gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 06:33:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disney bonus tracks  (Read 1232 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:45:11 AM »

Having bought the 11-track EU release of BW's Disney album, then bought the 12-track amazon.com exclusive CD to get the bonus track "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes", I see the amazon.com MP3 album has an additional bonus track, "Peace on Earth".

And it's unavailable to those outside the US.

Can anyone point me at a legitimate source of Peace on Earth please?

I say "legitimate" as the Amazon purchase page carries the warning "Record Company Required Metadata: Music file contains unique purchase identifier."

Explanation:

"The record company that supplies this song or album requires all companies that sell its downloadable music to include identifiers with the downloads.  Embedded in the metadata of each purchased MP3 from this record company are a random number Amazon assigns to your order, the Amazon store name, the purchase date and time, codes that identify the album and song (the UPC and ISRC), Amazon's digital signature, and an identifier that can be used to determine whether the audio has been modified.  In addition, Amazon inserts the first part of the email address associated with your Amazon.com account, so that you know these files are unique to you. Songs that include these identifiers are marked on their product detail page on Amazon.com.  These identifiers do not affect the playback experience in any way."

Good to know that attempts to legitimately purchase the music come up against this kind of wall!   LOL

Have posted this on the Bloo and Smiley so that a) those who need to know know there's a problem* and b) those who might know an answer might be able to offer an answer.

Thanks in advance guys,

John

*IMHO

“We live in divisive times.”
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 06:01:04 AM »

help has been sent...  Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 06:13:03 AM »

Sad … but the help doesn't like Wee Helper much!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 06:16:21 AM »

Sad … but the help doesn't like Wee Helper much!

Smiley Scratch that, I'm more technical that I thought!  Smiley

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 08:38:29 AM »

Just burn it onto a CD then reupload it, it'll lose all of those tags, I'm pretty sure.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:35:15 AM »

Just burn it onto a CD then reupload it, it'll lose all of those tags, I'm pretty sure.

Yes, that's one way.  Some audio editors like peak pro will open an MP3 and then a Save As "idiff name" .mp3 will solve the problem.
You can do the same thing in iMovie, if you're on a Mac.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx