gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680836 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 09:20:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What was left over from The Smile Sessions Box Set?  (Read 1484 times)
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2011, 10:53:02 AM »

Just wondered if any "Insiders" or even Alan or Mark themselves could tell us what was the extra material left over from The Smile Sessions box set, that could of been put onto two more cd's?.
Or so I read within this board?. Is it just stuff that was cut out of tracks that's already edited for the Box set? e.g. From the Cabin Essence sessions we do have over 30mins of sessions takes as heard on the Secret Smile bootleg.
So is the "extra" stuff just the bits that edited out or some other Sessions or Vocal tracks not yet released in the shops?.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »

I imagine it's that - They said every smile session is represented in some fashion, so I don't think anythings 'missing'.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 11:31:52 AM »

So it's what I thought then any "Extra" bits are just music edited out of the sessions which most of us have got or heard over the years via Bootlegs.
AllIWannaDo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 12:15:58 PM »

Can't Wait Too Long

that should have defo been on, musical style, instrumentation, song structure etc really really echo the approach of SMiLE
The Demon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 01:21:30 PM »

Brian's final mix down from May 67 labelled as a "Dada" session.  They cut that for space.
P.J.
Smiley Smile Associate

The least you could do is smile.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 03:05:17 PM »

As far as I can tell (and I haven't busted out the bootlegs yet to really do an in depth analysis) the only things "missing" are the other two versions of "With Me Tonight" (even though one is present on Hawthorn, CA).

"I heard the word -- wonderful thing -- a children's song."
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 03:59:58 PM »

I don't know if this counts or not, but SMOG is not included.  I also didn't hear the bit from George Fell Into His French with the line "stick your horn up your *** and shove it".  But, these are pretty small technicalities, so all in all, I think they did a great job with the set!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx