gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:34:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite Christmas songs?  (Read 10773 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2015, 08:42:18 AM »

The Darlene Love classic songs from the Spector Xmas album an more recent stiff with e street band and little steven.

I saw the Darlene Love Christmas show at the Howard Theater in Washington DC  this past Saturday nite.    drove 7 hours to get there.   worth every penny and every mile.   I '  m still reeling from it!
KDS
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2015, 08:58:27 AM »

The Darlene Love classic songs from the Spector Xmas album an more recent stiff with e street band and little steven.

I saw the Darlene Love Christmas show at the Howard Theater in Washington DC  this past Saturday nite.    drove 7 hours to get there.   worth every penny and every mile.   I '  m still reeling from it!

Are you referring to the Darlene Love song "Alone on Christmas" that was done with the E Street band for the Home Alone 2 soundtrack?  I love that song.  They really capture the Spector sound.   
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2015, 10:51:06 AM »

Yes.  and her new CD Introducing Darlene Love features all new productions bt Steve van zandt and a song by Bruce.   Great sound.  Better than Phil Spector imo

quote author=KDS link=topic=11786.msg552613#msg552613 date=1450717107]

I saw the Darlene Love Christmas show at the Howard Theater in Washington DC  this past Saturday nite.    drove 7 hours to get there.   worth every penny and every mile.   I '  m still reeling from it!

Are you referring to the Darlene Love song "Alone on Christmas" that was done with the E Street band for the Home Alone 2 soundtrack?  I love that song.  They really capture the Spector sound.  
[/quote]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:52:36 AM by donald » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2015, 01:40:47 PM »

"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" in the Joey Ramone versionRock!
KDS
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2015, 05:53:39 AM »

"Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" in the Joey Ramone versionRock!

Never know that existed, but I do love The Ramones song Merry Christmas (I Don't Wanna Fight Tonight). 
Scaroline No
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2016, 06:04:48 AM »

I think my all-time favourite Christmas song would be Santa Claus is Comin' to Town by Cyndi Lauper and Frank Sinatra. So clever and so good, her vocals just kill me. Actually, the whole Very Special Chrismas v2 album is such a great compilation.

Also, not favourites, but thought I'd put this here, since I came across it on my Twitter feed...

Beatles Fan Club Christmas Singles:
http://www.thatericalper.com/2016/12/10/listen-to-all-the-beatles-christmas-singles-club-1963-1969/
KDS
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2016, 06:09:04 AM »

This is what a full Beatles Christmas album might've sounded like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVkBVTFxiU&list=PLF970C744C4FCFA98
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2016, 06:13:05 AM »

I think my all-time favourite Christmas song would be Santa Claus is Comin' to Town by Cyndi Lauper and Frank Sinatra. So clever and so good, her vocals just kill me. Actually, the whole Very Special Chrismas v2 album is such a great compilation.
Cyndi is great singer. Did you listen to "Early Christmas Morning"? The groovy 3:42 version. In my Top 10 favorites.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Scaroline No
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2016, 08:28:17 AM »

Cyndi is great singer. Did you listen to "Early Christmas Morning"? The groovy 3:42 version. In my Top 10 favorites.
I haven't yet, but I will! Sounds like something I'd enjoy.
Scaroline No
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2016, 08:29:51 AM »

This is what a full Beatles Christmas album might've sounded like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVkBVTFxiU&list=PLF970C744C4FCFA98
Bookmarked for my lunch break Smiley
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »

Atlas Eets Christmas by the Flaming Lips and Plastic Ono Band

Sean Lennon wrote the great outro. Give it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paR5E5PSSs4
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx