gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 11:13:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE as a psychedelic experience  (Read 834 times)
rocksucker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:34:26 AM »

Hello there, hope this finds all you denizens of this board good and well. I've just finished reviewing SMiLE (in isolation from The SMiLE Sessions as a whole, as that would take years), as I told myself I would but kept putting it off through a lack of ideas as to how to approach reviewing such a unique piece of music.

As such, I decided to take a bit of a different approach to it, seeing as the particulars of the whole SMiLE story have been ironed out how many thousands of times over elsewhere. So I thought I'd just listen to it and try to put into words where it 'takes' me. It ended up something of a psychedelic children's story a la Alice in Wonderland and Yellow Submarine - so, if you're an easily irked purist, or that kind of thing just sounds like it will bug the hell out of you, please avoid!

http://jonnyabrams.blogspot.com/2011/11/albums-omonth-beach-boys-smile.html

I'd be interested to know if SMiLE has a similar effect to anyone else on here. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

All the best,
Jonny
Rocksucker.co.uk
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 09:35:45 AM by rocksucker » Logged

rocksucker.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx