gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 02:55:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Motown Drum Track  (Read 1303 times)
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »

Does anybody out there know if there exists an isolated drum track in the Motown style? I am thinking specifically about You Can't Hurry Love but that style really makes its way into a lot of the Motown songs from that period. I'm trying to get it for a sample. Any help?
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:37:28 AM »

I don't have one.  I assume you either aren't able to make one yourself (sampling an existing track) or you can't find a suitable track to sample?  If you aren't able to create one but can name a suitable track (where the beat is played without additional accompaniment), I can probably make one for you.

Let me know.

mps

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »

I don't have one.  I assume you either aren't able to make one yourself (sampling an existing track) or you can't find a suitable track to sample?  If you aren't able to create one but can name a suitable track (where the beat is played without additional accompaniment), I can probably make one for you.

Let me know.

mps

Wow. That's generous. Thank you for the offer.

The problem that I have encountered is that there are very few songs that have that Motown beat that is just the drums alone. Usually it's at least paired with a tambourine and bass and I have no skill with isolating instruments (wouldn't even really know where to begin). The beat I'd like the most would be from You Can't Hurry Love. I will keep looking though - I suppose any excuse to devote time listening to the Hitsville anthology is a good one. Again, thanks for your generosity.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 11:17:44 AM by rockandroll » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx