gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:15:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wow...Mike, Al and Dave Reunion!  (Read 39658 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2011, 11:19:01 PM »

Cali Hall of Fame tonight. Picture No 8.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/08/4110718/2011-california-hall-of-fame-inductees.html?mi_rss=Photo%20Galleries
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 11:20:19 PM by My Cousin Brian » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 11:30:54 PM »

Nice one!

“We live in divisive times.”
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:33:11 PM »

Nice one!

Aside from the fact they don't mention David.

No mas, por favor.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 11:35:36 PM »

That's at least the 2nd recent sighting of Dave with Mike.  It seems that whatever differences they had are now in the past, which is great!  Glad to see Al hanging out with both of them too.  "Let's be friends!"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 11:43:53 PM »

Shame someone's missing.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 11:49:16 PM »

Shame someone's missing.
Bruce?  Cheesy
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:03:26 AM »

Blondie Chaplin?  LOL

A broken man too tough to cry
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 12:28:22 AM »

Seriously, Brian's people need to wake up and realise that this isn't making him look at all good.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 12:34:44 AM »

It might look like he's missing the boat but I bet they've got something up their sleeve...

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

Nice one!

Yes they do.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »

It might look like he's missing the boat but I bet they've got something up their sleeve...

Brian was in SF less than 48 hours ago - just book a room for the night, turn up for however long it takes... sh*t, if I can think of that it ain't brain surgery.

Anything up the sleeve better be pretty good. Reagan centennial - no Brian... Grammy noms... no anyone... Cal HOF... no Brian. Anyone taking bets on either 12/31/11 or 2/12/12 ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:57:39 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 12:44:50 AM »

They didn't at first...just looked at it again, and someone must have told them of their error...
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 01:40:18 AM »

Because of people on this site, David Marks got to meet Buzz Aldrin. Unless they've met before. Pretty cool. Too bad Brian wasn't there. TOO BAD.

No mas, por favor.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 01:46:41 AM »

Because of people on this site, David Marks got to meet Buzz Aldrin. Unless they've met before. Pretty cool. Too bad Brian wasn't there. TOO BAD.

"Whatchoo need Buzz? I got some good sh!t"  Cool  Razz

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 02:15:27 AM »

Nice one!

They do - third photo: "Al Jardine, left, Mike Love, second from left, and David Marks of the Beach Boys are interviewed as they make their way up the red carpet at the California Hall of Fame Induction."

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/08/4110718/2011-california-hall-of-fame-inductees.html?mi_rss=Photo%20Galleries#ixzz1g1xmRsZ3

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 02:56:01 AM »

Nice one!

They do - third photo: "Al Jardine, left, Mike Love, second from left, and David Marks of the Beach Boys are interviewed as they make their way up the red carpet at the California Hall of Fame Induction."

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/2011/12/08/4110718/2011-california-hall-of-fame-inductees.html?mi_rss=Photo%20Galleries#ixzz1g1xmRsZ3

Notice how the original post says photo number 8?  That's what number 3 used to be, and the only names mentioned were Mike Love and Bruce Johnston.

No mas, por favor.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 05:56:01 AM »

It's so good to see David there (and very cool to see Beach Boys standing next to a real-life moonwalker). Without Brian, who represented Carl and Dennis?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:57:32 AM by Emdeeh » Logged
SBonilla
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:24 AM »

Seriously, Brian's people need to wake up and realise that this isn't making him look at all good.

Yea, come on, Bri, get in gear!
Wylson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »

In all seriousness where was Bruce?
oldsurferdude
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 08:01:48 AM »

Yeah, the only thing Brian needs to do is to continue to stay away from the fray-far drom the maddening crowd. He already has his legacy locked, while others plod on trying to pin theirs down.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2011, 08:13:08 AM »

Yeah, the only thing Brian needs to do is to continue to stay away from the fray-far drom the maddening crowd. He already has his legacy locked, while others plod on trying to pin theirs down.
You should really be posting on the bloo board, the people there are more likely to agree with you.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2011, 08:15:44 AM »

Mike Love was interviewed on TV last night at the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium. Al was standing next to him smiling. Mike said that the Auditorium was where the first live album was recorded (Beach Boys in Concert). Mike and Al looked like old pals together. Funny how the two have been appearing at various events together in the past few years representing The Beach Boys, but not on stage together for longer than a few songs? Is Al a Beach Boy or not?? Get Al's ass back on stage with The Beach Boys where he belongs! And Dave too!

There's no doubt that Brian Wilson should have been there. I was at a SMiLE signing event with him in San Francisco last Tuesday night, so I know he's in California and not far away!!  

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2011, 08:21:16 AM »

I think the old dude is right in this case, actually. Brian's legacy is secure. He hasn't been absent from BB business or anything -- he did most of TSS promotion, after all. I think the chances of his non appearance in "reunion" activities making him look bad are very small. Enhancing his legacy as the aloof genius staying at home, yes. Making the other guys look bad, possibly! Remember, this is Mr. Passive Agressive we're talking about here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:24:25 AM by Wirestone » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 08:30:41 AM »

C'mon guys, this is crying out for a caption contest.

Mike: "So I said to Neil, 'what you need is a punchier catchline, y'know - one small step for dudes, one cool step for mankind'."

oldsurferdude
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »

You should really be posting on the bloo board, the people there are more likely to agree with you.
Don't really care  who does or doesn't-is that what everyone is supposed to do in SS land?  How boring. Roll Eyes
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx