gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681661 Posts in 27653 Topics by 4085 Members - Latest Member: RZLSommer June 26, 2024, 01:19:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poor Reporting  (Read 5051 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »

Special guest Stamos but another more 'special' guest does not rate a mention. Check out the video link.

http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/12/beach_boys_rock_st_george_thea.html
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:16:13 PM »

Is it....it's not.......it is.....

It's DAVE!!!!!

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 03:49:36 PM »

Come on, he was on ER

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:01:54 PM »

"...touring in support of “The Smile Sessions'…”

So, they do GV. What else?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 02:43:15 PM by PongHit » Logged

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 04:44:36 PM »

Yeah, are they playing any Smile songs?  Other than GV and H&V?

And Stamos, how exactly did he manage to get into the band?  Their Full House experience way back when must have been incredibly awesome I gather   Roll Eyes
He's probably a nice guy, probably is a legitimate fan of the music, he's handsome and provides eye candy for the ladies i suppose - but still, what the hell?   I thought the Stamos period was just a phase, but they keep bringing him back.  
It's their perogative to do so of course, and who am I to say boo (hoo) about it, but everytime I see him with them something deep inside me lets out the "ugh-iest" of groans.    Maybe it's just indigestion.   Shrug
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:46:04 PM by OneEar/OneEye » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:47 PM »

He adds celebraty power!  w00t!

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »

"Kokomo Christmas"? Really? Sheesh...  Undecided

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Blake Alan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 05:50:24 PM »

Hey, thanks for the link. Great to see Dave playing with the guys (and looking like he's having a great time, to boot). Let's this hope this is a sign of things to come for the 50th!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 06:01:59 PM »

Typical, true to form Myke Luhv bullsh*t-what a hole. Good to see David, though.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 07:12:23 PM »

Other than GV and H&V?

I saw the Mike & Stamos show in October — they went nowhere near H&V.

Photos here, BTW:

http://facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.266263896746392.61107.100000883520617

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 07:32:48 PM »

One of the captions describes David as a Beach Boy, so maybe that's why he's not named as a special guest. But to make Stamos the focus of the article and put SS in the background...um...

"Special guest John Stamos, center, plays with The Beach Boys, from left, David Marks, Randell Kirsch and Mike Love during their 'Kokomo' Christmas concert at the St. George Theatre. (Staten Island Advance/Bill Lyons)"
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 07:42:21 PM »

Other than GV and H&V?

Just assumed they might play H&V, but guess not.    Too bad, be kind of cool to hear them play some of those tunes, even with Shamos as guest.
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »

that was a rough watch.

geez... no wonder Brian doesn't want to be seen with those guys.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011, 04:30:57 AM »

Typical, true to form Myke Luhv bullsh*t-what a hole. Good to see David, though.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 06:33:01 AM »

Other than GV and H&V?

Just assumed they might play H&V, but guess not.    Too bad, be kind of cool to hear them play some of those tunes, even with Shamos as guest.

They played H&V at the one UK concert they did this year. Was a nice surprise. Not sure if they've done it since though.
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 07:21:42 AM »

Other than GV and H&V?

They played H&V at the one UK concert they did this year. Was a nice surprise. Not sure if they've done it since though.

They played H&V in Madrid too. Probably in the rest of the french shows as well.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 08:40:41 AM »

"Kokomo Christmas"?

That's exactly that kind of escapist cheese that needs to be avoided for any seriously done reunion/anniversary celebration. Imagine this would've been anounced at the Grammy nominations. 50th anniversary and you do a "Kokomo christmas" ? Any way, why still hang so much on Kokomo ? It was almost 25 years ago and no one will go to a concert just because it has that name in it's title. It's unimportant

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 08:47:42 AM »

"Kokomo Christmas"?

That's exactly that kind of escapist cheese that needs to be avoided for any seriously done reunion/anniversary celebration. Imagine this would've been anounced at the Grammy nominations. 50th anniversary and you do a "Kokomo christmas" ? Any way, why still hang so much on Kokomo ? It was almost 25 years ago and no one will go to a concert just because it has that name in it's title. It's unimportant

Why is Mike is obsessed with this song, all he wrote was the hook on a finished John Phillips song Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »

"Kokomo Christmas"?

Why is Mike is obsessed with this song, all he wrote was the hook on a finished John Phillips song Undecided

I think he did a little more than that. But still, no need to concentrate everything on that song

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 08:50:55 AM »

Welcome to the wonderful world of public relations. Smiley

So was I close when I posted about the Kokomo-Cocktail-Stamos connection with the song's success, seemingly out of nowhere for the Beach Boys?

They're still using the same PR angle to sell things in 2011, it must have worked at least somewhat in 1988 for them to repeat it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 09:17:05 AM »

"Kokomo Christmas"?

I think he did a little more than that. But still, no need to concentrate everything on that song
I could see this getting ugly at the reunion if Mike says Kokomo is the greatest Beach Boys song and Brian gets rightfully pissed because he wrote so many greater songs in the glory days.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2011, 12:13:26 PM »

that was a rough watch.

geez... no wonder Brian doesn't want to be seen with those guys.

Think that was rough?

Try this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5NCGWCZNxE
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »

hahaha nice one!

but she just made me laugh whereas John Stamos makes me want to shoot somebody in the face.

namely John Stamos.

oldsurferdude
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »

Looks like Myke has a beach ball under his shirt as well as the one under his hat. Razz
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 02:03:43 PM »

Holy sh*t @ Bruce's laughter. Brilliant, great video.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx