gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 06:59:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greetings and Salutations  (Read 3003 times)
unheard78
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:14:20 PM »

I'm unheard78 aka Dave3 and I wanna thank the folks who run the board for letting me in the front door!

First off, I have to note I'm a long-time fan of Smile, Pet Sounds and just about anything Brian has been involved in. I hope that doesn't make me sound like an also-ran, hanger-on or late-comer, especially with the Smile box finally being released, cause I'm really not. I've been following Smile for years, ever since I heard about the legacy of the recordings and heard Smiley Smile. It was kind of like hearing a symphony from around the corner of the concert hall and trying to figure out what was going on, and I've been trying to get good seats for the show ever since!

I want to note that I ask a lot of questions, some of which are probably very specific or ridiculously irrelevant. I'm interested in details that most people don't seem to care about, but that's okay because I know I'm not the only one that cares. I say this because I'm fascinated with Holland, Landlocked (I know, it never really existed), Adult/Child, the original Brian Loves You, and of course Smile, for which I want to know everything possible.

I'll see you all around although I wanted to give a shout out to Angry Bee! Thanks again for your help man!

unheard78/Dave3
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:08:23 AM »

Welcome aboard!  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:00 AM »

welcome! Smiley

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »

n00b! Just kidding. Welcome to our little corner of the intarwebs!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx