gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 03:32:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Smile Or Disney at wallmart  (Read 3219 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 09:53:37 AM »

Best Buy always has more than Wal-Mart. If anyone goes to a Wal-Mart expecting to find what they want and can't find it, it's kinda their own fault imo. Shop elsewhere for your music like, y'know, a record store or at least something that's at least kind of a record store (i.e. Best Buy, etc. etc. etc.).

One of the drawbacks of living in a rural area is that if you don't want to go to Evil Empire Mart it's at least an hour drive to the closest town with more than one big box store or an actual record store.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »

Funny, they seem to have plenty of room for Justin Bieber CDs even though there's no music on the disc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eckGuEWv9MU
Thats the Best south park ever! LOL Here is something else: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxiH1KOjhaQ
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:52:54 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 12:48:06 PM »

"Music Lovers, Prepare to Say Goodbye to the CD"

See full article from DailyFinance:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/11/15/music-lovers-prepare-to-say-goodbye-to-the-cd/?ncid=webmail1

They specifically  mention Best Buy.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 02:11:26 PM »

Know what else they don't have at Wal-Mart? Customer Service or parking.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »

These people don't need to buy SMiLE Grin http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 02:25:16 PM »

Best Buy always has more than Wal-Mart. If anyone goes to a Wal-Mart expecting to find what they want and can't find it, it's kinda their own fault imo. Shop elsewhere for your music like, y'know, a record store or at least something that's at least kind of a record store (i.e. Best Buy, etc. etc. etc.).

One of the drawbacks of living in a rural area is that if you don't want to go to Evil Empire Mart it's at least an hour drive to the closest town with more than one big box store or an actual record store.

Again, you have the internet. Regardless, my main point was that I thought it was funny that the original poster/others were expecting something to be at Wal-Mart of all places and were somehow disappointed when it wasn't there when we're talking about the furthest from a legit record store you can get, here. If it isn't extremely popular right this instant, good luck finding something there.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 02:31:18 PM »

This is poppycock. Not going to happen. There will be CDs in stores past the end of next year, and likely for years to come. The music industry still makes more money on CDs than anything else.

Contrary to a dubious report that was picked up by numerous blogs last week, there is no major label plan to abandon the CD format by the end of 2012. Such a doomsday scenario has frequently come up but has not materialized. History has proven labels and distributors are willing to work with retailers to keep them carrying music. Retailers may carry fewer titles and they pay less for them - which allows them to charge less - but they still carry CDs.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx