gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:50:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Andy Paley and the Dago 5 Band  (Read 818 times)
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »

Hope this isn't too off topic, (if so, please move), or too dated, as I see he's been doing this gig since '07.  Also, don't know what motivated me to read this entire listing, (other than the title "Acting Drunk Is Not Like Being Drunk"!), but I was so surpised to see Andy's name at the end:

and "a couple of Jumbo's Clown Room's finest peelers to throw their underthings around to the music of Andy Paley and the Dago 5 band."

Here's the full listing:

Acting Drunk Is Not Like Being Drunk

By Libby Molyneaux

"Rudy Casoni is a crooning lounge singer who, some say, is the bastard son of Frank Sinatra himself. He does a variety show, or 'Boozebag Revue' as he refers to it, every couple of months at the Steve Allen Theater in Hollywood. The show usually starts strong and swinging — a whipcrack-sharp nightclub act — but quickly flies off the rails, the cast imploding and leaving a broken Casoni onstage in the midst of the mayhem." So says Rudy Casoni creator Toby Huss (Cowboys and Aliens, Carnivale, Beavis and Butt-Head, King of the Hill). He's planned an extra-swell, star-studded Rudy Casoni All Boozebag Revue this time around. "It's a swanky affair," he warns. "A chaotic boozebag of a show with one foot in a high-class, uptown lounge and the other in some dirty, downtown gutter, drunk at 5 a.m., belting 'One for My Baby' to a bum on a curb." The cast is filled out by top-notch acts and actors such as James Urbaniak, Kate Flannery (The Office) and Scot Robinson (Anchorman)'s creepy lounge act The Lampshades, Billy the Mime, vaudeville juggler Scot Nery, Syd Straw, Dave Higgins (Mike & Molly, American Horror Story), Mark Fite ("funny jerk"), the Poubelle Twins and "a couple of Jumbo's Clown Room's finest peelers to throw their underthings around to the music of Andy Paley and the Dago 5 band." Adds Huss: "It's some refreshingly un-P.C. adult entertainment. Keep the kids away, you prick." Steve Allen Theater at the Center for Inquiry West, 4773 Hollywood Blvd., Hlywd.; Wed., Dec. 7, 8 p.m.; $10. (323) 666-4268, steveallentheater.com.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx