gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 03:54:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How many times have you bought Pet Sounds? (Or other BB albums?)  (Read 4419 times)
T2458
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »

Hi Newbie here - My Pet Sounds obsession started when I bought my first copy of the album in 1966 and it's still going strong.

I've got the following Pet Sounds LPs

PS UK Mono
PS UK Stereo

PS US Mono
PS US Duophonic
PS US Stereo

PS South African
PS New Zealand
PS Yugoslavian
PS Turkish
PS German
PS Taiwanese (Red Vinyl)
PS Taiwanese (Orange Vinyl)
PS Dutch (Beach Boys Story Vol 3)

PS Japanese Red Vinyl
PS Japanese Promo
PS Japanese Mono
PS Japanese Stereo

PS & Smiley Smile (Double LP)
PS & Carl & the Passions (Double LP)
PS & Carl & the Passions Promo (Double LP)

PS Later Capitol Reissue
PS Warners Brown Cover Reissue
PS Fame Reissue
PS World Record Club version

PS Capitol Vaults
PS 40th Anniversary (Mono & Stereo)
PS 180+ Analogue Pressing
PS EMI 100 Collection
PS Simply Vinyl

PS UK stereo with signed cover (all except Bruce!)
PS Brother Ltd Edition Framed Gold LP & Cover

I've also got far too many CDs, Tapes, Cassettes, Minidiscs, Bootlegs, Sessions, setlists, DVDs, books, tee shirts etc etc etc.  The most unique thing I have is a handmade light box with the Pet Sounds cover on the front - it's like a lead window but is made with some form of acrylic paintwork.

I've not counted the duplicates of which there aren't too many except I do have 2 Jugoslavian copies for some reason.  My favorite LP is all of them but I love the alternative lyrics included in one of the Taiwanese versions.

When I tell people about this small collection sometimes they ask me if the 'foreign' versions are in English or native tongue and it's interesting to see how long I can have them on! It's probably when I say the NZ version is sung in New Zealand English and the SA version is sung in Africaans that they catch on.

Best Pet Sounds Memory - It's tough cos it's either seeing Brian and his band at the Hollywood Bowl in 2000 where my wife and I also met Tony Asher or the last night at the RFH in 2002 which really was a stunning night and probably was the band's best ever performance (imo!).
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »

Nice list, T2458 !

Pet Sounds: "only", 22 LP's, 3 cd's + Pet Sounds Box and 1 8-track

when T2458 mentioned "South African", I suddenly remembered that instead of just one I have 3 different pressing (including an 80ies reissue)

thus: "only" 24 LP's etc etc...   Smiley

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx