gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:32:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love you demos  (Read 6931 times)
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 21, 2006, 07:02:15 AM »

I remember reading a site some years back which had files of the Love you demos that you could listen to, but I can't find it anywhere now, I Similarly I once had a listen to the 1970 version of Back Home (which i like a lot) but now can't find it anywhere does anyone know where can find them.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:07:33 AM »

I remember the Love You site. It went down a few months ago without warning (that I saw). That site had some awesome information on it, too. I saved the "I'm a pooper" article from it, thankfully.

Watch out for snakes!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:53:40 AM »

Yeah, and...?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:55:18 AM »

does anyone have the web adress for Magic Transistor radio site? it had the back home (70), Your Song (live, bruce lead), etc. thanx

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:22:03 AM »

i've recently come across mp3's of about 4 of the demos.

getting beach boys stuff is tough.. because we're not allowed
to talk about it on the boards..  yet we all want to hear it.
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 08:24:51 AM »

Yeah, and...?

I'm just saying that the site that had the files is gone now.

Watch out for snakes!
Cabana Boy
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 11:10:42 AM »

DEYes yes yes, I don't know how to follow the rules!OS??
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 01:19:19 PM »

Thanks a million!  So, not to sound ungrateful but, are there any more?  Razz

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 02:55:09 PM »

Thanks.

By the way, who's that girl in your avatar? Love

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 07:36:19 PM »

Don't you recognize Ginger Blake of the Honeys when you see her?  It's cute that you think she's cute in spite of that helmet hair.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 09:44:28 PM »

I've never heard the 1970 Back Home. Is it any good?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
XY
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 10:19:29 PM »

I emailed the guy who ran the 'Magic Transistor Radio' website and he answered that the site is down at the moment. On my request he put "Back Home '70" online again:
http://membres.lycos.fr/matrara03/BH.html
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 02:54:05 AM »

Thanks for that, thats cool. That version of Back home is really quite different actually. I like the production but I prefer the melody on the Brian version, it seems more refined.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 05:39:43 AM »

Oh wow.

Watch out for snakes!
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 11:44:51 AM »

Pssttt don't tell anyone, but someone friendly pointed me to this download:

The Beach Boys - Rarities Vol. 3 contains the Love You Demos in great quality! 'There's a lot more as you can see on the backcover above, but the love you demos consist of: It's Over Now (2 demos), I'm Begging You Please, Let's Put Our Hearts Together, They're Marching Along, Still I Dream Of It, Airplane, I'll Bet He's Nice, Love Is A Woman and Mona!

http://rapidshare.de/files/16131483/The_Beach_Boys_-_Rarities_Vol._3.rar.html

Took me some time to figure it out too, you gotta click the FREE button instead of the PREMIUM button, wait for 60 seconds (a timer ticks off) then enter the letters and numbers that enter your screen in the box, ans voila! Download this beautiful music that everybody needs to be able to hear, not only the bourgeousie of BB related writers, publishers etc.!
Cabana Boy
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 12:24:26 PM »

It's Over Now (2 demos)
Consecutive takes, better heard on disc 4 of the 'BW Sessions' set. Cut in 2 on the DAR for some reason - screws with the mood. The 'Sessions' disc is also a marginally better sounding source for those demos. If you get the chance, grab that.
DAR3 is a good boot, tho'. To anyone who hears the California Music sides on there for the first time and likes them, I'd recommend this and this. Goodies galore.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

Okay, I am fairly new to this so if I am out of line here, by all means let me know.  Does anyone have links to more downloads like the few that have been mentioned in this thread?  I am looking to get a hold of as much of this rare stuff as I can.  Again, I dont want to stir up trouble let me know if I am in the wrong.  Just looking to hear as much of this brilliant material as possible! 

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

This sounds...weird. Why is "Magic Transistor Radio" playing at the beginning?!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 06:07:43 PM »

When I downloaded it. I only got 4 sec's of "magic transistor radio'...very confusing...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2006, 08:38:45 AM »

When I downloaded it. I only got 4 sec's of "magic transistor radio'...very confusing...

Let there be no confusion; the link I posted to the rarities album is alright, the magic transistor site link given earlier is not! Go on and get it while it's there!

Yorick
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 04:05:35 PM »

...and it is much appreciated, Yorick. Thank you for that. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the 1970 Back Home. I've heard the one from 63, and the one from 15 big ones, but for some reason, this 1970 version continues to elude me...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:55 PM »

the magic transistor is playing because on the site, he would feature a new rarity and played the magic transistor because that was the theme of the website, like a radio show or something....

ive noticed that some of the sunflower back home version sounds a bit like Merry Christmas Baby...anyone else notice this?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 01:08:45 AM »

Dennis Wilson - Rarities vol. 14 (Bamboo and other rarities)
http://rapidshare.de/files/14122615/bbda14.rar
see http://www.bootlegzone.com/album.php?name=da015&section=14 for tracklist and cover art!
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 01:13:48 AM »

Brian Wilson - Rarities Vol. 13 (1976-2000)
http://rapidshare.de/files/14041812/BBDA13.rar

Enjoy!

CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 05:15:57 AM »

Thanks for all of the great links!!!

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx