gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 08:40:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WindChimes - SMiLE version - Inherant mistake/fumble?!?  (Read 1468 times)
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2011, 03:51:58 PM »

Hello everyone

I love TSS, (glitches & all  LOL ) , amazed we can listen to it like we can after all this time.
There's ONE thing that's bothered me alittle tho, & seems to be on almost EVERY Fan Version or Official Version.

It's after the last verse of the quiet 1st section, just where the loud 'band and vocals' come in next.
no matter where the joining edit of the 2 sections was placed i always felt like something was wrong, or something had been snipped early, or there was a tiny tiny bit chopped off the second part right at the entry.

it's always really bugged me, i had a suspicion that in the beginning of the loud 2nd section, someone had come in early by mistake - when this section loops itself & it comes up again, it isnt there then, its fine.

Well I've now found the complete entry for the louder section 2 bit HURRAH!!!!!!
and can now see someone comes in justa touch to soon on the low bvocal harmony?

i was listening to the 'Red Odeon ST-9002', on track 10 (out of 30) you can clearly hear on this mix that the low 'bom ba bom' bvocal part comes in a tiniest bit prematurely to all the other parts just on that 1st entry of the 1nd section - if you've got it it's just at 1.10 mins in.

Is there another recorded take of this louder 2nd section that is as good as, or as close to the take I'm referring to but doesn't have the fumble?

like i say after the initial entry point this fumble isn't repeated again.  I'm sure some mixes have the same 2nd part entry problem each time this section is used in the song.

help! am i going mad or has someone else noticed this?
please say yes and put my mind at rest
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 09:01:24 PM by AllIWannaDo » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:44:50 AM »

No, sorry, you're going mad.

Just kidding. Wink 2

I didn't notice that. But you may be right.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 09:33:10 AM »

YES ,A REPLY!!!

hmm not sure thats a vindication there ha ha  Razz

well tbh, i couldnt tell what it was about the loud part entrance that bugged me, i've moved it a little bit early/later etc so its bang on the beat, however someting about its initial entry always seems snipped/premature

if you get the chance listen to TRACK 10, on the Red Odeon SMiLE - here you can here the loud section come in pre-edit
on this one its quite apparent someone singing one of the low 'Bom BaBom' bits comes in early

this take has then had the early vocal fluff sliced, this would be great - however you miss the intonation of the 'B', you just here a slight snippit of the end of it like....
(b)OOMM Ba BOMMM
This snip of vocal syllable makes it sound wonky on my ears

I'll try and do a cheeky mp3 of the track and stick it up so you all can hear what i mean hopefully
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 03:47:17 PM »

YES ,A REPLY!!!

hmm not sure thats a vindication there ha ha  Razz

well tbh, i couldnt tell what it was about the loud part entrance that bugged me, i've moved it a little bit early/later etc so its bang on the beat, however someting about its initial entry always seems snipped/premature

if you get the chance listen to TRACK 10, on the Red Odeon SMiLE - here you can here the loud section come in pre-edit
on this one its quite apparent someone singing one of the low 'Bom BaBom' bits comes in early

this take has then had the early vocal fluff sliced, this would be great - however you miss the intonation of the 'B', you just here a slight snippit of the end of it like....
(b)OOMM Ba BOMMM
This snip of vocal syllable makes it sound wonky on my ears

I'll try and do a cheeky mp3 of the track and stick it up so you all can hear what i mean hopefully

howdy
here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/?fqx804hfx8tgdtp

it's around 1.10 in? its anal but it's always bugged me, seems on most fanmixes/official release's they'v just snipped the premature entry around 1.10 off to smooth it off?
it's always thrown me off sonically and felt a little uncomfortable? after the entry its all good - wierd  Undecided
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »

bump
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx