander » Logged

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2011, 08:21:28 AM »

Who is the drummer

John Cowsill.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2011, 08:24:27 AM »

Is anyone else replaying this thing over and over just to hear those harmonies again?  God I love this band!

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2011, 08:28:06 AM »

I don't think you're alone.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »

The Beach Boys are reuniting for their 50th anniversary. They will also be releasing an album of new music, "PET Scan Sounds".

LOL

From twitter

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2011, 08:31:05 AM »

So is Joe Thomas now out of the picture?  Or was in, but now out? Partly in it?  A co-producer?

I am also intrigued by the stated credits, album being produced by BW, executive producer Mike Love.  Is Mike sort of the project overseer for BRI? Or is it more loosey-goosey and this is just how they decided to divvy up the credits?   (With which I have no quarrel - just curious).

IF you ever want to see a ridiculous set of credits, look at "Free As A Bird" - the name-checks look like they were assembled by a law firm.  Which they probably were.

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2011, 08:34:11 AM »

So...............Brian Wilson - Producer.  Mike Love - Executive Producer.  Shades of the Landy years.........

Separate "cubes" in the studio for each one to do vocals. That's a little different, isn't it?

God bless 'em!! And they included Dave for posterity. Good move. I'm sure they'll have a Dennis and Carl tribute during the concerts. I'm gonna make at least two of them on the West coast!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2011, 08:35:42 AM »

This is all so exciting! My hope as far as the commemorative releases go is for "Wouldn't It Be Nice T Live Again?" and for the original mono mixes of the albums to finally see release!

Just a though: Ironic, that many people thought this reunion would happen when h3ll freezes over... and its happening in 2012.  LOL
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2011, 08:48:12 AM »

It's ridiculous, he sounds like a synth and he's so loud in the mix Sad I don't want to be a debbie downer when we should be celebrating, but I will be!

A more authentic reverb and some melodyne would do the trick..

Smokin

Back to the topic.. THE BEACH BOYS ARE BACK INDEED!! Great seeing David there. Mike's swag is up! Can't wait to catch them on the East Coast.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2011, 08:49:24 AM »

Yes. Two thoughts. One, I actually got chills when I read it. Two, I miss Carl and Dennis.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:28 AM »

Yes, YES, YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!! Doin' the Happy Dance! Woohoo!

Love Happy Dance Transcendental Meditation Head Spin Rock!

Brian, Dennis, & Carl
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx