gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 06:12:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: what's with people posting in really old threads lately?  (Read 3619 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2011, 03:35:18 AM »

" Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. "

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 04:05:12 AM »

" Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. "

"People" being me, I'm rather afraid. I often look through old pages and see something I can relate to and occasionally I resurrect it. The "Best live act'" and "Captain Beefheart" topics I dredged up even elicited a few new (and intelligent) responses.

I'm a little non-plussed by the red warning and by the reasoning behind it----why start a new topic when there's an old one with relevant information in it?----but I see I shall have to control myself in future. ;=)

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »

Afterall AGD politely "instructs" to view previous posts. I have rejuvenated some old posts, after checking out the search function.

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Keri
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 10:47:03 PM »

I'm a little non-plussed by the red warning and by the reasoning behind it----why start a new topic when there's an old one with relevant information in it?----but I see I shall have to control myself in future. ;=)

I don't get it either, if the discussion is good it really doesn't matter how old it is surely, after all the Beach Boys just dusted off some old recordings recently, they're OK even if they are a bit old. Some topics just don't generate the amount of interest as others so it makes more sense to add more posts to a thread that has 6 replies than have two threads one with 6 and another with 3. We should be conservation minded and recycle our old threads.

And by the way thanks for bumping the Beefheart thread I enjoyed that & posted, i was delighted to see there are other fans here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 10:52:38 PM by Keri » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx