gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:04:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: River Song Question  (Read 3422 times)
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2006, 10:18:03 PM »

I dont know how many times this  been brought up here as I am pretty new so sorry in advance if this has been beaten to death.  I am curious as to how many of the other Beach Boys sang on River Songs from Dennis' Pacific Ovean Blue album.  I know that I read somewhere, at least I think I did, that Dennis claimed to be "90% of the voices" on the song but there are times when I think I here the others (mainly Al and Carl.)  Anybody have the answer?

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
NimrodsSon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:31:38 AM »

Carl definitely sang (also on "Rainbows" and maybe some others) and is clearly audible. I'm not sure about Al, however, or any other Beach Boys for that matter.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

Carl is singing harmony on River Song, Rainbows, Moonshine and Farewell My Friend. But the majority of the voices on River Song (other than the choir) are Dennis, including the great bass vocals. Bruce's voice is on End of the Show, and Al's shows up on one of the POB tracks VERY briefly, can't remember which one.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 10:55:58 AM »

Dennis' bass vocals on River Song are insanely low.  He goes down to something like a low A flat at one point.  Good stuff.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »

Who is that on "End of the show" thanking the audience?(I have a feeling it is Al)

And is it known from which show it is? Was it recorded only for Dennis' song or was the whole show recorded?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
NimrodsSon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 02:58:34 PM »

Well, the song itself is a studio recording, they just added those audience sounds at the end of it.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 08:49:15 PM »

I was pretty convinced thats Brian on the lead of 'Rainbows'

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 08:48:55 AM »

Well, the song itself is a studio recording, they just added those audience sounds at the end of it.

Yeah I know, but the end was from a Beach Boys-concert and I wondered from which and if the whole concert had been recorded.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 01:33:18 PM »

Brian on the lead of Rainbows?? No way... That's Dennis entirely.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 03:48:22 AM »

Brian on the lead of Rainbows?? No way... That's Dennis entirely.

I gues he's talking 'bout the harmony-voice.

Jon, do you know about when and where the little snippet at the end of "End of the show" comes from?

- Jack Rieley
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 08:47:26 AM »

No...Alan Boyd might have a clue. The voice does sound like either Bruce or Al.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx